• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Galax GeForce RTX 4070 Super EX

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
The Galax GeForce RTX 4070 Super EX comes with a small price increase over the NVIDIA MSRP, yet gives you a premium cooler that's much stronger than what's offered on the baseline models. Both temperatures and noise levels are improved over the Founders Edition.

Show full review

ARF

This goes directly against the Radeon RX 7900 GRE 16GB.

1710880374474.png

The Radeon has 35% more VRAM, and is 12% cheaper, while the overall framerate benches show same numbers.

1710880487692.png

No buy.

Qwerty101

As much as AMD is great on Linux with the open source drivers…

“Kool Aid” is not the issue. If I choose the Nvidia option I get about the same rasterisation but also:

- Accelerated machine learning and deep learning: xgboost, catboost. LightGBM… tensorflow PyTorch and many other tools work only with Nvidia GPU or work incomparably better with Nvidia GPU.

- Great support (actually working) for application acceleration like Blender, the Adobe CC apps and many more.

- Best quality hardware encoding (and actually working + stable).

- Better running LLMs locally…

More VRAM will be great but these “35%+” on AMD give me none of these features (or where available absolutely not production level quality and reliability).

There are many rational reasons to buy Nvidia instead of AMD.

• Haha
Reactions: ARF

Qwerty101

There are not.
This is a gaming card, not a workstation card.
Sure if you get AMD … it is ONLY a gaming card.

But with Nvidia I get the gaming card PLUS all my machine learning like CatBoost, XGBoost and LightGBM gets orders of magnitude (!!!) faster.

My Python also unlocks a ton of easy and working acceleration options for scientific computing with CuPy and SciPy.

And my Adobe Creative Cloud subscription that I already pay for gets a nice production boost.

ROCm? An insult if not a joke.

NVIDIA allows every gamer to explore many productivity fields, learn and actually produce great results with the gear they already have.

For about the same money AMD gives you only rasterisation gaming and sorrow if you try to use them for anything else.

System Name Bro2
Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aorus Elite
Cooling Corsair h115i pro rgb
Memory 16GB G.Skill Flare X 3200 CL14 @3800Mhz CL16
Video Card(s) Powercolor 6900 XT Red Devil 1.1v@2400Mhz
Storage M.2 Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500MB/ Samsung 860 Evo 1TB
Display(s) LG 27UD69 UHD / LG 27GN950
Case Fractal Design G
Audio Device(s) Realtec 5.1
Power Supply Seasonic 750W GOLD
Mouse Logitech G402
Keyboard Logitech slim
Software Windows 10 64 bit
Sure if you get AMD … it is ONLY a gaming card.

But with Nvidia I get the gaming card PLUS all my machine learning like CatBoost, XGBoost and LightGBM gets orders of magnitude (!!!) faster.

My Python also unlocks a ton of easy and working acceleration options for scientific computing with CuPy and SciPy.

And my Adobe Creative Cloud subscription that I already pay for gets a nice production boost.

ROCm? An insult if not a joke.

NVIDIA allows every gamer to explore many productivity fields, learn and actually produce great results with the gear they already have.

For about the same money AMD gives you only rasterisation gaming and sorrow if you try to use them for anything else.
I think you are splitting hair here.

4070 Super's price is not that great if you ask me.