• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Ati HD5730M BAD FLASH PLEASE HELP!!

Mitar

Hi all!

Somebody please help!!!!

Yesterday i have flashed my Ati hd5730m with AtiFlash on my Alienware M15x from windows because i am idiot and card was slightly oveclocked before flash with running Gigabyte Oc Guru tool in the background.

During flash process i receive message "flash failed" but laptop was still working fine after bad flash, until i reboot. So i have reboot laptop and after that Num and Caps keys begin blinking.

I have desolder serial flash VBIOS chip and connect chip on CH341 usb EEPROM programator, programator recognize chip and read flash with no problem and i realize that bios still exists on chip even after bad flash.

I have erased chip and program it with original hd5730m bios rom downloaded from internet and i have solder chip back to the card. After that, same thing...Caps and Num keys blinking again card is dead even after flash.

p.s.
I am using bios rom from internet but when comparing file with my original rom it was identical.

So i am asking you:

1. What else could go wrong with the card except i messed up bios with bad flash?
2. Is it possible that VBIOS chip is damaged during bad flash process?
3. What do you think about connecting in short pin 1(CE#) and 8(VCC) on pm25lv010 chip which is similar as mine to make a card as a standard vga adapter and flash VBIOS from DOS and if it is do i need second video adapter to this?

There needs to be a PSA about flashing mobile GPUs. Or rather NOT flashing mobile GPUs. Since it never ends well. Something about the VBIOS residing in the motherboard BIOS. So when you try to flash just the VBIOS it screws up the motherboard BIOS. Or something along those lines. Anyway...at this point...if you haven't figured this out already...you can't fix it by doing anything with the VBIOS. You should probably try flashing the motherboard BIOS to fix it. But without a way to get the display working that's probably not going to be very possible. You might get lucky and get it to work by just resetting the motherboard BIOS. If you can figure out how to do that.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Order another hd5730m off ebay and slap that inside your M15x = Problem solved. thank me later.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Yup buy another card, don't do bios flashing at all.