• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Logitech MX1000

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
Last edited:
U

Unregistered

Something you didn't mention, as you may have not experienced it, is a really bad bug the MX1000 has. From what I have seen, it seems like there was one bad batch of MX-1000s on the line that got into public and there are a lot of reports of the same problem.

The problem that I speak of is that when you use the mouse, it can randomly jump around, as if there is a hair under the mouse, or a bad surface or something. Additionally sometimes the mouse will think you clicked buttons which you did not. You can just be moving the mouse around and then suddenly one or more of the buttons will activate.

If you search google for problems with the MX-1000 you will find lots of similar stories.

U

Unregistered

I agree

I bought one of the first mx 1000 and i had the same issue. easy fix replace with a new one at circuit city.

U

Unregistered

I originally bought an mx700 which I had to send back
because it just didn't work for some reason.
After that I got sent an mx1000 which I have to say
I'm very happy with. So far everything has worked
just excellently and the presicion is just wonderful.
I love this mouse even though it was a tad expensive.

U

Unregistered

hmm yeah well i love this mouse as well but i must say that i have to get used to it when i am playing counterstrike source.....

any others have the same problem?

U

Unregistered

I took it back

Excellent performance and feel. But here was the thing for me: If you install the SetPoint software, all of the buttons will work except for the back/forward buttons unless you're using IE or Netscape. Not Mozilla or Firefox, they aren't supported. If you uninstall the SetPoint software, the back/forward buttons will work with any browser or other app, but none of the other special buttons will work. I took it back and bought a Think Outside Stowaway Bluetooth mouse for my laptop. $20.00 less and a much better investment, for me.

~Peace

thumper

just started using mine and wow i upgraded from an older microsfot inteli-explorer 3 and the difference is amazing ive always been one to slag off wireless mice on rumours of them being laggy etc but i take it all bake this is a work of art

riivo

unreplacable battary. that's bad. after 3-4 years it doesn't work for a week and there is nothing you can do about it

U

Unregistered

Hi

"
Unregistered said:
Something you didn't mention, as you may have not experienced it, is a really bad bug the MX1000 has. From what I have seen, it seems like there was one bad batch of MX-1000s on the line that got into public and there are a lot of reports of the same problem.

The problem that I speak of is that when you use the mouse, it can randomly jump around, as if there is a hair under the mouse, or a bad surface or something. Additionally sometimes the mouse will think you clicked buttons which you did not. You can just be moving the mouse around and then suddenly one or more of the buttons will activate.

If you search google for problems with the MX-1000 you will find lots of similar stories.
"

You can fix that problem if you take the ps/2 adapter and put the mouse to ps/2 port.. then it wount jump aroud anymore.

U

Unregistered

Using the mouse with the PS/2 adapter to alleviate the bug was not the case with my MX1000. I did exactly the opposite to fix it, I took off the PS/2 adapter and it works perfectly now.

=0C=Cheese-o-rama

I just purchased this mouse, and i have to say that using the USB or the PS/2 hasn't made a difference, this thing bounces around like a 10 year old on crack. Oh, and it has the added "option" of having the mouse buttons get stuck all the damn time.

This mouse is nothing but trouble, stay away.

dubcat

I had the jumping problem. The mouse would consistently jump about 2 inches DOWN the screen (on a 1600x1200 20" screen). This was most annoying when using photoshop or aiming at someones head in counter strike :)

I called logitech and they asked for my serial number etc etc. After a number of questions the lady on the phone told me she would send me a new receiver. I was skeptical and thought I should have a new mouse too but played along. 3 days later I received my new receiver. It fixed the problem. I am really impressed. I did not have to send the bad receiver back either.

If you are suffering from jumping problems ring logitech support. They are REALLY helpful.

Dub

p.s. I am not affiliated to logitech in any way other than the fact that i am a happy customers

U

Unregistered

MX 1000 piece of S*#!

Please, do not buy! Skips worst than a optical mouse, I feel cheaped. I trusted Logitech, not anymore.

Personaly i have tried one of these for about a week but i couldnt get one with it.

So just the other day i decided to go the hole hog and buy a Razer Diamondback Magma
and also go buy myself a Ideazon Zboard and i have to say that they are the best two
purchases i have made regarding gaming and general typing in a long time, :D.

So based on experience i would not recomend this mouse, it just doesnt "feel right".

