• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How can I test rx580 for integrity before selling?

My landlord fancys himself something of a crypto-bro and has several RX580s and other cards collecting dust. When the power company delivered a shutdown notice I suggested listing these and some other items to defray costs. None of whatever outstanding balances exist are related to me nor mining sadly or we could pay bill. Instead homeboy insists on having multiple large refridgerators . compressors, PCs not mining but stil running and leaves lights on 24/7. I listed one card and the guy who bought it told me these are super convenient for Hackintosh builds. I have gotten more inquiries but everyone is understandably cautious about cheap knockoffs or relabeled mining units or botched bios etc.

I sell a lot of stuff on CL and while my word is good when I say there is almost no chance this was ever mined with due to physical evidence of incomplete setups it would be easier to just test and show than deal with the hassle and haggle for every sale. If people are hard to deal with on CList I just don't. Also, now I want to do maths on the possibility of actually mining with these cards. Crypbro and me go way back and theres no chance he could setup a PC alone much less mining. He had someone start it but he has a trust fund so I am sure he has lost more money on bad bitcoin hussles than I want to imagine. But seeing as how we need to keep lights on I should consider finishing a mining setup, maybe build myself a hackintosh or at least get the premium (reasonable) market price for a great card.

I have three 8gb and 1 4gb and there could be more too. I installed one that was brand new but a couple had light so was installed but never ran much. My confidence these are new cards is hight but what should I use to show customers? I admit I may hustle to buy or keep these cards if price is crrashing for gpus but finding a legit new RX580 is going to get harder thanks to aliexpress flooding market.

Please advise:

How can I verify RX580 integrity?

What is fair (but not gougy) price for 8GB? 4GB?

Is it a better investment in time to mine these now instead?

How is your hackintosh?

Danke.

System Name DLSS / YOLO-PC
Processor i5-12400F / 10600KF
Motherboard Gigabyte B760M DS3H / Z490 Vision D
Cooling Laminar RM1 / Gammaxx 400
Memory 32 GB DDR4-3200 / 16 GB DDR4-3333
Video Card(s) RX 6700 XT / RX 480 8 GB
Storage A couple SSDs, m.2 NVMe included / 240 GB CX1 + 1 TB WD HDD
Display(s) Compit HA2704 / Viewsonic VX3276-MHD-2
Case Matrexx 55 / Junkyard special
Audio Device(s) Want loud, use headphones. Want quiet, use satellites.
Power Supply Thermaltake 1000 W / FSP Epsilon 700 W / Corsair CX650M [backup]
Mouse Don't disturb, cheese eating in progress...
Keyboard Makes some noise. Probably onto something.
VR HMD I live in real reality and don't need a virtual one.
Software Windows 10 and 11
0. It's probably impossible to prove these cards haven't been used for mining using the hash data or whatever. Most algos run GPUs anonymously so you get no info whatsoever. "Some RX 500 series GPU" at best.
1. Learn on the actual make and search for video reviews of these cards in order to show your hypothetical buyers your cards sport original parts and nothihg has been replaced whatsoever. Of course the pickiest and the most paranoid ones will blame you for masking and fraud but c'mon, you don't need to explain yourself to such kinda people.
2. Mining on them is completely dead for about a year. Don't even bother yourself.
3. Hackintoshing with such cards is really a miraculous experience. Everything works like charm.
4. I got no idea how it goes on your market but in Russia and Ukraine, it's hard to sell these cards for >50/40 Euro (8/4 GB respectively) if the card is obviously used and for >70/60 Euro if the card is looking very fresh and you can prove your "innocence." Start with 70 Euro and state the price is debatable. Would be fair enough.
5. Sie sind herzlich willkommen.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Hit them with a hammer, that's how you test them

Skip the 580s and buy a Brand New 5600XT