• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HIFIMAN Ananda (2022 Stealth Magnets) Planar Headphones

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
HIFIMAN updates its popular Ananda open-back planar magnetic set to include stealth magnet technology, also overhauling the unboxing experience. The new Ananda Stealth goes for a neutral-bright tuning and offers a comfortable, enjoyable listening experience for fans of jazz and classical music alike.

Show full review

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Cable fucking fail. This should have an XLR with it.
Doesn't need an XLR cable, it's quite easy to drive as it is. Now as to the actual cable quality itself, that's a whole other matter.

Doesn't need an XLR cable, it's quite easy to drive as it is. Now as to the actual cable quality itself, that's a whole other matter.
It's a fucking 3.5 with a 1/4 adapter which is granted the norm. But I'm talking the norm for sub 200 pro items. At the 700 buck range that cable is crap on multiple levels. Also your questyle mobile dac/amp, which is the one I have and my feelings match yours, has comments off.

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Also your questyle mobile dac/amp, which is the one I have and my feelings match yours, has comments off.
Oh? I just commented and tagged you there, I don't see anything out of the norm.

Hxx

It's a fucking 3.5 with a 1/4 adapter which is granted the norm. But I'm talking the norm for sub 200 pro items. At the 700 buck range that cable is crap on multiple levels. Also your questyle mobile dac/amp, which is the one I have and my feelings match yours, has comments off.
thats hifimans M.O.. great sound performance, questionable build quality and accessories. I'd be surprised if it was otherwise. xs, sundara, 400se same boat. Meanwhile Beyer offers mini xlr and great build in $250 headphones but ofc they've got other issues

Last edited:

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Processor Ryzen 7800X3D -30 uv
Motherboard AsRock Steel Legend B650
Cooling MSI C360 AIO
Memory T-Create 32gb 6000 CL 30
Video Card(s) MERC310 7900 XT -60 uv +150 core
Display(s) NZXT Canvas IPS 1440p 165hz 27"
Case NZXT H710 (Red/Black)
Audio Device(s) SHP-9500, custom tube amp, Modi 3 dac
Power Supply Corsair RM850W
@VSG I'm just waiting for the Edition XS to go on a $399 sale at this point. I think that may be my personal end game can, and also my max budget. lol

Until then, I am staying retired from the hobby with my HD58X. Quite happy with them.

Reactions: VSG

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
@VSG I'm just waiting for the Edition XS to go on a $399 sale at this point. I think that may be my personal end game can, and also my max budget. lol

Until then, I am staying retired from the hobby with my HD58X. Quite happy with them.
I am sure it's going to be on sale this holiday season, the Edition XS is Hifiman's best selling set now even going past the Sundara.

System Name Intel 2023
Processor Intel Core i5 13600KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B660M Aourus Pro
Cooling Custom water cooling loop
Memory 2x16gb Adata PC 3600
Video Card(s) AMD 6950XT
Storage 2TB Corsair MP600
Display(s) Nixeus 27 EDG
Case Phanteks P600
Audio Device(s) Topping DX3 Pro +
Power Supply Corsair RM850
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Womier K87 with Tecsee Purple Panda switches
Software Win 11 Pro 64bit
Benchmark Scores Unfortunately no time anymore to benchmark....
I snagged a set of 400se's when they were selling at $108. Stupid money for planars, and to be honest the sound quality has been excellent paired with my DX3 Pro+ and a little tweaking from Equalizer APO and Peace.

Great review VSG.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
I snagged a set of 400se's when they were selling at $108. Stupid money for planars, and to be honest the sound quality has been excellent paired with my DX3 Pro+ and a little tweaking from Equalizer APO and Peace.

Great review VSG.
Awesome, enjoy the planar experience!

thats hifimans M.O.. great sound performance, questionable build quality and accessories. I'd be surprised if it was otherwise. xs, sundara, 400se same boat. Meanwhile Beyer offers mini xlr and great build in $250 headphones but ofc they've got other issues

Yeah the drivers and tuning are a steal for what they sell at compared to the competition. But then you look at say Audeze and once you get past the sticker shock you realize you are getting what you pay for. Dan Clark Audio also falls into the same sort of area as well. I've heard too many HifiMan horror stories by now. For every 8 people that love them there are two where the set self destructed and then customer support were jerks.

Great review VSG.
That's an insane deal.