• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

List of games that work very well with Steam Controller?

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Hey there, been playing many games lately trying to find ones that work really well with Steam Controller.

So far Civ VI is only one I have found, Furi would mess up on the shooting for some reason. I am trying to gather a list of games that are well known to work great with Steam Controller, because I want to use my shiny new toy :)

Cheers, please post here of any games you know of.

Solaris17

Super Dainty Moderator
Staff member
System Name Rocinante
Processor I9 14900KS
Motherboard EVGA z690 Dark KINGPIN (modded BIOS)
Cooling EK-AIO Elite 360 D-RGB
Memory 64GB Gskill Trident Z5 DDR5 6000 @6400
Video Card(s) MSI SUPRIM Liquid X 4090
Storage 1x 500GB 980 Pro | 1x 1TB 980 Pro | 1x 8TB Corsair MP400
Display(s) Odyssey OLED G9 G95SC
Case Lian Li o11 Evo Dynamic White
Audio Device(s) Moondrop S8's on Schiit Hel 2e
Power Supply Bequiet! Power Pro 12 1500w
Mouse Lamzu Atlantis mini (White)
Keyboard Monsgeek M3 Lavender, Akko Crystal Blues
VR HMD Quest 3
Software Windows 11
Benchmark Scores I dont have time for that.
Also intrested. I didnt play with my last one enough to know for sure.

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Also intrested. I didnt play with my last one enough to know for sure.

I can confirm Warframe and Furi are two games best not played with Steam Controller. It is also possible I am just terrible with it.

System Name unnamed currently :*(
Processor Intel Core i7-5960x
Motherboard ASUS ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10
Cooling EKWB/Bitspower CPU, motherboard & GPU WB
Memory Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4gb ddr4 2666
Video Card(s) nVidia GTX 1080 Ti FE 11GB
Storage Samsung 960 Evo 1 TB M.2 SSD & WD Black 5TB HDD
Display(s) Asus SwiftROG PG278Q & Asus PB277Q
Case Corsair 900D
Audio Device(s) Sound Blaster Zx
Power Supply Corsair Axi1200
Mouse Steel Series Sensei RAW
Keyboard Corsair K70
Benchmark Scores 4.8 ghz @ 1.37 - 5930k - old cpu 4.6 GHZ @ 1.3 - 5960X - current cpu
Rocket league or project cars? I don’t have a steam controller. Is it like a Xbox controller?

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Rocket league or project cars? I don’t have a steam controller. Is it like a Xbox controller?
not even remotely the same, unfortunately. The STEAM controller has multiple touchpads... which makes it great to navigate through your desktop (I don't even have a mouse or keyboard plugged into my "htpc" any more, because I wasn't using them at all), but the dual touchpads do affect how well this controller can be used in many games I find. Valve and the devs that use STEAM do a pretty great job at making the controller work well in most games, but I personally find the placement of the stick and buttons to be very odd and tehy kind of hurt my hands. I actually tend to use my XB-ONE controller more often for games with STEAM so haven't had the chance to experiment too much with how the STEAM controller works with most of the games I play... but the XB-ONE controller is basically useless on the desktop. So I use both. :p

That said, I'm also very interested in such a list, so I'll try to update when I find ones that do work well (pretty much any driving game works fine with any controller so far, but I've only tried Dirt Rally and Dirt4 so far with the STEAM controller)

Space Lynx

Astronaut
not even remotely the same, unfortunately. The STEAM controller has multiple touchpads... which makes it great to navigate through your desktop (I don't even have a mouse or keyboard plugged into my "htpc" any more, because I wasn't using them at all), but the dual touchpads do affect how well this controller can be used in many games I find. Valve and the devs that use STEAM do a pretty great job at making the controller work well in most games, but I personally find the placement of the stick and buttons to be very odd and tehy kind of hurt my hands. I actually tend to use my XB-ONE controller more often for games with STEAM so haven't had the chance to experiment too much with how the STEAM controller works with most of the games I play... but the XB-ONE controller is basically useless on the desktop. So I use both. :p

That said, I'm also very interested in such a list, so I'll try to update when I find ones that do work well (pretty much any driving game works fine with any controller so far, but I've only tried Dirt Rally and Dirt4 so far with the STEAM controller)

I never thought about a racing game before, that sounds like a good idea I might try that tonight. I was thinking maybe platformers like Ori and the Blind Forest, INSIDE, Crash Bandicoot, etc... maybe??? Might try a couple tonight and see how it all works out... most likely will be using the xbox one s bluetooth for most of my games as well sadly. I was hoping it would be easier than this, it actually works really well in Furi, until I try to aim and fire my shots... unlike a regular controller where you just hold the analog stick in the direction you want to shoot, the steam controller makes you continually swipe it to shoot... if that was fixed it would work great for that game.

cadaveca

My name is Dave
Codemasters is pretty good with controller support to begin with, as are most other driving sim devs, so that's nearly always a safe genre for PC-controller gaming. Platfomers for the most part should be ok as well, but try magicka… it'll drive you batty. :p

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Codemasters is pretty good with controller support to begin with, as are most other driving sim devs, so that's nearly always a safe genre for PC-controller gaming. Platfomers for the most part should be ok as well, but try magicka… it'll drive you batty. :p

I love Magicka!!! batty in a good way or bad way? :p

Space Lynx

Astronaut
Skyrim works decently... still very far and few games it works well with... blasted... prob just wasted $35, oh well