• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HiFiMAN ANANDA

The ANANDA is a brand new full-size headphone featuring HiFiMAN's most advanced planar magnetic drivers. The huge NsD membrane drivers coupled with an ear cup design from the HiFiMAN Edition X and headband from the Sundara make for an interesting proposition. Currently priced at $699, the ANANDA sits below the Arya and the Susvara in terms of price, but still offers many of the advantages of its bigger brethren.

Show full review

mgilbert

The Ananda headphones are not brand new. They have been around since June of 2018. The Bluetooth version was released a little over a year later. The non-Bluetooth version was $1,000 when first released, so $700, while still high, is a relative "bargain". I found them a little too forward in certain parts of the midrange, and ultimately wound up with the Arya headphones.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I reviewed these headphones for Hifiman over on head-fi org when they first launched. Best female vocals I have ever heard, but they were too large for my head even on the smallest setting. for $400 with a new headband design i would prob buy them. but they will never do that so eh.

Processor 12900K @5.1all Pcore only, 1.23v
Motherboard MSI Edge
Cooling D15 Chromax Black
Memory 32GB 4000 C15
Video Card(s) 4090 Suprim X
Storage Various Samsung M.2s, 860 evo other
Display(s) Predator X27 / Deck (Nreal air) / LG C3 83
Case FD Torrent
Audio Device(s) Hifiman Ananda / AudioEngine A5+
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX 1000W
Mouse Amazon finest (no brand)
Keyboard Amazon finest (no brand)
VR HMD Index
Benchmark Scores I got some numbers.
Dont regret paying a grand for them. They are a no brainer at $700!

Space Lynx

Astronaut
The Ananda headphones are not brand new. They have been around since June of 2018. The Bluetooth version was released a little over a year later. The non-Bluetooth version was $1,000 when first released, so $700, while still high, is a relative "bargain". I found them a little too forward in certain parts of the midrange, and ultimately wound up with the Arya headphones.

this guy is actually correct though, these headphones should be listed as brand new, Hifiman has sent me multiple headphones to review for the head-fi website. I even reviewed the Jade II for them one or two summers ago, I can't remember now.

I have a massdrop 6xx, I was looking at the arya, the ananda is very good for the price. I'm looking for a top bass headphones and neither of them are like the old denons, so in the bass department I'm looking for the fostex, https://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/products/TH900.shtml, not the ones sold on drop.com, the th900 used to be sold much cheaper. I have been trying to get the driver of the th900 and has been pretty hard, if anybody know where it sells, please contact me.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
I have a massdrop 6xx, I was looking at the arya, the ananda is very good for the price. I'm looking for a top bass headphones and neither of them are like the old denons, so in the bass department I'm looking for the fostex, https://www.fostexinternational.com/docs/products/TH900.shtml, not the ones sold on drop.com, the th900 used to be sold much cheaper. I have been trying to get the driver of the th900 and has been pretty hard, if anybody know where it sells, please contact me.

your best bet is head-fi.org site and request a WTB thread.

System Name Main
Processor 8700K
Motherboard Maximus Hero X
Cooling EVGA 280 CLC w/ Noctua silent fans
Memory 2x8GB 3600/16
Video Card(s) EVGA 2080TI Hybrid
I have the Sundara's and they're very good to my ears, I wonder they compare to these.