• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Phanteks Glacier C370I CPU Water Block

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Phanteks updates its CPU water block line with the new Glacier C370 series. Today we examine the Intel-specific C370I that comes in black or white color options, uses an acrylic top with integrated LEDs for aesthetics, and a nickel-plated cold plate with tall fins to allow for a good balance of cost, flow restriction, and thermal performance.

Show full review

System Name Lightbringer
Processor Ryzen 7 2700X
Motherboard Asus ROG Strix X470-F Gaming
Cooling Enermax Liqmax Iii 360mm AIO
Memory G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB (8GBx4) 3200Mhz CL 14
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 5700XT Nitro+
Storage Hp EX950 2TB NVMe M.2, HP EX950 1TB NVMe M.2, Samsung 860 EVO 2TB
Display(s) LG 34BK95U-W 34" 5120 x 2160
Case Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic (White)
Power Supply BeQuiet Straight Power 11 850w Gold Rated PSU
Mouse Glorious Model O (Matte White)
Keyboard Royal Kludge RK71
Software Windows 10
What we need is for some company to come along and figure out a way to cut the cost on waterblocks through a novel manufacturing process....something that would reduce the necessary machining to an absolute minimum....where the body of the block is cast in a mold and the only machining is for the microfins.

It'd be nice if fittings can come down in price too, after all it's just a standard BSPP thread and non-pc watercooling company compression fittings with BSPP thread and made of nickel plated brass are usually less than $5/each, but unfortunately that's probably a tougher nut to crack....maybe one day.

cpugpuram

Stay away from Phanteks custom loop products. Multiple gpu and cpu blocks fail on me.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Stay away from Phanteks custom loop products. Multiple gpu and cpu blocks fail on me.
I've never had any issues, so should I say stay away from staying away? Have you noticed others having the same issues? If you can share more details that would be useful.

cpugpuram

Yeah you are right i should give more detail. I used intel c350i waterblock. Accrylic on both of them cracked very fast in couple of days use. I didn't even tighthen the fittings all that much because of the crack issue. It's inherent to the product imo. I used 2 of them. It's most likely just a cosmetic issue although i didn't wanna risk it so i didn't use it again when i redid the loop.

Other one is their Asus strix 2080 ti water block. The issue on this one is much bigger. This one: https://phanteks.com/images/product/Liquid-Cooling/PH-GB2080TiAS/PH-GB2080TiAS_CR01-1z.jpg
It leaks from that mirror chrome front plate you see in the picture. The design is flawed. I bought the same waterblock again and new one leaked too. I also saw other people having the exact same issue in comment section of it's amazon page. I mailed them too and they didn't respond. After my experience i would definitely stay away from them. In an industry like custom water cooling your number 1 priority should be reliability. 4 products i used and all of them failed because of their poor design.

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Yeah you are right i should give more detail. I used intel c350i waterblock. Accrylic on both of them cracked very fast in couple of days use. I didn't even tighthen the fittings all that much because of the crack issue. It's inherent to the product imo. I used 2 of them. It's most likely just a cosmetic issue although i didn't wanna risk it so i didn't use it again when i redid the loop.

Other one is their Asus strix 2080 ti water block. The issue on this one is much bigger. This one: https://phanteks.com/images/product/Liquid-Cooling/PH-GB2080TiAS/PH-GB2080TiAS_CR01-1z.jpg
It leaks from that mirror chrome front plate you see in the picture. The design is flawed. I bought the same waterblock again and new one leaked too. I also saw other people having the exact same issue in comment section of it's amazon page. I mailed them too and they didn't respond. After my experience i would definitely stay away from them. In an industry like custom water cooling your number 1 priority should be reliability. 4 products i used and all of them failed because of their poor design.
Let me show this to the Phanteks rep, thanks for sharing.

System Name Intel 2023
Processor Intel Core i5 13600KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B660M Aourus Pro
Cooling Custom water cooling loop
Memory 2x16gb Adata PC 3600
Video Card(s) AMD 6950XT
Storage 2TB Corsair MP600
Display(s) Nixeus 27 EDG
Case Phanteks P600
Audio Device(s) Topping DX3 Pro +
Power Supply Corsair RM850
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Womier K87 with Tecsee Purple Panda switches
Software Win 11 Pro 64bit
Benchmark Scores Unfortunately no time anymore to benchmark....
Great review VSG. I'm always interested in blocks, having purchased my first blocks in 2003, Swiftech and Danger Den....

Curious why this block was not given any awards.
Good performance, good value (in top of both lists), no award.

In the cons you stated Thermal performance relatively worse, but under performance summary you state that the 'Phanteks Glacier C370I once again finds itself among the best performers in this extremely tight list'.

What made this a no award block for you? Curious, is all....

VSG

Editor, Reviews & News
Staff member
Great review VSG. I'm always interested in blocks, having purchased my first blocks in 2003, Swiftech and Danger Den....

Curious why this block was not given any awards.
Good performance, good value (in top of both lists), no award.

In the cons you stated Thermal performance relatively worse, but under performance summary you state that the 'Phanteks Glacier C370I once again finds itself among the best performers in this extremely tight list'.

What made this a no award block for you? Curious, is all....
The performance summary includes flow restriction, where this makes up spaces. The only reason for the lack of an award is the availability of the new Alphacool Core 1 that costs a tiny bit more, performs better, and gives you more universal CPU socket support out of the box. This is not including the blocks from Bykski/Barrow etc either.

ITISTIME

I've had good experiences with Phanteks and they responded pretty quickly to me. Hyper X on the other hand took 2 whole months to respond to a ticket about my keyboard that was fixed with a simple 5 second reset.