• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

how to monitor cpu clock speeds while in game

System Name R5 3600
Processor R5 3600
Motherboard b450 mortar max
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx L240 Aio
Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200MHz cl16
Video Card(s) RX 6600 XT 8GB MECHx2 OCV1
Storage C drive samsung 980 evo m.2 storage drive Crucial_CT275MX300SSD1 500gig Samsung SSD 860 QVO 1TB
Display(s) aoc 27g2
Case SilverStone FARA R1
Audio Device(s) sony ear buds
Power Supply SilverStone ET550-B 550W 80+ Bronze Essential
Mouse razer basilisk x hyperspeed
Keyboard Logitech G PRO X Mechanical Gaming Keyboard
Software windows 10 enterprise
hi people this is my build
b450 mortar max motherboard
r5 1600 af
Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3000MHz cl15
Corsair CV Series CV450 - 450W 80 Plus Bronze Certified PSU
Geforce GTX 1660 Super

how to see my fluctuating clock speeds of my cpu while in game

when i use msi afterburner and river turner statistics server to display my clock speeds it only shows the max set clock speed not the current fluctuating clock speeds

when using hwinfo64 it shows my core effective clock and none of them are hitting the max clock speed when in games but im being cpu battlenecked. so i wanted a way to monitor the fluctuating clock speeds while i play to see if hwinfo64 is not showing the correct info or something

i took a screen shot of the clock speeds im getting with hwinfo64 in game when im seeing a cpu battleneck or what i think is one does that look wrong shouldn't i at least see one core hitting 4.2.

when i run benchmarks all cores hit 4.2

the only few things i can think is that the cpu OC isnt being used in game hints why only one core is hitting 3.5 but even then it should hit 3.7 under normal none oc boost or im not giving the cpu enough power im setting it to a manual override of 1.25v or the games i play just dont utilize the system correctly or i have some setting in windows messing with my shit or loadline being on auto but i was asking about that recently and people said my vdrop is fine

the games im seeing issues with are gta5, 7 days to die, far cry 5 + new down and rage 2

things i have already tried
setting everything back to stock setting including gpu oc
used ddu to uninstall NVIDIA drivers also uninstalled chipset drivers
downloaded the latest drivers of both and installed
updated windows and NVIDIA drivers and set NVIDIA control panel back to default
did a malware scan and virus scan
checked to see if all the games are updated
set my power management plan to ultimate preference
looked in task manager to see if something is using cpu in the background
checked temps the computer is not overheating. i have a 240mm aio and active cooling on the vrm and ram and the case has good air flow

then i loaded up my games but still i don't see more then 1 core getting almost maxed out

with in my bios i have precision boost overdrive set on auto and c state control on auto id imagine id leave them that way considering i see no change then turning them off im guessing a manual oc bypasses them two setting. is there a setting i should be changing

when i play my games i aim for about 80fps with high to max setting and i use 1440p when possible to reduce cpu usage and make the gpu work harder so im even more confused to whats going on.

ive been playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare,dooms,f1 2018 and some of the need for speed games and i see not even a hitch with them games 80-100+fps 1440p

i know the r5 1600 af is a shitty cpu and gives lower fps then other cpus but i dont think it should be limiting my gpu to 80% at times when i use high settings and restitution. id expect to see 100% gpu usage and fps drops

Attachments

• ice_screenshot_20200925-162049.png
    ice_screenshot_20200925-162049.png
    112.4 KB · Views: 299