• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Is Coollaboratory Liquid Pro or Thermal Grizzly Conductonaut better for delidding CPU?

System Name Pioneer
Processor Ryzen R9 7950X
Motherboard GIGABYTE Aorus Elite X670 AX
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 + A whole lotta Sunon and Corsair Maglev blower fans...
Memory 64GB (4x 16GB) G.Skill Flare X5 @ DDR5-6000 CL30
Video Card(s) XFX RX 7900 XTX Speedster Merc 310
Storage 2x Crucial P5 Plus 2TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSDs
Display(s) 55" LG 55" B9 OLED 4K Display
Case Thermaltake Core X31
Audio Device(s) TOSLINK->Schiit Modi MB->Asgard 2 DAC Amp->AKG Pro K712 Headphones or HDMI->B9 OLED
Power Supply FSP Hydro Ti Pro 850W
Mouse Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless
Keyboard WASD Code v3 with Cherry Green keyswitches + PBT DS keycaps
Software Gentoo Linux x64 / Windows 11
I tested LM on real silver. This experiment was to simulate a IHS & pave the way to custom real silver IHS. The result is not conclusive yet, but early testing has shown real silver response better at hot temperature compare to a standard AMD IHS.

There's not a lot in it, around 2C (with max voltage/overclock). It did allow the CPU not to error out when overclocked when compared to the standard copper IHS. The only thing I do not understand at idle, the silver shim idle was higher around 2-3c. I need to figure out what's happening & do more testing. Flaws were detected in both test's & I did my best to correct them. These's flaws maybe present on some user(s) set-up who have delidded & removed "all of the glue" on both IHS & CPU PCB.

LM was used on both sides on the silver sheet & IHS, but these will be soldered to the heatsink when I have better results.

Last edited:
System Name We call it 'x79', aka The x79 system
Processor E5 1680 v2
Motherboard Rampage IV Extreme
Cooling Soft tube loop w/ Black Ice GTX 360 and EK Supremacy Evo
Memory 32gb (4x8gb) 2400mhz cl11 Corsair Dominator
Video Card(s) Radeon VII, XFX with Samsung HBM dies
Storage Samsung 860 EVO 1tb
Display(s) old 27" Viewsonic 1080p, Asus 1080p, Viewsonic 4k
Case Thermaltake Core x9
Power Supply Corsair HX1200
Benchmark Scores Cinebench r15, w/ 1680v2 @ 4.6ghz and XMP enabled, 1648 1680v2 @ 4.7ghz RAM @ stock 1333mhz, 1696
Well I have bought both but I only tried the CL Liquid Ultra between the IHS and Waterblock while I have used the Conductonaut for delidding, well sorta.
When I delidded my 3770k I ran out of my first batch of Conductonaut, so I had to use both brands. For some reason mixing CL Liquid Ultra and Conductonaut made it easier to work with. In the mix, there was more Conductonaut than there was CL Liquid Ultra.

The CL Liquid Ultra did stain the copper waterblock, and it erased the writing on top of the 3930k I used but it didn't effect the integrity of either. It dropped the temps by only 3c compared to Kryonaut, so it wasn't really worth using between the IHS and waterblock. I used it for several months and after I pulled the block off, I didn't notice anything degrading or whatnot. I'm not sure how Gallium base would dry up anyway since it's a metal with a low melting point. Gallium will destroy Aluminum in a way that make the Aluminum into a messy cracker.

The best results I have got so far with delidding were with a i7-6700k and using Conductonaut. The delidding dropped the temps by 30c when overclocked to 4.7ghz. Before I delidded I couldn't run Prime95 on the 6700k at stock speeds, with an old copper slug stock cooler I had from my 3770k. The 6700k would throttle 5 minutes into the test. After the delid it didn't go above 75c with the stock cooler while running Prime95.

Conductonaut didn't fare so well with the 7700k I tried because it only dropped the OC temps by 20c. There must have been less distance between the IHS and die which resulted in somewhat ok thermals.