• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Asus 9550 td

S

skrk1

This card has hynix 5 ram so tryed flashing to asus 9600se .It had same ram and both are se's (64bit) . When flashed asic device id = ox4153 remains the same. When reboot it still is a 9550 radeon according to windows xp sp2 (no drivers found) the Ati Cats and the soft mod cats (4.9) do not work with card. All other parts of bios change,so think that asus
has a lock on thier bio's.So running it with original bios altered to 425/240 with radedit. Still shows up on future mark 2003 as unapproved FM drivers.Cause have to run soft mod drivers.
hope this helps someone with asus card,also would be nice if someone knew how to change
asic device id.

[-Yoshi-]

Remove all the drivers before you flash the card then reboot flash it, then instal the drivers again.
I have the Asus Radeon 9550GE/TD (128bits version). I think there's no need to flash your card as it will not get you any performance boost, just use the softmod drivers to overclock or the ati tool, to get a big preformance boost you should try to flash it with some Radeon 9600 64MB 128bits, you would only get 64Mb of ram but it would work at 128bits, i don't know if that kind of bios exists but try to look for it.

S

skrk1

sorry didn't write that it has 128 mg ram,it bus is 64 bit due to being a se card.And once the card is over clocked any and flashed to bios the have to use softmod drivers. The problem is when tryed to flash with the 9600se from asus that has same memory (128 at 64 bit) (hynix 5.0) the bios id etc get changed ,but not the asic device id ,so ends up being detected again as a 9950 with the 9600se bios .which does not allow use of ati cat drivers
because it sees it as a over clocked 9550.