• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

How To Enhance The Audio Output Sound Quality On My Lenovo T430 Laptop

davy49

On my older lenovo thinkpad laptop I'm really interested in improving the sound output quality, currently there's a really old version dolby digital plus installed and I'm interested in trying something better to enhance my audio. I'm including my lenovo model # as well as which type my laptop is, I'm currently running the following microsoft operating system: Windows 11 Pro Insider Preview, Version 22H2, O.S. Build 23451.1000 , can you possibly please give me some suggestions as to what I can try on my laptop ? Thanks in advance for any and all help that you might provide to me.
David

My Laptop Information For Your Reference: T430 Laptop (ThinkPad) - Type 2349​

System Name Never trust a socket with less than 2000 pins
Do you use the analog out?

What specifically bothers you about your current sound quality?

davy49

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply, as determined by todays current standards of technology my laptop is an older model. Hence I'm basically forced to utilize the headphone audio output jack that I have a audio cable that's connected to my logitech computer speaker system that has an amplifier along with two speakers connected to it. I know from past experience that there are several methods available to enhance the overall sound quality of the sound output on virtually most every type of windows computer. Currently on my laptop in the control panel area it shows a realtek hd audio manager as well as dolby digital plus advanced audio, with the dolby at least it has some form of a equalizer of sorts, previously I think as far as the realtek hd audio manager is concerned I have seen that option previously did contain an equalizer but on my laptop it doesn't. Maybe I'm just expecting to much out of my lenovo T430 thinkpad laptop, and of course as I'm currently running ms windows 11 pro / 64-bit version which my laptop isn't 'supposed' to be able to run I guess I just need to be satisfied.
David

Screenshot (12).png

If you need to find the Realtek version you have, use 'System Information'. If you dont want to play with drivers, there is always Boom3D (features).

Attachments

• System Information.png
    System Information.png
    173.2 KB · Views: 45

davy49

First of all I'm so very grateful to be receiving assistance with my current issue, per your most recent reply I'm enclosing a screenshot of the page in system information that you shared in a screenshot. By the way, I did in fact go to the Boom 3D webpage and quickly discovered that you are forced to pay for the software, as I'm on a rather fixed type of monthly budget I need to watch what I spend my funds for.
Screenshot (13).png

davy49

Not trying to sound stupid or anything of that nature, can you PLEASE explain what the links you included are for and if possible how to utilize them properly ?
Thanks,
David

OEM Realtek driver packages, such as Lenovo, else you would normally get them from the motherboard/laptop site. Sometimes the OEM will not update their download list if its an older product.
Based on your screenshot, the driver you are using is a 2023 release, but at the same time the version looks older (6.0.1.7614). It's most likely because you normally have Dolby.

In your case you probably wont find much to download for your Thinkpad, because a generic Realtek driver wont have Dolby specifically (but will work).

----

Edit: Also. if your currently using a UAD driver (which you probably wont know), the Realtek app is downloaded from Windows store, the older panel wont work.

Last edited:

davy49

OEM Realtek driver packages, such as Lenovo, else you would normally get them from the motherboard/laptop site. Sometimes the OEM will not update their download list if its an older product.
Based on your screenshot, the driver you are using is a 2023 release, but at the same time the version looks older (6.0.1.7614). It's most likely because you normally have Dolby.

In your case you probably wont find much to download for your Thinkpad, because a generic Realtek driver wont have Dolby specifically (but will work).

----

Edit: Also. if your currently using a UAD driver (which you probably wont know), the Realtek app is downloaded from Windows store, the older panel wont work.
Thanks again for your additional replies concerning my current issue, the more I think about it it's looking as if I'll just need to be satisfied with my sound quality. I do in fact realize there are various modified audio software files contained here in the forums but I surely don't want to create any additional audio issues with my laptop. In the past and on a different computer I've used this audio enhancing software: https://www.fxsound.com/

Last edited: