• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Looking for new headphones for up to €200?

Hi, guys!

I need some help finding new headphones, but I'm really not well knowledgeable in this field. I've done a few hours of searching, but as soon as I stumbled into the audiophile realm I got quickly overwhelmed, so I need some help.

Ideally, I would prefer to spend around €150 ($180) or less, but €200 ($250) is the limit only if it's worth it. I listen to a lot of music and watch tons of movies, so I would like headphones which are more turned to this aspect if possible. Noise cancellation is a must!

What's most important to me is soundproofing. I live in a noisy neighborhood, so I would prefer not to hear anything outside when I put them on.

I just want some good, quality headphones that are comfortable to wear, and sound really good. I'm no audiophile, so I don't care for the best sound quality, just what sounds really good with music and videos.

Additional info that might help:
  • I'm looking for over-ear, closed headphones, preferably wired, but I wouldn't mind wireless.
  • I will use them only indoors on my PC, and for regular use (music, YouTube, movies, etc.)
  • I don't play video games as much as I used to, so "gaming" brands can be ignored (unless they're good and within the budget of course)
  • A mic. would be welcome, but if it doesn't fit into the price range, then it's not necessary
  • Something that has durable materials, because I plan to take good care of them, and don't plan on replacing them for a couple of years
From what I've seen, everyone seems to recommend Sony WH-1000XM3, but they're out of my budget where I live (€230+).

I live outside the US, so the prices may be different here. Still, if you were in my shoes and had a budget like this, which one would you buy?

System Name Unreal Machine IV
Processor Ryzen 7 5700X
Motherboard Asrock 570X Taichi
Cooling Noctua U9S
Memory Team UD4-4000 @4000 CL18 1:1
Video Card(s) 5600XT Red Devil
Storage Kingston SSD 240GB + WD RED 4TB + WD Blue SN 550 Nvme 1TB X3
Display(s) DELL U2417H
Case Old school Termalthake xaser III black with lots of noctua 80mm fans
Audio Device(s) Creative SB X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Champion + Creative Inspire t7900 7.1 + Sony MDR-1A + AKG K-240
Power Supply Seasonic Prime GX-750
Mouse Logitech G502 hero SE
Keyboard Logitech
Software 10 pro
Benchmark Scores Cinebench R23 Multi ~15k 4.4Ghz all core Cinebench R23 single 1.5k 4.65Ghz
Mind I join you?
I love headphones...

I own some Sony MDR-1A, they are dreamy...
Can't help much more, all the stuff I looked up is mostly open like the HiFiMAN HE-400i or some AKG...
Only closed sets I follow closely are Sony studio ones...