• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Symphonium Audio Helios In-Ear Monitors

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Symphonium Audio aims to re-establish what balanced armature drivers are capable of with its new flagship. The Symphonium Helios is the result of clever engineering and lots of elbow grease, and ends up being one of the most exciting IEM releases with good tuning, excellent technical performance, and much, much more!

Show full review

Space Lynx

Astronaut
@VSG Have you had any experience with earbuds that will be molded to your ears specifically? like you have to do a mold of your ear first? I really want to try something like that someday. for the perfect fit

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
@VSG Have you had any experience with earbuds that will be molded to your ears specifically? like you have to do a mold of your ear first? I really want to try something like that someday. for the perfect fit
Funny you should mention that because I am working right now on a CIEM article covering all that :)

I do, you have to go to a doctor (in the US) for these and get fitted it's not cheap and these IEMs tend to cost more as well. Pain in the ass to insert as well.

Ultimately you're shelling out for a better seal. It's worth it, with a catch. You can get a "perfect seal" with non custom IEMs if you are willing to faff about and fuck about with tips and other items and find at set that works for you. Or just go etymotic and rape your ears, and even they will make you a custom tip. For me I'm a giant, go go Dutch blood though I'm American! So I'm tall as fuck, former military, and buit like a damn tank. Even the large foams and silicon tips don't fit me, too small. So I get the XLs and very few brands make those and they are a pain to hunt down.

The last customs I got ran me about 3k, 64 audio. The issue is the custom factor drives the price up enough it's go big or go home. And the brands that do offer this are all to quick to sell you some 18 driver monster that doesn't really compete with a 300 buck blessing 2 or a 1000 buck shure 846. Both of those sort of define where you want to be.

Funny you should mention that because I am working right now on a CIEM article covering all that :)
curious as to what brands you jumped on

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
I do, you have to go to a doctor (in the US) for these and get fitted it's not cheap and these IEMs tend to cost more as well. Pain in the ass to insert as well.

Ultimately you're shelling out for a better seal. It's worth it, with a catch. You can get a "perfect seal" with non custom IEMs if you are willing to faff about and fuck about with tips and other items and find at set that works for you. Or just go etymotic and rape your ears, and even they will make you a custom tip. For me I'm a giant, go go Dutch blood though I'm American! So I'm tall as fuck, former military, and buit like a damn tank. Even the large foams and silicon tips don't fit me, too small. So I get the XLs and very few brands make those and they are a pain to hunt down.

The last customs I got ran me about 3k, 64 audio. The issue is the custom factor drives the price up enough it's go big or go home. And the brands that do offer this are all to quick to sell you some 18 driver monster that doesn't really compete with a 300 buck blessing 2 or a 1000 buck shure 846. Both of those sort of define where you want to be.

curious as to what brands you jumped on
LETSHUOER with the EJ07M and then Custom Art with the Fibae 7 Unlimited. The former is already here, just waiting on some blu tac to seal it in the coupler for measurements.