• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

how to get rid of program from windows xp?

7Case

Hi I have windows xp on a pc , I am trying to install rise of legends, but it is saying '' remove R. Of Legends demo'' we have been into add remove programs screen and removed but it has left the title on the page and I cant get rid of that although its showing no Kbs in program size column
What do I do next? I have searched for any files and nothing found

Processor Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell Quad-Core 3.6GHz LGA 1150 84W
Motherboard GIGABYTE GA-H87-D3H LGA 1150 Intel H87 HDMI
Cooling CPU - Cooler Master Hyper T4 / Case - cooler master 120mm rear case fan (Air cooling)
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800)
Video Card(s) GTX1060 6GB
Storage Samsung 512 GB 840 PRO SSD Main Drive and Samsung 512 GB 840 EVO SSD Backup Drive
Display(s) ASUS 23" LED Monitor
Case COOLER MASTER Centurion 5 (silver & black)
Audio Device(s) (onboard audio) Realtek ALC892
Power Supply CORSAIR SU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V
Software Windows 10 Home Premium 64bit Edition
check your documents files and delete anything there for it. (save folders for games often go there)

open up "c'drive/programs" and manually delete the game folder there, it may be under game company name.

now go add/remove programs and it should say something about files not found and do you want to delete it from list. lastly use a reg cleaner to clean out any windows prefetch files for game.

the prefetch files are often where they put in dated dissable files to stop demos from working forever