• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Assassin's Creed, wth... lmao

Space Lynx

Astronaut

Apparently, the Assassin's Creed franchise has over 29 books published in its lore... I knew it had like 3 or 4 books... but wtf... 29... I mean fuck that's approaching the longest fantasy series ever Discworld by Terry Pratchett.

How and why would Ubisoft even want this many published, do they actually sell ok? I am so confused right now.

--- did some more research 29 books is only the beginning, this doesn't include a lot of the older books in the franchise... so yeah this may be the longest fantasy book series outside of star wars and a few other IP's. they must sell well to publish so many, unless Ubisoft is just hemorrhaging money on them

most of them look very mediocre, I read the premise on a few of them and its a pass for me... mostly just surprised more than anything.

edit: some of them actually do score well on Goodreads, I am surprised..

omg there are so many... wtf...

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
I share your surprise. Perhaps this answers why Ubisoft is not doing well lol

System Name Office
Processor Ryzen 5600G
Motherboard ASUS B450M-A II
Cooling be quiet! Shadow Rock LP
Memory 16GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4-3200
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RX 5600 XT
Storage PNY CS1030 250GB, Crucial MX500 2TB
Display(s) Dell S2719DGF
Case Fractal Define 7 Compact
Power Supply EVGA 550 G3
Mouse Logitech M705 Marthon
Keyboard Logitech G410
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H2

Apparently, the Assassin's Creed franchise has over 29 books published in its lore... I knew it had like 3 or 4 books... but wtf... 29... I mean fuck that's approaching the longest fantasy series ever Discworld by Terry Pratchett.

How and why would Ubisoft even want this many published, do they actually sell ok? I am so confused right now.

--- did some more research 29 books is only the beginning, this doesn't include a lot of the older books in the franchise... so yeah this may be the longest fantasy book series outside of star wars and a few other IP's. they must sell well to publish so many, unless Ubisoft is just hemorrhaging money on them

most of them look very mediocre, I read the premise on a few of them and its a pass for me... mostly just surprised more than anything.

edit: some of them actually do score well on Goodreads, I am surprised..

omg there are so many... wtf...

If you count D&D books as a series, they've got Sir Pterry beat several times over.

Processor Intel i7 77OOK
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus something
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S dual fan
Memory Ballistix 32 Go
Video Card(s) MSI 3060 Gaming X
Storage Mixed bag of M2 SSD and SATA SSD
Display(s) MSI 34" 3440x1440 Artimys 343CQR
Case Old Corsair Obsidian something
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Old Antec HCG 620 still running good
Mouse Steelseries something
Keyboard Steelseries someting too
Benchmark Scores bench ? no time to lose with bench ! :)
Books, comics, officials and unofficials guides, meme (!) book, coloring book ...
All of these are cheap litterature (doesn't meaning bad one) and shouldn't cost so much ...
As you know, AC is very popular, even in non gamer circle, it's a kind of win win for Ubisoft.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Books, comics, officials and unofficials guides, meme (!) book, coloring book ...
All of these are cheap litterature (doesn't meaning bad one) and shouldn't cost so much ...
As you know, AC is very popular, even in non gamer circle, it's a kind of win win for Ubisoft.

the movie flopped and half their games have mixed reviews on steam. i personally love the older ac games, just find it surprising is all that it has such a massive book collection

Processor Intel i7 77OOK
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus something
Cooling Noctua NH-U12S dual fan
Memory Ballistix 32 Go
Video Card(s) MSI 3060 Gaming X
Storage Mixed bag of M2 SSD and SATA SSD
Display(s) MSI 34" 3440x1440 Artimys 343CQR
Case Old Corsair Obsidian something
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Old Antec HCG 620 still running good
Mouse Steelseries something
Keyboard Steelseries someting too
Benchmark Scores bench ? no time to lose with bench ! :)
the movie flopped and half their games have mixed reviews on steam. i personally love the older ac games, just find it surprising is all that it has such a massive book collection
If the games are selling good, they can pass on the mixed reviews :laugh: