• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Can't oc 9600

D

DoG

i have Sapphire 9600 non-pro 128mb (samsung) and I want to overclock it. but none of the softmod packages install. the big installation tells me I don't have correct hardware and the small one (driver only) terminates without any prompt...

D

DoG

Frozen said:
Use the unlock potion in ATItool 21.
I did this, but the clock always returns to the original state. In any OC tool.
Don't you know in which file resides the modification so I can check if it's the file from the softmod package?
I also have lot of troubles installing the softmode package. The only way I managed to install it was using manual Reinstall driver, pointing to its directory. Setup.exe will refuse to install it. But after I did it, not only overclocking is possible, but the system crashes whenever I run any of Setup.exes again!

D

DoG

I had to use DNA drivers and it works. This softmod is unstable and not working for me + the installation is pain :(

M

mpan3

I have the exact same card as you and yeah you need to use a modded driver to unlock the OC ability. ATITool .22 should have this support, havn't tried it though.