• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Calculate your overtake ratio

T

twilyth

If you go to your overtake stats on BOINCstats, copy and paste the entire page (minus the left hand column of course) into a spreadsheet - either on your computer or on Google docs.

Then, add the column in the first section that says how many days to overtake each WCG member listed.

then add the column in the second section that says how many days until you are overtaken.

Divide each one by 50.

Then divide the average number of days until you are overtaken by the average number of days until you over take.

Here is the bottom of the top half of my calculation (couldn't get the whole page). You can see my overtake stats here. Column C corresponds to the number of days to overtake or be overtaken.

It should only take you a few minutes.

Mine came out to about 8. I interpret that to mean that I am overtaking people about 8 times faster than I am being overtaken.

What do you think. Am I stoned or does that sound like it might be right?

BinaryMage

System Name Igne Mortis
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro LGA775
Memory 4GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 1066
Video Card(s) ASUS HD4850 TOP
Storage Seagate 500GB
Display(s) Dual 1280x1024
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Antec NeoPower 550
That seems to make sense. You can also just look at your RAC.

T

twilyth

That seems to make sense. You can also just look at your RAC.

True, and I do that if I have particular "targets" in mind. But I think this might be good for giving you an overall sense of how fast you're moving - either up or down. Obviously if the ratio is less than 1, you would be moving down.

BinaryMage

System Name Igne Mortis
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3P
Cooling Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro LGA775
Memory 4GB OCZ Platinum DDR2 1066
Video Card(s) ASUS HD4850 TOP
Storage Seagate 500GB
Display(s) Dual 1280x1024
Audio Device(s) Integrated
Power Supply Antec NeoPower 550
T

twilyth

Here are my new calculations. The message: as you move up in the rankings, you move much more slowly. Last time I had a ratio of 8 and now it's at 5.

The calculations are explained for google docs in the cell headers.

There is one error though, it should be h96/h51 NOT h51/h96. The calculation is correct but the header isn't

Last edited by a moderator: