• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Case open alarm Mod. Abit KW7. How to?

darkbat

Hello.

I have a motherboard Abit KW7 with a "case open alarm". My Tower don't have this system integrated but i need it.
I want know how to create a homemade system. in case of turn of the computer and power supply is unplugged, the alarm will activate, and it play sound with a pc speaker. :confused:

I need any link, manual or another information.

If you don't stand my english i translate it to spanish. (Sorry) :(

Tengo una placabase Abit KW7 con sistema de alarma de apertura de torre. Mi torre no tiene este sistema integrado. Pero lo necesito.
Quiero saber como crear un sistema casero. En caso de que este apagada la torre y desenchufada la fuente de alimentacion, la alarma se active, y suene con el altavoz del pc. :confused:

Necesito algun enlace, manual u otra informacion.

Perdon por mi ingles. :(

Thanks. Gracias

System Name Onus
Processor E8500 @ 3.95ghz ~1.25v
Motherboard ASUS P5E Deluxe
Cooling Scythe Orochi cpu, 5x 120mm Zalman red LED case fans, stock GPU coolers
Memory 8gb (4x2gb) G.Skill PC8000 5-5-5-15
Video Card(s) 2x ASUS 3870x2s
Storage 4x160gb RAID 0 Main, 2x 500gb RAID 0 media storage.
Display(s) LG W2600H
Case Lian Li PC-A70B, painted black and other modded aspects :)
Audio Device(s) HT Omega Striker. Klipsch RF-3II fronts, Yamaha NS-A222 rears, Klipsch RC-3II center, Klipsch SUB12
Power Supply Corsair CMPSU-750TX
Software Windows 7 Ultimate x64, lots of games, photoshop n stuff.
All you really need to do is find a plug that will connect on the motherboard, and then find a switch that engages the circuit when not pushed down, and disengages it when pushed down. Then just whip out the soldering iron and wire put them all together and you've got your switch. As far as where to put it, I would drill a hole in the back of the case frame where the lip of the side panel overlaps. Mount the switch so the button extends through the hole enough to be disengaged when you put the side panel on. If that didn't help, theres always Google.