• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Help x800pro 16p mod

whc.demo

I have a sapphire x800pro vivo and i have read that it is possible to unlock 4 extra pipes..
i have checked if the F's are in the correct position and all is well in ati tool

however i am new to this sort of thing and am unsure of how to go about it. :ohwell:

i have read this through this

http://www.techpowerup.com/articles/overclocking/vidcard/100

i have downloaded the iso image at the bottom of that page as i want to keep the stock x800pro speeds just with the extra 4 pipelines unlocked. im unsure if my card will run at xt/pe speeds..

as i am completely new i have a couple of dumb questions..

it tells me on that page to make a back up of my current bios for obvious reasons, but i dont know how to so if anyone could help with that thanks

secondly do i need to burn that iso image to disk, reboot with the disk in then it will just prompt me from there? or is it possible just to mount it in say deamon tools and run it??

is that all there is too it??

and i have also heard a rumor that the x800pro 16p bios doesnt work on sapphire cards, is this true ?? meaning i can only go for the xt/pe bios??