• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ApRa Ping Tester 2022 - Easily test your ping!

ApRa'

First of all, what is this program?
  • By pinging the servers added to the program (Game, DNS, etc.), it shows you these values and you can see how many pings you get on those servers.
  • You can use it in games without installing the game or for instant testing.
Are things like malware or data collection present?
  • The program has been developed over open source and the codes can be checked if desired, in addition, there is no data retention issue.
  • It can be False-Positive.
Update
  • It is aimed to reach more people by returning this version to the Windows Form application.
Download link:
Virüs Total:
Github
First Version

Ping-Tester.png2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg5.jpg

Last edited:

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
System Name SYBARIS
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk
Cooling Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 2x8GB 3200CL16
Video Card(s) Colorful GeForce RTX 2060 6GV2
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 24" 144hz IPS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Audio Device(s) Massdrop + Sennheiser PC37X | QKZ x HBB
Power Supply Corsair CX650-F
Mouse Razer Viper Mini | Cooler Master MM711 | Logitech G102 | Logitech G402
Keyboard Drop + The Lord of the Rings Dwarvish
Software Windows 10 Education 22H2 x64
Needs more varied games tbh. People who wanna know the ping of CS:GO and Valorant and shit already have the game installed and can check ping.

I know if there was a ping checker for SQUAD I wouldn't have bought it despite how much I enjoy the game.

Although now that I mention it, game to game experience with latency varies greatly too. So I don't know how much a raw ping value would help anyway. For example, I have acceptable experience in Battlefield games and Insurgency games with 140 ping. But Rising Storm 2 Vietnam is downright unplayable above 120 ping.

ApRa'

I think we can allow this, seems non-commercial. Closed source though, so install at your own risk

You have a second thread, which seems to be for the same software? https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/ping-tester.290216/
I didn't quite understand what you said, but this version is not WPF-based and works on Windows Form. I don't have any other software like this.
Needs more varied games tbh. People who wanna know the ping of CS:GO and Valorant and shit already have the game installed and can check ping.

I know if there was a ping checker for SQUAD I wouldn't have bought it despite how much I enjoy the game.

Although now that I mention it, game to game experience with latency varies greatly too. So I don't know how much a raw ping value would help anyway. For example, I have acceptable experience in Battlefield games and Insurgency games with 140 ping. But Rising Storm 2 Vietnam is downright unplayable above 120 ping.
Unfortunately, we cannot add every game that comes to mind. The biggest reason for this is the state of the servers where the games are located. If the company has not shared an IP in general, it is not possible to ping the IP addresses we find in general.

If you forward games with pingable IP addresses, they can be added during development.

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D
Motherboard Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Custom Watercooling
Memory G.Skill Trident Z Royal 2x16GB
Video Card(s) MSi RTX 3080ti Suprim X
Storage 2TB Corsair MP600 PRO Hydro X
Display(s) Samsung G7 27" x2
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Be Quiet! Dark Power Pro 12 1500W
Mouse Logitech G903
Keyboard Steelseries Apex Pro
The program has been developed over open source and the codes can be checked if desired, in addition, there is no data retention issue.

I see from the other thread that the source code for v1 is hosted on github. Where is the source code for v2 located? Since you claim it is developed as open source.

I think we can allow this, seems non-commercial. Closed source though, so install at your own risk

You have a second thread, which seems to be for the same software? https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/ping-tester.290216/

The other thread is for v1. This is v2. :)

ApRa'

I see from the other thread that the source code for v1 is hosted on github. Where is the source code for v2 located? Since you claim it is developed as open source.

The other thread is for v1. This is v2. :)

Sorry for the late comeback, I didn't have much time. It has been added in two versions.