• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Erk! Artifacts in PS2.0 test

pablofrogo

With my 9800pro modded to XT (R360, XT PCB, Hynix 2.5) I get artifacts in the PS2 test of 3dmark 03, but not in any games or other tests. I have a Rev 1 Arctic cooler and they are definately core artifacts. The card is runing at stcok XT, but I get artifacts at stock pro too. I just put it down to the test being wierd, but is there any real reason for these artifacts?

M

mpan3

By artifact, do you mean little white dots flashing only NEAR THE EDGE of the elephant and the rhino? If so, then don't worry because I think that's a software bug rather than a OC problem. I have the same problem with my 9600 even at 50mh below stock speed.

pablofrogo

Thanks, yeah it seems to be, I get less with AA on and higher res.. guess it's nothing to worry about then :D

M

mpan3

NP, If 3DMakr03 PS2.0 test is the only place where you see artifacts, then you are fine. Nice rig by the way!

pablofrogo

Last edited:
M

mpan3

Hehe another "I am going 939". Are you going to get new RAMs? I thought A64 requires buffered/registered RAM, enlighten me.

pablofrogo

Nope, that's 940... No-one like that, except servers. 939 is the new AMD desktop standard, it should last a few years, although, I may get a 90nm AMD because of the added OC'ing potential. In fact, I will get a 90nm AMD because they will be out by the time I get a new CPU.

M

mpan3

So ONLY 940 requires buffered RAM? That's good to know. Thanx!