• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATI Radeon 9800 Pro

Xypode

Alright this is my first thread...

I downloaded ATITool about 2days ago... was feeling the need to overclock that card :D
Now I read a bit about it, and I thought I'd start with finding max core speed... so after I clicked on find max core... the test started... doing the heating phase and everything was running fine... until my computer shut down !

So I just told myself it was a random shutdown and I booted it again... but that time the powersupply just blown and doesn't work anymore (you should of seen the sparkles going out of there !)

Well I was just woundering if thats something I should have expected or I'm just the unlucky 1 in 10000 guy that got that problem !

Thanks for your opinion and feel free to write back :D

Here are my computer specs when all of this happened:

A7N8X-X Mobo
AMD Athlon XP 3200+ Barton CPU
ATI Radeon 9800 Pro
2x 512DDR400 Crucial Memory (PC3200)
1x 256DDR400 Samsung Memory (PC3200)
80GB WD HD (8MB)
350W Cheap Powersupply (came with my case :p)
Also something you should know is that all my plugs where used on my powersupply, there wasn't a plug that was left unused (neons, fans, cd, burner, hd, video card, floppy, mobo)

now also if you see something I should change in there for it to work just let me know :)... I'm planning on buying a 400W Antec Powersupply, will that fix out anything ?

Alright well thanks again !!