• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I lost the bios for sapphire nitro+ rx 470 OC 4gb hynix memory

Hi, so my card have a bios switch, which is silent mode and oc mode. So i flash the bios on oc mode, and i didn't back up the original bios for the oc mode. Does all the same card as me have the same bios? If so, where can i download the original bios for the oc mode? Because i messed up with memory timing on oc mode. But now i can still run the card on silent mode.
images (17).jpg

System Name Good enough
Processor AMD Ryzen R9 7900 - Alphacool Eisblock XPX Aurora Edge
Motherboard ASRock B650 Pro RS
Cooling 2x 360mm NexXxoS ST30 X-Flow, 1x 360mm NexXxoS ST30, 1x 240mm NexXxoS ST30
Memory 32GB - FURY Beast RGB 5600 Mhz
Video Card(s) Sapphire RX 7900 XT - Alphacool Eisblock Aurora
Storage 1x Kingston KC3000 1TB 1x Kingston A2000 1TB, 1x Samsung 850 EVO 250GB , 1x Samsung 860 EVO 500GB
Display(s) LG UltraGear 32GN650-B + 4K Samsung TV
Case Phanteks NV7
Power Supply GPS-750C
I would just ask Sapphire directly.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
Last edited:
Get the sku and exact model number of the card along with the gpu and ram clock speeds, go to this page

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/

Then try this:

https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios...X+470&interface=&memType=&memSize=4096&since=

sorry for late reply, so this happened. i downloaded 1 bios from there. i think i downloaded the right bios for the right memory and everything (spoiler: i was wrong i guess). so i made a huge mistake, i forgot to switch the switch in order to flash my OC bios, and i ended up bricking my silent mode bios too. and my card totally bricked. I've tried everything to re-flash my bios with my silent bios backup. and nothing work, so i bring it to my near computer repair shop. and they removing the bios chip and manually re-flash the bios (using bios programmer machine i guess that's what its called). and thank god my silent mode is working again. and now im scared to trying to fix my OC bios. i guess ill just leave it as it is, and i dont really mind losing some core clock. but thank you for your answer

Processor AMD Ryzen 7 5700G
Motherboard Gigabyte B450M-S2H
Cooling Scythe Kotetsu Mark II
Memory 2 x 16GB SK Hynix OEM DDR4-3200 @ 3666 18-20-18-36
Video Card(s) Colorful RTX 2060 SUPER 8GB
Storage 250GB WD BLACK SN750 M.2 + 4TB WD Red Plus + 4TB WD Purple
Display(s) AOpen 27HC5R 27" 1080p 165Hz
Case COUGAR MX440 Mesh RGB
Audio Device(s) Creative X-Fi Titanium HD + Kurtzweil KS-40A bookshelf
Power Supply Corsair CX750M
Mouse Razer Deathadder Essential
Keyboard Cougar Attack2 Cherry MX Black
Software Windows 10 Pro 22H1 x64
Looks like what eidairaman1 put in his signature, with bold text and red color is true. There is at least a couple of thread requesting vBIOS every week. Even with switchable dual BIOS people still messed this up. No offense to you Nasguul, just from my observation. I glad you managed to recover your card or it will be an expensive mistake.

eidairaman1

The Exiled Airman
System Name PCGOD
Processor AMD FX 8350@ 5.0GHz
Motherboard Asus TUF 990FX Sabertooth R2 2901 Bios
Cooling Scythe Ashura, 2×BitFenix 230mm Spectre Pro LED (Blue,Green), 2x BitFenix 140mm Spectre Pro LED
Memory 16 GB Gskill Ripjaws X 2133 (2400 OC, 10-10-12-20-20, 1T, 1.65V)
Video Card(s) AMD Radeon 290 Sapphire Vapor-X
Storage Samsung 840 Pro 256GB, WD Velociraptor 1TB
Display(s) NEC Multisync LCD 1700V (Display Port Adapter)
Case AeroCool Xpredator Evil Blue Edition
Audio Device(s) Creative Labs Sound Blaster ZxR
Power Supply Seasonic 1250 XM2 Series (XP3)
Mouse Roccat Kone XTD
Keyboard Roccat Ryos MK Pro
Software Windows 7 Pro 64
sorry for late reply, so this happened. i downloaded 1 bios from there. i think i downloaded the right bios for the right memory and everything (spoiler: i was wrong i guess). so i made a huge mistake, i forgot to switch the switch in order to flash my OC bios, and i ended up bricking my silent mode bios too. and my card totally bricked. I've tried everything to re-flash my bios with my silent bios backup. and nothing work, so i bring it to my near computer repair shop. and they removing the bios chip and manually re-flash the bios (using bios programmer machine i guess that's what its called). and thank god my silent mode is working again. and now im scared to trying to fix my OC bios. i guess ill just leave it as it is, and i dont really mind losing some core clock. but thank you for your answer
Looks like what eidairaman1 put in his signature, with bold text and red color is true. There is at least a couple of thread requesting vBIOS every week. Even with switchable dual BIOS people still messed this up. No offense to you Nasguul, just from my observation. I glad you managed to recover your card or it will be an expensive mistake.

I'm glad that it is working again, however use this link for proper bios reprogramming.

https://www.techpowerup.com/forums/threads/mining-bios-repository.237382/

If you have further questions please ask
@infrared
@cdawall, @silentbogo, @Solaris17, @MrGenius

My particular card I have uefi and csm bios, I wont flash my CSM bios, only uefi for this reason.

@Apocalypsee Apyes you are right, I wrote that out because there are too many that come here saying "HALP I BRICKED MY CARD" and get tired of repeating the same thing over and over.