• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD Named a Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
AMD (NASDAQ: AMD) today announced that it has received a perfect score on the Human Rights Campaign Foundation's 2017 Corporate Equality Index (CEI), naming it a "Best Place to Work for LGBT Equality". The CEI is a benchmarking tool that rates corporate equality policies and practices for lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) employees including equal employment opportunity policies, non-discrimination protections, and benefits.

"At AMD we believe that creating an inclusive environment where every employee is empowered to bring their diverse set of perspectives to the table each day is the key to bringing out the best, most innovative ideas," said Ruth Cotter, chief human resources officer and senior vice president of Corporate Communications and Investor Relations at AMD. "We are proud of the progress we have made to achieve our CEI score and to be named alongside other leading companies as we collectively pursue equality for everyone in the workplace."

"Achieving a score of 100 on the CEI was one of the first goals we set when we formed the AMD Pride employee resource group. We knew it was important to continue fostering a positive, safe, and inclusive work environment and culture that accepts everyone, regardless of their gender identity or sexual orientation, and celebrates those differences. We have come a long way, but we know there is always more work to do. We are excited to continue working to make sure that everyone is able to bring their whole self to work every day," said Steven Guzzo, co-chair of the Pride LGBT and Allies employee resource group at AMD.

The Human Rights Campaign is the largest U.S. national civil rights organization working to achieve equality for LGBT people through education and encouraging the adoption of LGBT-inclusive policies and practices.

Some of AMD's programs and initiatives for LGBT employees include:
  • Equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination policies that cover all facets of diversity, including sexual orientation, gender, and gender identity;
  • Employee Resource Groups such as the Pride LGBT and Allies group;
  • Health coverage for all U.S.-based employees that includes full benefits for domestic partners and comprehensive coverage for transgender employees;
  • Member of the Business Coalition for Equality, a group of U.S. corporations that support the Equality Act.

View at TechPowerUp Main Site

System Name Virtual Reality / Bioinformatics
Processor Undead CPU
Motherboard Undead TUF X99
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory GSkill 128GB DDR4-3000
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra
Storage Samsung 960 Pro 1TB + 860 EVO 2TB + WD Black 5TB
Display(s) 32'' 4K Dell
Case Fractal Design R5
Audio Device(s) BOSE 2.0
Power Supply Seasonic 850watt
Mouse Logitech Master MX
Keyboard Corsair K70 Cherry MX Blue
VR HMD HTC Vive + Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 10 P
They missed Q, it is LGBTQ! And there are KAFGRQPSB.....

This political correctness trend in IT is scary.

Stop giving a f**k about identity politics and focus on producing great products. No one gives a f**k who you employ for as long as you employ them based on merit and not who they like to f**k in their free time and if they identify as an attack helicopter instead of a man or a woman. All anyone cares is they have the skill to improve AMD's position on the market by delivering great products. That's all. These stupid identity politics will ruin absolutely everything and it's time to stop this nonsense. I mean, congratulations, you're gay, now go back to work like everyone else who aren't special snowflakes. Like damn...

Dude, easy. It's not like it was that long ago (and still is, in right to work states without nondiscrimination clauses for LGBT workers) where you can be fired simply for being gay. Employer doesn't like you? Fired. Doesn't matter how good you worked. Thankfully, we have reached a point where it's viewed as more normal and natural, and there's a lot less fear of that in the workplace. People CAN be judged based on merit, and that's a much better place to be than we were even ten or twenty years ago.

'Identity politics' doesn't ruin everything. People are fighting for the right to be treated equally, and fairly. That's a just cause. The more inclusive we are, the better a society we are.

System Name cryohellinc PC
Processor i7-4770k @4.5ghz
Motherboard MSI Z87 MPOWER
Cooling Corsair Hydro Series™ H115i
Memory Corsair Vengeance 16gb @1600mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Sea Hawk GTX 1080 2100mhz
Storage 3ssd - 64gb (software) ;128 (software + operational system); 256gb - Games + 1TB HDD
Display(s) PG348Q
Case Obsidian Series® 750D Full Tower ATX Case
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR + Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250Ω
Power Supply Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei
Keyboard SteelSeries 6gv2 + custom O-Rings. Using Via PS2 connector
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Nobody cares about LGBT Narcissists. Disgusting, why is this even in the news? More attention seekers?

Im straight, white, male, christian, deal with it.

Processor Ryzen 5 3600 PRO
Motherboard AsRock B450 Pro4
Cooling Arctic Freezer 34 /w Noctua NF-P12
Memory Silicon Power XPower Zenith 2x8GB @1600 MHz
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super Gaming OC 8GB
Storage Crucial P5 Plus 1TB / Crucial MX 500 1TB
Display(s) Dell P2419H
Case Fractal Design Pop Air /w 3x Arctic P12 PWM
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z + Edifier R1000T4
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex III 650W
Mouse Microsoft Intelimouse Pro
Keyboard IBM KB-8926
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Benchmark Scores Turns on on the first try! Usually.
Wow, some of these comments are just wow.

Anyway, good for them, a good work environment can only be a good thing.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
I'm off to find a mod - some of the replies in this thread are vile. :shadedshu::banghead:

To those saying this isn't a tech/quality issue and it shouldn't be news, think of it this way: tech companies are all starving for skilled workers, they are trying to clean their act when it comes to hiring women and minorities because IT (in particular, but tech in general) is stuck with the awful truth that most of their workforce is male, white and conservative.

I may make it sound like it's nothing more than a PR/HR stunt, but it is a real problem most tech companies have waited far too long to address.

System Name cryohellinc PC
Processor i7-4770k @4.5ghz
Motherboard MSI Z87 MPOWER
Cooling Corsair Hydro Series™ H115i
Memory Corsair Vengeance 16gb @1600mhz
Video Card(s) MSI Sea Hawk GTX 1080 2100mhz
Storage 3ssd - 64gb (software) ;128 (software + operational system); 256gb - Games + 1TB HDD
Display(s) PG348Q
Case Obsidian Series® 750D Full Tower ATX Case
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster ZxR + Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250Ω
Power Supply Antec High Current Pro HCP-1200 1200W
Mouse SteelSeries Sensei
Keyboard SteelSeries 6gv2 + custom O-Rings. Using Via PS2 connector
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
What horrible and vile comments? The ones where I (we) place merit and skill before identity politics? I don't care what you identify as and I don't care what you like to do in your bedroom. Companies who don't care about identity politics follow the same rule. And by doing that, having only profit in sights, those companies tend to be the most LGBTQJSJDSHJEUUXU friendly. Because they don't constantly parade around how wonderful they are for all of the above, it doesn't mean they aren't good. I mean, wasn't all gays and transgender people ever wanted was to be treated as normal people? Well, you can't be treated like that if you constantly parade around what a special snowflake you are. That's why identity politics are cancerous and should just go away.
This.

MODS, please delete this news topic, or it will degrade. This has nothing to do with Tech News. Keep stuff like this at twitter and instagram. Please.

the54thvoid

Intoxicated Moderator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D
Motherboard MSI MAG Mortar B650 (wifi)
Cooling be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4
Memory 32GB Kingston Fury
Video Card(s) Gainward RTX4070ti
Storage Seagate FireCuda 530 M.2 1TB / Samsumg 960 Pro M.2 512Gb
Display(s) LG 32" 165Hz 1440p GSYNC
Case Asus Prime AP201
Audio Device(s) On Board
Power Supply be quiet! Pure POwer M12 850w Gold (ATX3.0)
Software W10
What horrible and vile comments? The ones where I (we) place merit and skill before identity politics? I don't care what you identify as and I don't care what you like to do in your bedroom. Companies who don't care about identity politics follow the same rule. And by doing that, having only profit in sights, those companies tend to be the most LGBTQJSJDSHJEUUXU friendly. Because they don't constantly parade around how wonderful they are for all of the above, it doesn't mean they aren't good. I mean, wasn't all gays and transgender people ever wanted was to be treated as normal people? Well, you can't be treated like that if you constantly parade around what a special snowflake you are. That's why identity politics are cancerous and should just go away.

I thought you were more intelligent.

In some workplaces I can mention I'm going out with my wife and no body bats an eye. If I mention I'm going out with my boyfriend (gay) then people get upset. Inequality. Nobody is prancing about shouting to the rooftops, it's more about accepting people for their lifestyles without condemning them due to intolerant normally religious views. IT and engineering work spaces are notoriously sexist. Other realms are homophobic. Despite what some religious right wingers think - sexuality is not a choice. In Iran the rate of transgender surgery (in an article i read a while back) was far higher than in the West due to it being more acceptable to be a surgical woman, than be gay.

http://www.worldpolicy.org/transition-iran

The vile responses are those that instantly clamp down on any acceptance of normality for those from 'non-straight' gender types. And it's because it doesn't fit with their narrow ideology. Leonardo Da Vinci was gay. One of the greatest minds on earth. Alan Turin (suicide by cyanide after prosecution by post war UK Govt)..gay. It's actually funny how annoyed people get by equality issues.

I also don't believe in jobs for minorities at the expense of the correct skill set but the post is not about that. The post is recognising people of different backgrounds and gender types can work at AMD without persecution.

btarunr

Editor & Senior Moderator
Staff member
System Name RBMK-1000
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard ASUS ROG Strix B450-E Gaming
Cooling DeepCool Gammax L240 V2
Memory 2x 8GB G.Skill Sniper X
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2080 SUPER GameRock
Storage Western Digital Black NVMe 512GB
Display(s) BenQ 1440p 60 Hz 27-inch
Case Corsair Carbide 100R
Audio Device(s) ASUS SupremeFX S1220A
Power Supply Cooler Master MWE Gold 650W
Mouse ASUS ROG Strix Impact
Keyboard Gamdias Hermes E2
Software Windows 11 Pro
People, be nice. My banstick is rusty, but it still pricks.

System Name AlderLake / Laptop
Processor Intel i7 12700K P-Cores @ 5Ghz / Intel i3 7100U
Motherboard Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Master / HP 83A3 (U3E1)
Cooling Noctua NH-U12A 2 fans + Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme + 5 case fans / Fan
Memory 32GB DDR5 Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 6000MHz CL36 / 8GB DDR4 HyperX CL13
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super Gaming X Trio / Intel HD620
Storage Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Evo 500GB + 850 Pro 512GB + 860 Evo 1TB x2 / Samsung 256GB M.2 SSD
Display(s) 23.8" Dell S2417DG 165Hz G-Sync 1440p / 14" 1080p IPS Glossy
Case Be quiet! Silent Base 600 - Window / HP Pavilion
Audio Device(s) Panasonic SA-PMX94 / Realtek onboard + B&O speaker system / Harman Kardon Go + Play / Logitech G533
Power Supply Seasonic Focus Plus Gold 750W / Powerbrick
Mouse Logitech MX Anywhere 2 Laser wireless / Logitech M330 wireless
Keyboard RAPOO E9270P Black 5GHz wireless / HP backlit
Software Windows 11 / Windows 10
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 (Single Core) 1936 @ stock Cinebench R23 (Multi Core) 23006 @ stock
Good for them!

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus TUF-Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage HP EX950 512GB + Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) HP Z Display Z24i G2
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650W Gold
Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO Remastered
Software Windows 10 x64
Nobody cares about LGBT Narcissists. Disgusting, why is this even in the news? More attention seekers?

"I am heterosexual, white, vaccinated male and I feel discriminated" a guy I knew once said. Very true in this time and age :D

This Political Correctness nightmare went way too far. Its insidiousness reaches every pore of Society.
I remember Gone Home, a shitty game, receiving the highest scores from the gaming press just because the main character was a lesbian; and that, obviously, excuses all flaws.
Same with Blue is the Warmest Colour where reviewers discussed in earnest how realistic the sex scenes were, no matter how boring the whole film was ......
.... anyway, there's always a backlash when things go too far, and maybe 2016 marks the spot.

Processor Intel Core i5 3570k
Motherboard MSI Z77 MPower
Cooling Thermalright Archon
Memory Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x4GB 1600MHz (8-8-8-24)
Video Card(s) MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Gaming X
Storage Plextor M5 Pro 512GB; WD Caviar Green 2TB
Display(s) 2x HP ZR24w
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Special Edition Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-650
Mouse Logitech G403 HERO
Keyboard SteelSeries 7G
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit EN
I'm heterosexual, white, male, catholic, western-european. Honestly, I do not get why so many that fall in that some demographic are so enraged by news like this. Equality and inclusiveness are things that should be natural in the first place. All it takes is the insight to look past our differences. I guess some of us feel discriminated by not being center/spotlight and feel like our 'dominant' position is under fire. To be honest that is just testosterone kicking in. Offcourse there is the question whether LGBTQ rights and political correctness should be celebrated to this extent, but personally I see no harm in it.

deu

System Name Bo-minator (my name is bo)
Processor AMD 3900X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 AORUS MASTER
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Memory G-SkiLL 2x8GB RAM 3600Mhz (CL16-16-16-16-36)
Video Card(s) ASUS STRIX 1080Ti OC
Storage Samsung EVO 850 1TB
Display(s) ACER XB271HU + DELL 2717D
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) ASUS Xonar Essence STX
Power Supply Antec HCP 1000W
Mouse G403
Keyboard CM STORM Quick Fire Rapid
Software Windows 10 64-bit Pro
Benchmark Scores XX
To those saying this isn't a tech/quality issue and it shouldn't be news, think of it this way: tech companies are all starving for skilled workers, they are trying to clean their act when it comes to hiring women and minorities because IT (in particular, but tech in general) is stuck with the awful truth that most of their workforce is male, white and conservative.

I may make it sound like it's nothing more than a PR/HR stunt, but it is a real problem most tech companies have waited far too long to address.

Dude have you been to silicon valley or any other tech industry? :D Half of the employed comes from asia and is either asians or from india. The amount of women represent the amount of women who actually want to be in the field more or less. This goes for the techcompanies i visited this summer. IBM google uber yahoo microsoft + alot of smaller 500 man companies.

@ALL: I would invite every to check out WHY giving people the right to these entitlement is only serving to divide and to create fear amongst people.

This is one of the longer ones but all the arguments are present.

deu

Processor AMD 3900X
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Mouse G403
Benchmark Scores XX
Dude, easy. It's not like it was that long ago (and still is, in right to work states without nondiscrimination clauses for LGBT workers) where you can be fired simply for being gay. Employer doesn't like you? Fired. Doesn't matter how good you worked. Thankfully, we have reached a point where it's viewed as more normal and natural, and there's a lot less fear of that in the workplace. People CAN be judged based on merit, and that's a much better place to be than we were even ten or twenty years ago.

'Identity politics' doesn't ruin everything. People are fighting for the right to be treated equally, and fairly. That's a just cause. The more inclusive we are, the better a society we are.

Identity politics ruin more that you think. Again take a listen to Jordan Peterson. The fact is that the more inclusive we are (by these merits of "specialness") the more hostile we become to eachother.. We divide and create differences based of of social justice warriors uneducated arguments and eagerness to be center of attention. The fact is not everyone can be the most special; thats why we now have gay-wolves that is women that does not want to be adress as women because they are "the most special" but when we have 10.000 of those (guess what; its time to make up a new branch of special because og specialness.) You can go an argue all you want but this is how racism starts just becaue some other dude has other skintone. I know that USA is in a retarded state of mind but I would hold my money before I would invest in a contry that have just created 70-nouns for snowflakery. fact is there is to types of people; men and women. you get the chance to be special by your name and your action. Who you would like to f*** noone cares and it only becomes a problem when we divid "THEM" into different groups. The fact that most of the haters comes from from one of these groups is disturbing.

Processor Intel Core i5 3570k
Motherboard MSI Z77 MPower
Cooling Thermalright Archon
Memory Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x4GB 1600MHz (8-8-8-24)
Video Card(s) MSI Geforce GTX 1060 6GB Gaming X
Storage Plextor M5 Pro 512GB; WD Caviar Green 2TB
Display(s) 2x HP ZR24w
Case Phanteks Enthoo Pro M Special Edition Tempered Glass
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic Focus GX-650
Mouse Logitech G403 HERO
Keyboard SteelSeries 7G
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit EN
Identity politics ruin more that you think. Again take a listen to Jordan Peterson. The fact is that the more inclusive we are (by these merits of "specialness") the more hostile we become to eachother.. We divide and create differences based of of social justice warriors uneducated arguments and eagerness to be center of attention. The fact is not everyone can be the most special; thats why we now have gay-wolves that is women that does not want to be adress as women because they are "the most special" but when we have 10.000 of those (guess what; its time to make up a new branch of special because og specialness.) You can go an argue all you want but this is how racism starts just becaue some other dude has other skintone. I know that USA is in a retarded state of mind but I would hold my money before I would invest in a contry that have just created 70-nouns for snowflakery. fact is there is to types of people; men and women. you get the chance to be special by your name and your action. Who you would like to f*** noone cares and it only becomes a problem when we divid "THEM" into different groups. The fact that most of the haters comes from from one of these groups is disturbing.

Narcissism and snowflakery are completely different topic than equality and inclusiveness. In my opinion inclusiveness should prevent segregation. The whole point of equality is to highlight that everyone is special while at the same time noone is special.

Last edited:
System Name PC.
Processor i7 2600K 5.0Gh,i7 3770K 5.00Gh. EK, Liqed Coooleng
Motherboard P67A-UD7-B3 Gigabyte T.,ASUS,P8Z77-V PREMIUM,MAXIMUS V EXTRIME..
Cooling Liqed Cooleng ,EK Suprime LTX Nickel,EK for Motherboard,Aqua computer (WGA), Thermaltake .... 0i,
Memory G.SKILL F3-17600CL7-2GBPISG. 16GBSkill Sniper F3-17000CL94GBSR on 2400Hz 10-12-11-29 1
Video Card(s) GTX590 ,SLI ,POV TGT best 691Hz ,LiqedCoold,GTX480.....GTX1080MSI SeaHawkEK SLI
Storage OCZ-REVODRIVE 3-240GB,2xCrucialMX100.512.R-0,1x LMT-32L3m,3x 1TB-WD,1x;1x2TbSEAGATE1x2Tb Seagate
Display(s) DELL-U2412Mb,Samsung Synkmaster245B,HP ENVY 34c
Case Thermaltake, NZXT SWITCH 810SE
Audio Device(s) CREATIVE BLASTER X-Fi Titanium HD , AUNE T1MK2 TUBE USB
Power Supply ENERMAX Platimax 1500W,Thermaltake 1500W
Mouse VIPER V560,FUNC MS-3, Prestigio, R.A.T.E.7 and 5,LogitechG502,RAZER,Inperator.,dead...a.s.o.
Keyboard Trust ....LogotechG410
Software Windows7 64....
Benchmark Scores 3DMark Fire Strike 21.385 (37.234,11.828,7.176)
A new form of stimulation in AMD for lazy and incompetent developers that are not able in the whole year and more , with contracts for the manufacture and access to TEHNOLOGIY issued a capable GPU and CPU processor. Without results it does not ,will not help stimulation with clubs empty words and empty promises because without a good product will not be with what to stimulated . It would be better to issue empty stock which should be split between the developers , to make the effort for their value by developing a good product .

All types of hateful people crawling out of the woodwork on this topic.

Until this topic has no toxic replies LGBTQ equality will be an issue in the world.

As a white, straight, male, atheist I had no strong feelings while reading this article.

Equality for all.

System Name Black Box
Processor Intel Xeon E3-1260L v5
Motherboard MSI E3 KRAIT Gaming v5
Cooling Tt tower + 120mm Tt fan
Memory G.Skill 16GB 3600 C18
Video Card(s) Asus GTX 970 Mini
Storage Kingston A2000 512Gb NVME
Display(s) AOC 24" Freesync 1m.s. 75Hz
Case Corsair 450D High Air Flow.
Audio Device(s) No need.
Power Supply FSP Aurum 650W
Mouse Yes
Keyboard Of course
Software W10 Pro 64 bit
Until this topic has no toxic replies LGBTQ equality will be an issue in the world
They discriminate just as much amongst themselves, it's not always the straights that do that.

System Name The Poor Man Build
Processor Core i9 10850K @5,1Ghz
Motherboard ASUS Z490i STRIX
Cooling Scythe Mugen 5 Black Edition
Memory Gskill TridentZ 16GB Kit @3600 CL16
Video Card(s) PNY GeForce RTX 3080Ti
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB
Display(s) ASUS VG27AQ
Case CM NR200
Power Supply CM V750 SFX

This tbh, deu is the realest dude in this thread

Well, they can't expect to be treated as a normal person, when in fact, being a gay/trans etc and shoving it down everyone's face was wrong in the first place :^)

everyday we stray even more far away from God, what a time to be alive :^(

deu

Processor AMD 3900X
Cooling Noctua NH-D15
Mouse G403
Benchmark Scores XX
Narcissism and snowflakery are completely different topic than equality and inclusiveness. In my opinion inclusiveness should prevent segregation. The whole point of equality is to highlight that everyone is special while at the same time noone is special.

100% agreed! :) The danger is when people in the misunderstood pursuit for acceptance and equality creates the opposite!