• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

toenzchiey

im new to the pc world.. im having problem with my video card(i think) coz all games are hanging whenever i play them...and my system reboots.. im using gecube 9250 128mb card... i decided to use the latest ati 6.5 catalyst... it still hangs and then resets my desktop top resolution(1024x768) to 800x600 and my game continues but after a while it will hang and reboot again.. but when i borrowed my friends video card(ati 9200se 64mb) all my games worked smoothly..

my system:
intel P4 2.6
512RAM
120G HD
LG DVD combo rom

here are my pc games:
nba live 06
tony hawk pro skater 4
tony hawk underground 2
call of duty 1&2
need for speed underground 2
swat 4
hitman 2 contracts

what should i do?:( :( :confused: :confused:
i hope you will help me guys! thanks!

RaidPro

Hmm...Maybe it is demaged on 3d or something happend with your cooling and the card is overheat thats why restarts the computer. Try it and if overheat then change your cooling.
If isn t overheat change the card. J can sugiest very good and chip card for you but first check it.

toenzchiey

i forgot to add.. i also installed some of my pc games and tried my video card to my friends system.. it worked so fine.. as if nothing happens.. i mean, as if we didnt exchange our video cards..

Processor AMD 5800x
Motherboard ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
Cooling Custom Water Loop
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z neo
Video Card(s) Sapphire Vega 64
Storage Sabrent Rocket 4 NVMEs / SSDs
Display(s) 27" AOC AG271QX
Case Phanteks Enthoo Evolve
Audio Device(s) SoundBlaster AE-7
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 750
Software Windows 10
Status