• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

HELP: Flashed BIOS Problem with x800 gto

veilz

Hello,

I tried to unlock my Sapphire X800 GTO 256MB AGP card using the Flashing utility provided by Dolf (search for that massive unlocked X800 unlock GTO thread).

However, once flashed, I restarted my computer but the graphics are all blurred and messed up on my screen (illegible). I restarted and tried to run the Flash utility again (it was made into a bootable CD) to reverse it however, every screen is completely messed up.

How can i reverse the flashed bios? I am sort of noob when it comes to flashing bios (three words u never want to put together 1-Noob 2-Flashing 3-Bios) =(

Any help appreciated--- thank goodness for my laptop! =)

System Name Sample light
Processor AMD Phenom II 965
Motherboard MSI DKA790GX
Cooling Zalman 9500LED
Memory 2x 2GB G-skill PC8500
Video Card(s) Asus built AMD/ATI HD4850
Storage 500GB Wesern Digital green
Display(s) too ashamed to tell, but its an acer
Case Lian Li V2000
Audio Device(s) Echo Audiofire 2
Power Supply Corsair VX550
Software Windows XP pro SP3
thats why when i do these kind of experiments, i make batch files, so i just have to press 1 to mod flash and 2 to unmod flash,

basicly, go to the ati bios database on this same website, find your card´s bios and put it on a floopy which you´ve previously formated with system on it, format /s for those of you who dont remember, or just check the put system files on floopy box,

you put the videocard bios and the flash utility on the bootable floopy
now, bootable floopy + flashing utility + bios

you create a file called autoexec.bat,
with only one line, the exact command you need to flash the card with the bios,

insert floopy, boot from floopy, await results,

next time make a floopy with both bios´s on it, the modded one and the original one,
two batch files, 1.bat and 2.bat,
the first with the command to flash the modded bios,
the 2nd with the command to flash the original bios,

that way, all you need to do to restore the vga bios, is press 2 and enter,

btw, for future referance or if you ever try this again on the same card,
the reason all the graphics are distorted is that the extra pipelines you tried to unblock were damaged, which is probobly the reason why that chip ended on a GTO insted of a XL or XT.

and dont use the word noob, everytime i see it, i feel like smacking whoever used it,

Last edited: