• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Eurocom x7 Screen Bios corupted after EVGA presicion kbust

Neodmium

Hi , i just post this here in order to prevent other users destroy their machines

Im an owner of eurocom x7 with clevo 375SM-A mobo , and gpu sli 880 m

You must know that sli is an extreamly faulty build up that fail to play the 80% of the games i tried without crashing (none game of ubisoft work properly). Nvidia stop suported it and the most new games dosnt support sli it need special mods or technicks in order to make them work . So just buy 1 simple card with the same performance istead buy sli

As i had disabled the sli i tried several methods to improve performance and to make assasins creed odysey stop crushing to desctop with no error . The best way i found was to disable the sli and put the phiscs proccesor to be done by the cpu not by the second gpu .

After make the game stable i tried to increase fps so i tried evga precision . Evga precision has bricked a lot of machines thats something i didnt know . I tried an option that its name is KBUST and i press ok . Thats it when i pressed ok the external monitor stoped working and the only working screen was the screen of the laptop , furthermore nvidia control panel give me an eror and wont open . It was like it recognize no gpu in the machine . I work several hours to fix this unistall and reinstall drivers , revert windows to previus version , nothing worked . The only solustion i found was that i had to put out the hdmi cord and restart the pc ,after windows log in i connect again the cord and everythin worked fine both panels was on and nvidia working fine . But if i restarted with the hdmi connected then the second panel couldnt work and also nvidia control panel couldnt open . I keep doing this temporary fix for some days .

Very strange isue right ?

When i decided to reenable sli it asked me for a restart , i press ok and i forgot to disconect the hdmi so when the restart made it never opened any panel !! This time not even the panel of the laptop . So i had a working pc with no ability to use a panel on it

I send it to my technician , he tried to reflash the proper mobo chipset bios but this didnt fix the black screen . After alot houres of research he found out that somehow this option of evga precision \kbust / corupted the bios of the EDID of monitor panel !!! Yes there is a chipset responsible for the panel and it is inside the panel . He managed to find the original EDID chipset bios for 375sma in notebookreview.com ,reflashed it and everything woked !!!

So watch out with evga precision kbust unless you have a good technician to manage to do all this and you also have 100 euro to fly in the air

sneekypeet

Retired Super Moderator
System Name EVA-01
Processor Intel i7 13700K
Motherboard Asus ROG Maximus Z690 HERO EVA Edition
Cooling ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 with Noctua Industrial Fans
Memory PAtriot Viper Elite RGB 96GB @ 6000MHz.
Video Card(s) Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 3090 24GB OC EVA Edition
Storage Addlink S95 M.2 PCIe GEN 4x4 2TB
Display(s) Asus ROG SWIFT OLED PG42UQ
Case Thermaltake Core P3 TG
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vegas
Power Supply be quiet DARK POWER PRO 12 1500W
Mouse ROG STRIX Impact Electro Punk
Keyboard ROG STRIX Scope TKL Electro Punk
Software Windows 11
If precision had an issue such as this, it would be corrupting EDIDs on monitors across the globe.

Cant say as I have ever heard of people trying to overclock laptop GPUs as it seems obvious they would overheat under any stress.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Contact eurocom for help, or attempt to start windows in safe mode or use system restore.