• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

I managed to fix the random black screen / PC crashes.

System Name BloodRage
Processor R5 2600X PBO enabled
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite
Cooling Arctic Esports Duo
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000
Video Card(s) MSI VENTUS OC 2060 Super
Storage 120GB PNY SATA + 1TB WD Blue M.2
Display(s) Samsung CRG5 144hz QD
Case CiT cheap chassis
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy FX
Power Supply Superflower Leadex III Gold 650w
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Red Dragon Kumara
Software Win 10
The problem with this issue is that Windows never creates a dump file because it is not a BSOD.

The issue anyway is Windows power plan, i need to set mine to high performance mode to stop the computer from doing this annoying crash. Oddly i always thought it was the 5700-XT, i am gladly able to tell you it is not the case.

My CPU is running stock with no PBO enabled and would still crash, RAM at 2133 rather than 3000 still never fixed it either.

This issue is either specific to the motherboard bios (latest) or this version of Windows (1909) or a mix thereof..

The issue also predominantly always happened when the PC was at idle, never at load.

Annoying i have to run it on high performance preset plan, however, it is a small price to pay for full stability.

Processor Ryzen 1600AF @4.2Ghz 1.35v
Motherboard MSI B450M PRO-A-MAX
Cooling Deepcool Gammaxx L120t
Memory 16GB Team Group Dark Pro Sammy-B-die 3400mhz 14.15.14.30-1.4v
Video Card(s) XFX RX 5600 XT THICC II PRO
Storage 240GB Brave eagle SSD/ 2TB Seagate Barracuda
Display(s) Dell SE2719HR
Case MSI Mag Vampiric 011C AMD Ryzen Edition
Power Supply EVGA 600W 80+
Software Windows 10 Pro
The problem with this issue is that Windows never creates a dump file because it is not a BSOD.

The issue anyway is Windows power plan, i need to set mine to high performance mode to stop the computer from doing this annoying crash. Oddly i always thought it was the 5700-XT, i am gladly able to tell you it is not the case.

My CPU is running stock with no PBO enabled and would still crash, RAM at 2133 rather than 3000 still never fixed it either.

This issue is either specific to the motherboard bios (latest) or this version of Windows (1909) or a mix thereof..

The issue also predominantly always happened when the PC was at idle, never at load.

Annoying i have to run it on high performance preset plan, however, it is a small price to pay for full stability.
Have you a thread about the issues you were having as it may be more pertinenet to post/update that with this info? have you tried Ryzen's balanced power plan? (although I'm sure that doesn't have the same benefit since a few windows updates a while ago)

I personally have my power plan set to max performance as I have a 1600AF that is manually overclocked unlike Ryzen 3000 series which are optimal left at auto settings most of the time, though if you're sure that is the culprit then I'm glad it wasn't anything hardware related or more serious even though they might have been easier to troubleshoot..

And now you can have your RAM's at 3000 with PBO enabled etc and no more issues since changing Windows power plan?

System Name BloodRage
Processor R5 2600X PBO enabled
Motherboard Gigabyte Aorus B450 Elite
Cooling Arctic Esports Duo
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance 3000
Video Card(s) MSI VENTUS OC 2060 Super
Storage 120GB PNY SATA + 1TB WD Blue M.2
Display(s) Samsung CRG5 144hz QD
Case CiT cheap chassis
Audio Device(s) Creative Audigy FX
Power Supply Superflower Leadex III Gold 650w
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Red Dragon Kumara
Software Win 10
Have you a thread about the issues you were having as it may be more pertinenet to post/update that with this info? have you tried Ryzen's balanced power plan? (although I'm sure that doesn't have the same benefit since a few windows updates a while ago)

I personally have my power plan set to max performance as I have a 1600AF that is manually overclocked unlike Ryzen 3000 series which are optimal left at auto settings most of the time, though if you're sure that is the culprit then I'm glad it wasn't anything hardware related or more serious even though they might have been easier to troubleshoot..

And now you can have your RAM's at 3000 with PBO enabled etc and no more issues since changing Windows power plan?
Yes set to rated speeds, the RAM is just fine, i have not bothered enabling PBO again because the CPU ramps to the same frequencies with it disabled anyway.