• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

5700xt powercolor red devil/bios flash

Punx85

wondered if anyone could help. I’m on teamredminer.... 5700xt powercolor red devil... everything was fine stock, hashing 52.0 stable for days, decided to flash the silent side of 5700xt to squeeze more out, everything seemed fine started up miner, same wattman settings, hashing 55.5 according to the team red miner. But my shares changed drastically, Went to bed and had 99 shares after 10 hours, switched back to oc side (where I had it originally, back to 52.0 mhs) and everything seems ok again, 45 shares in 1.5 hours. Confusing

phill

Staff member
System Name Not so complete or overkill - There are others!! Just no room to put! :D
Processor Ryzen Threadripper 3970X
Motherboard Asus Zenith 2 Extreme Alpha
Cooling Lots!! Dual GTX 560 rads with D5 pumps for each rad. One rad for each component
Memory Viper Steel 4 x 16GB DDR4 3600MHz not sure on the timings... Probably still at 2667!! :(
Video Card(s) Asus Strix 3090 with front and rear active full cover water blocks
Storage I'm bound to forget something here - 250GB OS, 2 x 1TB NVME, 2 x 1TB SSD, 4TB SSD, 2 x 8TB HD etc...
Display(s) 3 x Dell 27" S2721DGFA @ 7680 x 1440P @ 144Hz or 165Hz - working on it!!
Case The big Thermaltake that looks like a Case Mods
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA 1600W T2
Mouse Corsair thingy
Keyboard Razer something or other....
VR HMD No headset yet
Software Windows 11 OS... Not a fan!!
Benchmark Scores I've actually never benched it!! Too busy with WCG and FAH and not gaming! :( :( Not OC'd it!! :(
Hi @Punx85

All I know from running my two 5700 Liquid Devil cards is that I've tried flashing them, doesn't work... Left alone! Both are hashing about the 52.4MH ish rate and they are both completely stable Amazing cards if I'm honest...
I just wish one of my cards where slightly better than they are with the memory cooling, 90C on my first card, then 62/64C on my second... Same loop and such but there we are... Might have to take the card apart to see what is going on with the first one....

I'd flash back the original bios on the other bios, leave it be running at 52MH... Sometimes flashing cards just isn't worth it at all... :) (If its not broke, don't fix it...)

Punx85

Thanks for your input bro.... that’s what I just did and now it’s at 53.1 on pheonix miner, 99 watts... I guess I should just be happy with it ;) does the dashboard for ethermine take a while to read accurately ? Been hashing at the 53 for almost 2 hours but my estimated daily seems too low and now gaining much eth yet (I know I only have the one card but usually the 4th digit climes somewhat steadily, If you can’t tell I’m a bit of a newb lol