• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Lets talk PC Audio

System Name ✨ Lenovo M700 [Tiny]
Cooling ⚠️ 78,08% N² ⌬ 20,95% O² ⌬ 0,93% Ar ⌬ 0,04% CO²
Audio Device(s) ◐◑ AKG K702 ⌬ FiiO E10K Olympus 2
Mouse ✌️ Corsair M65 RGB Elite [Black] ⌬ Endgame Gear MPC-890 Cordura
Keyboard ⌨ Turtle Beach Impact 500
so i have to ask why is it so complicated connecting surround sound to lets say a gameing laptop that dosent have any dolby software besides for built in speakers? hdmi is supported fully with 5.1-7.1 spdif i can force to do full 5.1 anythang really but in order to make my pc do all of that it took almost 3 long painful exhasting years only found a software solution that works on my pc after finding apo drivers on this form to use dolby digital plus home theater that enabled bitstreaming on any device i want and now i get full 5.1 anythang out of a usb to toslink connection if thats possible why not make it eaiser aswell if open source formats are out thare like lpcm why not make a soundcard with only open soruce software its fully possible why has no one done it? im still trying to learn this world obvi XD
That's because Dolby or DTS isn't "open source", meaning the software has to pay to implement it. ;)

The same reason why you can't play copy protected blu-ray DVD's on Windows out of the box or with VLC. For that you have to pay for CyberLink PowerDVD or something else.

System Name predator helios 300
Processor intel(r) core(tm) i7-7700HQ @ 2.80ghz
Motherboard laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Cooling laptop acer predator helios g3-572
Memory 16gb 2400mhz 2 slots
Video Card(s) nvidia gtx 1060 laptop
Storage internal 237gb hdd internal 931gb hdd external 3tb hdd usb3.0
Display(s) 1 internal laptop 1 hdmi 100hz aoc 27g2g3
Case laptop
Audio Device(s) ultimea posiden d60 (5.1 speakers) hyper cloudx 2 (headphones)
Power Supply laptop
Mouse razer naga trinity v2
Keyboard razer huntsman TKL v2
VR HMD N/A
That's because Dolby or DTS isn't "open source", meaning the software has to pay to implement it. ;)

The same reason why you can't play copy protected blu-ray DVD's on Windows out of the box or with VLC. For that you have to pay for CyberLink PowerDVD or something else.
i hate the fact humans caused so many problems by makeing systems in life around papper fucking green papper

however if you know of any cool projects that are opensource for 5.1 surround sound from a usb to optical connection please dm me :)

Processor Ryzen 5800X
Motherboard Asus TUF-Gaming B550-Plus
Cooling Noctua NH-U14S
Memory 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo F4-3600C16D-32GTZNC
Video Card(s) Sapphire Radeon Rx 580 Nitro+ 8GB
Storage HP EX950 512GB + Samsung 970 PRO 1TB
Display(s) HP Z Display Z24i G2
Case Fractal Design Define R6 Black
Audio Device(s) Creative Sound Blaster AE-5
Power Supply Seasonic PRIME Ultra 650W Gold
Mouse Roccat Kone AIMO Remastered
Software Windows 10 x64
so i have to ask why is it so complicated connecting surround sound to lets say a gameing laptop that dosent have any dolby software besides for built in speakers? hdmi is supported fully with 5.1-7.1 spdif i can force to do full 5.1 anythang really but in order to make my pc do all of that it took almost 3 long painful exhasting years only found a software solution that works on my pc after finding apo drivers on this form to use dolby digital plus home theater that enabled bitstreaming on any device i want and now i get full 5.1 anythang out of a usb to toslink connection if thats possible why not make it eaiser aswell if open source formats are out thare like lpcm why not make a soundcard with only open soruce software its fully possible why has no one done it? im still trying to learn this world obvi XD
Is this one sentence or?...

Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
Is this one sentence or?...
its my thoughts im not great with grammer due to learning issues as a kid just try to bare with me u can still read the words

Case laptop
Power Supply laptop
VR HMD N/A
i wonder if anyone elts still uses pceee4 or more known as dolby digital plus home theater dolby digital home theater v4 and advance audio v2 in 2024 i just started useing a modified version to install on any pc i love it so far the fact that i finally have dsu without the need for a av reciver is wild iv basically turned my laptop into a surround av reciver a desktop gameing system with dual monitors when i unplug my tv and plug in my gameing monitor a emulation power house dumping all of my old childhood games onto it and the perfect smart tv for when i want streaming services idk why anyone uses smart tvs or rokus anymore your basic windows pc can do so much more today