• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

AMD3000xp

elite

Hello there,

Ok - I have never done any really hardcore overclocking before but we all have to start some where. To day I'v been playing around with my CPU fpb and Vcore, Im running a 3000xp 2.17Ghz stock cpu, now at 2.37Ghz fps at 182.0 fps Vcore at 2.750v.

After running a 3dbenchmark03 It was all running smooth so I thought I'll try turning it up abit, maybe thinking iv gone to far already I only move the fps up by 2hmz (F10 - Y enter) reboot, the screen didnt load (stayed on standby) by this time i was sh**ting my self thinking omg iv messed it all up. I then reset my CMOS and rebooted all was fine. Now iv put my cpu back to the speed it was running at 182.0mhz.

So here I am asking if I should top the Vcore to 1.8v and try another 5mhz? or will this blow my cpu + motherboard?

Thanks, Mark!

sersalpha

Where's your sense of adventure? :D Crank that voltage up and see what you get - It's very unlinkely that you'll permanently damage your board using your BIOS' built in voltage settings.

elite

ok thanks for tht...i was reading about overclocking using the mulitplier but i cant find it anywhere on my board, where till it be and then wot i do? sorry for been a newbie. iv been reading about it all and does it goes like this...i drop the mulitplier to around >> 9 (<<not sure at all about that?) then up the fps long with the vcore..this right or wrong...if wrong please help me out - thanks

wazzledoozle

Processor X2 3800+ @ 2.3 GHz
Motherboard DFI Lanparty SLI-DR
Cooling Zalman CNPS 9500 LED
Memory 2x1 Gb OCZ Plat. @ 3-3-2-8-1t 460 MHz
Video Card(s) HIS IceQ 4670 512Mb
Storage 640Gb & 160Gb western digital sata drives
Display(s) Hanns G 19" widescreen LCD w/ DVI 5ms
Case Thermaltake Soprano
Audio Device(s) Audigy 2 softmod@Audigy 4, Logitech X-530 5:1
Power Supply Coolermaster eXtreme Power Plus 500w
Software XP Pro
I dont know much about voltages, but the multiplier is multiplied against teh front side bus so you do not want the multiplier. Also rasing the front side bus higher than what your motherboard is rated for can harm the motherboard.

sersalpha

elite said:
ok thanks for tht...i was reading about overclocking using the mulitplier but i cant find it anywhere on my board, where till it be and then wot i do? sorry for been a newbie. iv been reading about it all and does it goes like this...i drop the mulitplier to around >> 9 (<<not sure at all about that?) then up the fps long with the vcore..this right or wrong...if wrong please help me out - thanks

This guide at Tom's Hardware should cover all 3000+ overclocking questions.

M

mpan3

ONLY 1.8v? sissy... ^_^
I gave my XP2000 2v for 3 month.

Labbetuss

sersalpha

The guide only conserns those with the brown AMD athlon xp3000+, ot does not work for the green AMD athon xp3000+ cpu.

Nobru_rv

Labbetuss said:
sersalpha

The guide only conserns those with the brown AMD athlon xp3000+, ot does not work for the green AMD athon xp3000+ cpu.

I had a green 3000+. I did 247 fsb with zalman cooling 1.9v with kingmax tinybga colored 433. It had also an UNLOCKED multiplier so i could play with my cpu.