• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help flashing Stock Bios for the correct memory manufacturer

Processor Ryzen 5 2600
Motherboard MSI B450 Tomahawk
Memory G-SKILL DDR4 RIPJAWS 3200Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 580 8GB Nitro+
Storage Samsung 860 EVO 250GB
Case NZXT H500
Power Supply Seasonic M2II 520W
OK I found it. I thought hfb were initials.. I will watch you video and read the guides and start flashing over the sustom bios tomorrow. I will inform you how it went.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
OK I found it. I thought hfb were initials.. I will watch you video and read the guides and start flashing over the sustom bios tomorrow. I will inform you how it went.

Well with all the coding compared to the bios you have on the card it should be right I pray that it works for you and thank you for stating that you'll come back

Processor Ryzen 5 2600
Case NZXT H500
Well I have a problem. I type the command atiflash -i and I get back adapter not found.

Have you figured out which BIOS is the stock and which one is the modded by flippinf the switch and restarting? You should probably manually confirm before flashing anything.

I didn't notice that I was following your guide(linked in eidairaman1'signature). Do you have any clue why I might be getting "adapter not found" when I execute the atiflash - i command?

Attachments

• IMG_20180930_130818.jpg
    IMG_20180930_130818.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 223

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Well I have a problem. I type the command atiflash -i and I get back adapter not found.

I didn't notice that I was following your guide(linked in eidairaman1'signature). Do you have any clue why I might be getting "adapter not found" when I execute the atiflash - i command?

Ok instead of doing it via this method do it this way.

Get this tool. If you have antivirus/spyware/malware tools running turn them off and use the tool below with file you downloaded.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ati-atiflash/

By the way do you have a spare gpu laying around?

Processor Ryzen 5 2600
Case NZXT H500
Ok instead of doing it via this method do it this way.

Get this tool. If you have antivirus/spyware/malware tools running turn them off and use the tool below with file you downloaded.

https://www.techpowerup.com/download/ati-atiflash/

By the way do you have a spare gpu laying around?

Allright I will try it via windows. Unfortunately not, this is my only gpu. To make matters worst my r5 2600 doesn't have on board graphics. But even if I mess up the flash I can just flip the bios switch, right?

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Allright I will try it via windows. Unfortunately not, this is my only gpu. To make matters worst my r5 2600 doesn't have on board graphics. But even if I mess up the flash I can just flip the bios switch, right?

Yes, in event of failure it should work, but you should reboot after flipping switch to backup bios. After booted flip to the borked bios and put your original back on.

Your card is 1 of 2 bios files on the database , aka file links i provided earlier

Processor Ryzen 5 2600
Case NZXT H500
Yes, in event of failure it should work, but you should reboot after flipping switch to backup bios. After booted flip to the borked bios and put your original back on.

Your card is 1 of 2 bios files on the database , aka file links i provided earlier

i recon the other bios in the database is the "power saving one". the bios i am flashing now loooks the same as the bios i have in the second position of the switch...might not be a bios thing after all.going through with the flash now.

I just flashed the bios you provided over the old custom one. the flash went well. suprisingly easy and fast. i checked gpu-z it is indead updated. I guess now i will have to wait and observe to see if things work out well. the drives should be fine right?

Last edited:

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
i recon the other bios in the database is the "power saving one". the bios i am flashing now loooks the same as the bios i have in the second position of the switch...might not be a bios thing after all.going through with the flash now.

I just flashed the bios you provided over the old custom one. the flash went well. suprisingly easy and fast. i checked gpu-z it is indead updated. I guess now i will have to wait and observe to see if things work out well. the drives should be fine right?

Drives?

I presume you mean drivers?

Go ahead make sure your chipset and gpu drivers are up to date.

Processor Ryzen 5 2600
Case NZXT H500
Drives?

I presume you mean drivers?

Go ahead make sure your chipset and gpu drivers are up to date.

well i am running Adrenalin 18.5.1 witch is what amd radeon settings consider up to date, even though on techpower up lates stable version is 18.7.1.for the beta 18.9.1 i am not going to even try sience last time i installed it i needed to run ddu and roll back. anyhow i will be testing the system for the next days-week. initial inpresions are good(but i would like to keep my mouth shut sience if the artifacts come back i will have abigger problem than a unstable vbios).I will make sure to update teh thread no mater the outcome, might help somebody else.
And of course i am really greatfull to you eidairaman1, you really helped me the past 3 days.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
well i am running Adrenalin 18.5.1 witch is what amd radeon settings consider up to date, even though on techpower up lates stable version is 18.7.1.for the beta 18.9.1 i am not going to even try sience last time i installed it i needed to run ddu and roll back. anyhow i will be testing the system for the next days-week. initial inpresions are good(but i would like to keep my mouth shut sience if the artifacts come back i will have abigger problem than a unstable vbios).I will make sure to update teh thread no mater the outcome, might help somebody else.
And of course i am really greatfull to you eidairaman1, you really helped me the past 3 days.
Now just bear in mind that your car is not running at stock timings and clocks from the factory and this one thing mining settings are good for mining but gaming settings only good for gaming mining settings are not good for gaming and gaming settings are not good for mining.

I will tell you right now just use the whql drivers.

Processor Ryzen 5 2600
Case NZXT H500
Now just bear in mind that your car is not running at stock timings and clocks from the factory and this one thing mining settings are good for mining but gaming settings only good for gaming mining settings are not good for gaming and gaming settings are not good for mining.

I will tell you right now just use the whql drivers.

What do you mean it's not running at factory timings? Dint the bios I flashed made the c
Memeory run at stock timings again? The thing is that I never had problems with the card-counting mater the bios- while gaming. The only time is shaw problems was in YouTube and video playback programs like vlc. This is why I find it peculiar and I don't actually think that the more is bad on my card.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
What do you mean it's not running at factory timings? Dint the bios I flashed made the c
Memeory run at stock timings again? The thing is that I never had problems with the card-counting mater the bios- while gaming. The only time is shaw problems was in YouTube and video playback programs like vlc. This is why I find it peculiar and I don't actually think that the more is bad on my card.

Okay it was a typo your card is running at factory specification so disregard last message

Processor Ryzen 5 2600
Case NZXT H500
UPDATE.

After running the card for 2 months i have some notes to make. After the flash of the stock bios the card run like a charm, no weird artifacts in google chrome anymore. One day after reaching power limit in a game i was tempted to raise the power limit vie msi afterburner. After i did that the artifacts in google chrome reappeared(no weird behavior anywhere else). i chouldnt find a way to make them stop for a week, ofcourse i imidiatly turned down then power limit. I started thinking that this probably was a softwear issue all along and propabl had to do with google chrome miss behaving with AMD drivers (i still run the drivers i had 2 months ago when i first got the card 18.5.1).One day a windows update pop up came along about a driver not being installed properly, it wasnt a GPU driver but a security devise driver called AMD PSP 3.0 Device. After installing the driver and restarting the pc the chrome artifacts stopped. I am aware that this is just a CPU security cryptographic thingy and icant explain how they might be related, I am just documenting what i observed. None the less i ve been running fine for the past month, although i am scared off messing with oc and driver updates in case the problem come back.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
UPDATE.

After running the card for 2 months i have some notes to make. After the flash of the stock bios the card run like a charm, no weird artifacts in google chrome anymore. One day after reaching power limit in a game i was tempted to raise the power limit vie msi afterburner. After i did that the artifacts in google chrome reappeared(no weird behavior anywhere else). i chouldnt find a way to make them stop for a week, ofcourse i imidiatly turned down then power limit. I started thinking that this probably was a softwear issue all along and propabl had to do with google chrome miss behaving with AMD drivers (i still run the drivers i had 2 months ago when i first got the card 18.5.1).One day a windows update pop up came along about a driver not being installed properly, it wasnt a GPU driver but a security devise driver called AMD PSP 3.0 Device. After installing the driver and restarting the pc the chrome artifacts stopped. I am aware that this is just a CPU security cryptographic thingy and icant explain how they might be related, I am just documenting what i observed. None the less i ve been running fine for the past month, although i am scared off messing with oc and driver updates in case the problem come back.

Yeah the best policy for you would be to leave the card alone