• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Mangird Tea In-Ear Monitors

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Mangird, or XENNS as of recently, is a new brand that came out of nowhere to occupy many top IEM ranking lists with the Mangird Tea. Today, we test these hybrid earphones promising to be a premium offering with flagship-level performance for a far more attainable price point of $299.

Show full review

Space Lynx

Astronaut
@VSG have you reviewed any planar magnetic headphones or in-ears yet? I'm just curious your thoughts on them.

I really like planar sound signature in general, it just has a different "feel" to it... probably wrong word usage but maybe you know what I mean.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
@VSG have you reviewed any planar magnetic headphones or in-ears yet? I'm just curious your thoughts on them.

I really like planar sound signature in general, it just has a different "feel" to it... probably wrong word usage but maybe you know what I mean.
The Audeze LCD-2 Classic was reviewed recently: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/audeze-lcd-2-classic-planar-magnetic-headphones/

The Audeze Euclid planar magnetic IEMs and the LCD-XC headphones will follow soon, and I have a couple of other micro-planar IEM reviews on the way from HarmonicDyne and GoldPlanar. If all goes well, there will be some HiFiMan reviews also but yes definitely the planar magnetic drivers all have a different feel to it because they get closer to the ultimate dream of having an ultra-thin diapragm with strong, uniform driving force resulting in higher efficiency and sensitivity. The tuning itself depends on the brands, with several having a set target of their own which dictates whether they are bassy, have treble fall-off etc.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
The Audeze LCD-2 Classic was reviewed recently: https://www.techpowerup.com/review/audeze-lcd-2-classic-planar-magnetic-headphones/

The Audeze Euclid planar magnetic IEMs and the LCD-XC headphones will follow soon, and I have a couple of other micro-planar IEM reviews on the way from HarmonicDyne and GoldPlanar. If all goes well, there will be some HiFiMan reviews also but yes definitely the planar magnetic drivers all have a different feel to it because they get closer to the ultimate dream of having an ultra-thin diapragm with strong, uniform driving force resulting in higher efficiency and sensitivity. The tuning itself depends on the brands, with several having a set target of their own which dictates whether they are bassy, have treble fall-off etc.

I have heard a hifiman h400s with focus pads, h400i, h4xx. out of the 3 h400s had amazing female vocals, wasn't a huge fan of h400i, but the h4xx was def a great bang for buck can.

i have had my eye on the H5XX on massdrop for awhile now... but i haven't been into this hobby in ages, so no sure if i should or not LOL

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
I have heard a hifiman h400s with focus pads, h400i, h4xx. out of the 3 h400s had amazing female vocals, wasn't a huge fan of h400i, but the h4xx was def a great bang for buck can.

i have had my eye on the H5XX on massdrop for awhile now... but i haven't been into this hobby in ages, so no sure if i should or not LOL
Speaking of Drop, there might be an HD 6XX headed in for review.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Speaking of Drop, there might be an HD 6XX headed in for review.

yep, I regret selling my HD 6XX. i got it on the very first drop they ever had for them. man that can kicked! i love my HD 58X, but there is something very special about the HD 6XX.

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
yep, I regret selling my HD 6XX. i got it on the very first drop they ever had for them. man that can kicked! i love my HD 58X, but there is something very special about the HD 6XX.
It should be interesting since I've plenty of experience with the classic Sennheiser lineup.