V

Vlada

Hi,
can someone from USA look at the adapter. I need to see the input. My friend is coming to Europe and I want to buy mx1000 on newegg, so I have to know will I be able to use this adapter or I need to buy the new one. I saw wizard's post saying that you can use this adapter everywere in the world, but he is located in Germany, and I need to know, will I get the same adapter in the USA (with the same input of course, they cannot be the same obviously).

Thanks in advance.

Nexus

I just got my MX1000 yesterday and what a sweet mouse it is...except that it jumps around like cracy. Called Logitech and they're gonna send me a new reciever :)

My question is concerned the thumb button. It feels rather lose. So lose that I can move it up and down and actually see it move. At first I really didn't think about it untill I sort of noticed it when surfing and I have now become obsessed with it and con't stop thinking about it :eek:

Can anyone one of you tell me if my thumb button is one of a kind or it's supposed to be like that :)

geeman74

riivo said:
unreplacable battary. that's bad. after 3-4 years it doesn't work for a week and there is nothing you can do about it

surley after 3-4 years youll have a new mouse!!
they dont last forever

ive had no probs with mine at all had it about 7month all the buttons do what there supposed to
works with all games i play etc

U

Unregistered

dubcat said:
I had the jumping problem. The mouse would consistently jump about 2 inches DOWN the screen (on a 1600x1200 20" screen). This was most annoying when using photoshop or aiming at someones head in counter strike :)

I called logitech and they asked for my serial number etc etc. After a number of questions the lady on the phone told me she would send me a new receiver. I was skeptical and thought I should have a new mouse too but played along. 3 days later I received my new receiver. It fixed the problem. I am really impressed. I did not have to send the bad receiver back either.

If you are suffering from jumping problems ring logitech support. They are REALLY helpful.

Dub

p.s. I am not affiliated to logitech in any way other than the fact that i am a happy customers
i read logitech faq...and there is like this
Q: My MX1000 cursor sometimes jumps to the top of the screen or acts erratic at times. What should I do?
A: Download and install SetPoint 2.14 or above to resolve this issue. You may install the new version over your current version.

U

Unregistered

Charging

For some reason my MX won't recharge... It's only a moonth old... any ideas?

W1zzard

Administrator
Staff member
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Memory 48 GB
Video Card(s) RTX 4080
Storage 2x HDD RAID 1, 3x M.2 NVMe
Display(s) 30" 2560x1600 + 19" 1280x1024
Software Windows 10 64-bit
hit the reset button? does the charging indicator move?

U

Unregistered

Hi Just got my mx1000 today after a great years use with the mx700/duo...(+ wireless keyboard). Does anyone know if the mx1000 mouse will work ok with the mx700/Duo docking station? At the moment the mx1000 is being charged via the mx700's docking station and the mouse does seem to work ok but still havent put it through its paces. Or do you think it may lessen any of the mx1000's features ? Hope not because if it does work i can carry on using the wireless keyboard with it and sell the mx700 mouse and the other dock unit!
Appreciate any help!

AMDCam

Processor AMD Opteron 148 at (hope) 3.0ghz
Motherboard MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum with Nforce 3 Ultra
Cooling XP-90C (CPU), A400 (Graphics), 8 case fans, 92mm Tornado
Memory 2gb OCZ Gold DDR500 dual-channel
Video Card(s) Leadtek 6800GT near UEE speed (448core/1.18memory)
Storage 2x 80gb WD 7,200rpm 8mb cache Caviar SATA 150 in RAID 0
Display(s) (2 soon) Samsung Syncmaster 172N 17" LCD
Case Atrix black case with A LOT of mods
Audio Device(s) Motherboard
Power Supply Aspire 520w tri-fan blue LEDs
Software Windows XP Home, Office 2003 Professional Edition
Hey, I've never used wireless peripherals but can you tell me how you like the MX1000? I'm deciding between a Razer and yours. You have the upper hand with optical sensor (20x optical), technology, wireless, and buttons, but the razer has a higher resolution, good optical sensor (4x), and looks good. I mean for gaming, because right now I have a Microsoft 3 button intellimouse optical, and I've used these for years. I hate 5-button mouses, they're too easy to hit and are really not that useful, so I keep it simple. What do you think would be a better upgrade for someone like me? Thank you, and sorry I can't help you with charging or compatibility with older stuff

na3d

well, maybe all yours "jumpin' problems" are caused because u placed the reciver near some electrical device(monitor, tv, hi-fi, etc.)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Move the reciver away then try again until u got no more "Jumpin' "