• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Bad_config_error

davidclue

Hello so I have been struggling with a blue screen error that just randomly popped up, just before it popped up I was on the sign in screen and it was giving me an error when I tried to sign in so I restarted my pc and now I am on a permanent bad_system_config_info bsod. I am using windows 10 and after hours of trying to find a fix I managed to get a windows 10 installation flash drive and boot from it to use the repair my pc option. I cannot use “bootrec /fixboot” as it gives me a “Access is denied.” Error and I have tried to use “bootsect/nt60 sys” and it gives me the error “The requested system device cannot be identified due to multiple indistinguishable devices potentially matching the identification criteria.” I have no idea what’s going on and why this is happening, I did not have any recent windows updates or drivers updates and never had similar issues before. This is what my volume list looks like, please help.
Update: I cannot start my pc now it says that the system failed to start multiple times and the OS needs to be fixed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 52
Last edited: