• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Gateway Owners, C51GU01 Motherboard

Kimble005

Hi all! I'm new here and have enjoyed how thorough you all are. Thanks for all the detailed info. I have the gateway GT5082 with the C51GU01-G1 motherboard. I have read all the previous posts about flashing the bios with the unlocked original gateway bios file. I was just checking to make sure that it would work for the G1 version of this motherboard as well. I read "
Yes the form factors are different. What will realy confuse you is that both of those mobo's and a version offered by ECS, Biostarr, and Gigabyte are all the same and all manufatured by the same company; FIC. The motherboards all have minute differences mostly in the BIOS. The C51GU01 and the C51GU01-G1, and the 6100K8MA series are so closeley identical that the BIOS files are interchangeable but not necessarily compatable. The biggest question being do you have the Foxconn C51GU01 or the C51GU01-G1."
I did not see anyone having this MB. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks Again.

instyne

I have a C51GU01 this is printed on the mobo. This board is dead it's not the BIOS or mem or PSU. I recieved an e-mail from johnlin@fica.com. He informed me that they do indeed make the KTBC51G mobo but they are under contract to Gateway and they cannot sell to an individual, he said to check for a grey market board. I won't even answer to tell him thats what I thought his company sold. In about a month I will have finally saved enough money to either buy or build a new system and TO HECK with Gateway.

Namslas90

A Foxconn 6100K8MA mobo is also the same but ATX - not BTX. (also manufactured by Fic...LOL). Most of the time the PSU blows and takes the mobo with it. However there was a bunch of C51Gu01 mobo's installed in gateways that were all from the same BAD lot. IF the gateway was still under warrantee, they would replace it for free. Not likly now.

:toast:

Namslas90

Hi all! I'm new here and have enjoyed how thorough you all are. Thanks for all the detailed info. I have the gateway GT5082 with the C51GU01-G1 motherboard. I have read all the previous posts about flashing the bios with the unlocked original gateway bios file. I was just checking to make sure that it would work for the G1 version of this motherboard as well. I read "
Yes the form factors are different. What will realy confuse you is that both of those mobo's and a version offered by ECS, Biostarr, and Gigabyte are all the same and all manufatured by the same company; FIC. The motherboards all have minute differences mostly in the BIOS. The C51GU01 and the C51GU01-G1, and the 6100K8MA series are so closeley identical that the BIOS files are interchangeable but not necessarily compatable. The biggest question being do you have the Foxconn C51GU01 or the C51GU01-G1."

I did not see anyone having this MB. Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks Again.

I have the -G1, mixed results with this version.....http://www.foxconnchannel.com/EN-US/...,6150K8MA-8KRS

Check this thread first. http://forums.techpowerup.com/showthread.php?t=40005&highlight=gateway
Look for the Bios Mod by Mr G.

Make sure you back up your BIOS first and flash it properly.

:toast:

GhostUnit

Hi I have a GT5032 i bought it 2 years ago. :X

And i wanna OC my processor! :) so ya i wanna unlock BIOS

is it possible to OC 2.6? 2.5ghz should be fine also like this guy i saw ^^ he has it 2.5ghz stable. :p

But i am newbie at this and i need someone to help me in MSN lol

to help me with this easily ;P reading all this confuse me :p

daddyyankeezz@hotmail.com is my email ^^ plz add me ty!

I have a 8800GT , thats y i ask first if is k to install this BIOS? :)
don't want my 8800gt not to work!

Cause i play HL2 games and i really need to OC not to hit 30-40 fps on a 10v10 less!! :(
i want 50-60 lowest atleast on 10v10.

Last edited:

Woody106

Similar Problem

Hello,
I'm new to TPU forums, and I'm not sure if anyone is keeping up with this thread, but it's the closest I could find to my problems. I have a Gateway GT5228. The bios is similarly locked. However, the motherboard is a FIC K2BC51 LF (I'm pretty sure although cpu-Z said it was K2BC51G/PV, and there was a sticker on the board that said K2BC51 LR).
Chipset: NVIDIA geForce 6100
Southbridge: nForce 410/430 MPC
Current revision of the bios is: NAG11GWA
I've checked the FIC website, and they don't appear to have any BIOS to download for this board. Does anyone know of anything that I could use as a substitute?
If I tried to use the one you guys had for the C51GU01 would that totally screw me?
Thanks in advance!

instyne

Use your browser and type in BIOSMAN. check out their website it will tell you what information they need to fix you up. This should help, have a nice day.

jrs.reign

Awesome, animated to apprehend it man. I fell in adulation with my PC back I flashed the BIOS to an apart version... Dropped the multi down to 10 and aloft the FSB to 250, bargain the mem timings a bit, but active so abundant bigger overall... I'm animated to accept anyone abroad verify that it in fact works too... I acquainted abhorrent if that added guy messed up his PC...

Last edited:

instyne

I had an e-mail alert on this post. That is the only reason I knew about this reply. I am glad that something I posted 1.25 yrs ago was able to help someone today. Thank You!

Last edited: