• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

a good RPG PC Title, like Final Fantasy engine????

CH@NO

System Name Thank God you're back!!!
Processor Intel Core i3 2100 @ 3.1GHz (stock)
Motherboard ECS H67H2-M3
Cooling Stock + 1 X 80mm Thermaltake red LED
Memory 1 X 4 GB Kingston 1333MHz DDR3
Video Card(s) coming soon
Storage 1TB Seagate SATAII + 500GB Hitachi USB (External)
Display(s) Samsung 20" LED Widescreen
Case coming soon
Audio Device(s) Onboard Realtek HD 6ch Audio
Power Supply Generic 450W with 20A on the 12v+ rail
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Benchmark Scores coming soon
Hi members.

I search it on the net, most of the time at gamespot but I don't have a clue about a PC game that have an engine like FF and MANY others square or other companies games. And when I say engine I mean the Level thing (you start with X level and when fighting you acquire some EXP to raise your level) and the fight (not necesary the "hit-you / hit-me" thing, dinamic battles are fine too), the magics or special powers would be fine too.

Well, you catch my point doesn't it???, I've heard about OBLIVION for example, It says It's RPG but I don't know if that game will match some, all or none of my requests.

Since many of you has the same likes and play MANY PC titles maybe you can recomend me some RPG games.

And I already know of the FF XI but as far as I know you must pay to play online so......:shadedshu

THANX FOR YOUR SUPPORT :respect:

An RPG is an RPG is an RPG.

Anything describing itself as an RPG, will have those elements you described. Oblivion included, and many people here will atest to its greatness... kinda long and tedious at times, but the action certainly makes up for it.

Yeah, but basically, an RPG is just what you described; levels, experience gain from battles, many have dynamic battles, rather than turn-based ones, like in FF, but the magical powers are an almost integral part of RPGs, so that's a definite.

I'm not much of an RPG player, but Oblivion I can say is awesome, Guild Wars is meh, but at least it's an MMO without subscription. WoW is good, but it really sucks the life out of you, along with the money... I do hear Heroes of Might & Magic, the newest one, available on Steam, is good, but didn't play it yet, hardly even looked at reviews and screenhots when it arrived.

System Name COLOSSUS-MK4
Processor E8400 @4.4 GHz - FSB @550 MHZ
Motherboard Asus P5K Premium (Black Pearl)
Cooling Xigmatek HDT-S1283
Memory 2x1GB Geil BlckDrgn 800 @1158 5-5-5-18
Video Card(s) 8800GT 512MB @740/1782/2080
Storage Hitachi T7K250 250GB & 7200.10 Seagate 250GB
Display(s) Gateway FPD1975W 19" Widescreen
Case Antec 1200
Audio Device(s) Xi-FI Xtreme Audio
Power Supply CoolerMaster IGreen 500W
Software XP Home SP3
Benchmark Scores SuperPi: 10.563 Sciencemark: 2563.14
I've got to say I've always been impressed with Oblivion. I get bored of games very quickly. (Just ask my long suffering mates) however with Oblivion I still haven't. Sure it can be tiresome at times but it really was the Game of the Year in my opinion.