• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Aquantia Black Friday Deals: AQtion 5G NIC for $59 and 10G NIC for $69

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
Glad you finally got your card. That's interesting as well that they have two suppliers.

This isn't really Aquantia's fault but I've been having trouble finding the right settings for the card. I was having MAJOR issues with insanely high ping and packet loss in games, getting auto kicked off servers on War Thunder but no issues while browsing. After several tries, I just disabled and reduced every possible setting and slowly tried things. I finally traced it down to having TCP/UDP checksum offload ipv4 and ivp6 enabled. I disabled them and everything is fine now. Web browsing started to hang, so slowly figured out the other settings again. I increased the transmit buffers and renabled most other things as well, so now gaming and web surfing is back to smooth.

Not had any problems like that, but my card stopped seeing connected network cables for no apparent reason. I tried multiple different cables, none of them would work, but all worked fine with the onboard Ethernet. Contacted their support after having tried most of the normal fault finding things, including re-installing drivers, moving slot, repairing network settings etc. The advice was to do a full driver uninstall, including removing the drivers, then turn off the PC, switch off the PSU for 30 seconds or more, then re-install the drivers on boot. Oddly enough it worked. Never come across this before, but hopefully the card won't have this problem again, as it's an annoying issue and almost seem like some kind of firmware bug with their cards.

Edit: Well, that fix only worked until I powered down the system, as today I had the same problem with no network cable being detected. Great...

Last edited:
That's truly maddening after everything. I think we're both just going to stick with Intel NICs in the future; they just work and handle everything proper.

TheLostSwede

News Editor
System Name Overlord Mk MLI
Processor AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D
Motherboard Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 SE with offsets
Memory 32GB Team T-Create Expert DDR5 6000 MHz @ CL30-34-34-68
Video Card(s) Gainward GeForce RTX 4080 Phantom GS
Storage 1TB Solidigm P44 Pro, 2 TB Corsair MP600 Pro, 2TB Kingston KC3000
Display(s) Acer XV272K LVbmiipruzx 4K@160Hz
Case Fractal Design Torrent Compact
Audio Device(s) Corsair Virtuoso SE
Power Supply be quiet! Pure Power 12 M 850 W
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed
Keyboard Corsair K70 Max
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores https://valid.x86.fr/5za05v
That's truly maddening after everything. I think we're both just going to stick with Intel NICs in the future; they just work and handle everything proper.

Well, where to start. I've been trying to get support from Aquantia and due to the holidays, me being away etc. things have taken some time, but Aquantia's support delivered.
I was sent a new firmware and driver today and everything seems to be working again, so fingers crossed this is a solid fix.
Got to give it to their support team for trying to find solutions though.
This is a new product and I'm not sure if they'd tested it properly with AMD Ryzen, so this might be part of the problem.
Without a doubt, this is the most frustrating hardware experience I've ever had, but hopefully it'll be worth it.