• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

ATITool Resets Fan Speeds?

scoob

System Name Gamer Rig
Processor E6600 @ 3.6Gigs
Motherboard Asus P5WDG WS Pro
Cooling Custom H2O
Memory 2Gigs Mushkin XP DDR2 800 @ 1000 Speeds
Video Card(s) Sapphire HD2900 Pro 1gig
Storage 2x150 Gig Raptors
Display(s) 22" Samsung Widescreen
Case LianLi V2000
Audio Device(s) XFi Plantinum
Power Supply Mushkin XP 650Watt
Software Windows XP SP2
Hello, have been using atitool for quite some time now, have used multiple versions so i am fairly experienced with it....

I've had a couple versions installed on my X800pro VIVO that i flashed to an XTPE and have running @ 520/560 clock speeds for about a year now...the lastest being the 24 version, and it has been fine for weeks until all of a sudden last night i look and my temp had jumped to 64C...i opened up atitool to see my fan speed had dropped to 0 and i started freaking out that my ati silencer fan had puked on me, but when i set it to 100% fan all the time it worked...

Long story short i finally realized that the fan settings i had programed in for dynamic based on GPU temp were all set back to the factory settings??? so the fan wouldn't even turn on until it hit 70C...

I've had this version now for at least a couple weeks maybe longer and they didn't reset when i upgraded to the newer version? So I'm at a loss as to how they would have seemed to have reset on their own...AM I crazy or has anyone else seen this?