• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MODWARS - Tekno Angel (Tt Core P3 Mod) by SimpleModz

MWAVE MODWARS 2016 Powered By Thermaltake, ASUS, Kingston, Intel & NVIDIA

Hi guys,

I'm back with another case mod and I think the banner above says it all for this one :)

I am part of a modding competition where 5 of Australia's best case modders have been chosen to compete and only one will become the MODWARS champion!

For more info on the competition and to see the other modders head here - https://www.mwave.com.au/catalog/modwars-info

For this build I am using the Thermaltake Core P3 chassis and I am calling it Tekno Angel and is inspired by the Japanese Gundam series. I'm actually not too familiar with Gundam so I'm not sure if I will be able to get it 100% but it will be more or less based on that. A very good friend of mine is a fan and gave me this idea, I had the angel idea however wasn't sure where to draw more inspiration from so he introduced me to Gundam.

Anyways, hope you guys enjoy this one. It has to be finished by September 16th so not a long time to go.

Let's have a look at the SPECS:

CASE - Thermaltake Core P3

MB - ASUS Maximus VIII Hero Alpha

CPU - Intel Core i7 6700K

GPU - ASUS NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Founders Edition

RAM - Kingston HyperX Fury 16GB (4x4GB) 2400MHz DDR4 Black

SSD - Kingston HyperX Savage 120GB x 2

PSU - Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB 650W Gold

Custom Cables & LEDs - CableMod

Water Cooling - Thermaltake

Here is a shot of all the hardware together looking very glorious!

And here is an unboxing and overview video of the case and a bit of a chat about the start of this mod. At the time of filming I hadn't decided on the name just yet :p

Hope you guys enjoy this one!

Before I go I would like to thank MWAVE, Thermaltake, ASUS, Kingston, Intel and NVIDIA for inviting me to be part of this competition.

Mwave: https://www.mwave.com.au/

Thermaltake: https://www.mwave.com.au/brands/thermaltake-630

ASUS: https://www.mwave.com.au/brands/asus-63

Kingston: https://www.mwave.com.au/brands/kingston-356

Intel: https://www.mwave.com.au/brands/intel-325

NVIDIA: https://www.mwave.com.au/graphics-cards/nvidia-graphics-cards

Cheers,

Alex

Okay guys, less than 2 week until I need to get this build fully finished!

I've been pretty busy lately with quite a few things going on however I've been working hard on the build too.

I think it's time I start rolling out all the update so stay tuned guys!

As I mentioned in the video I am covering the entire Core P3 chassis with an acrylic sheet and I am also shaping it around my Tekno Angel theme. Other than the acrylic cover for the case I am also cutting out the 'angle' wings :p

Check it out!

I traced the case and all of the mounting holes needed and then designed the sheet around my vision.

The wings were then first designed from cardboard before traced out onto acrylic for cutting.

Stay tuned for more updates as I will be rolling them out quite fast to get the build finished in time for the competition ending on the 16th of September.

Thanks for checking it out!

Cheers,

Alex

Hi guys,

Okay, the acrylic sheet is cut to size and more or less finished. I need to file it down a bit more and going to cut the bottom section out further.

I had originally intended for the build to be mounted onto a VESA stand however I can't find one at a decent price which is strong enough to hold the entire build. The way it is atm the feet can't really be mounted on, hence for the awkwardness of the photos :p

So I will be trimming it down at the bottom in order to mount the feet but here's a sneak peak for now.

Let me know what you guys think so far! Oh and the wings have been cut and stuck together ready for mounting. Lots of little details to be added still.

Everything still mounts as it should which is what I wanted :D

The first part of the Gundam inspired wings assembled.

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

Hi guys,

Here's a better look at the case with the acrylic frame and a closer look at the components.

Mounting for the wings is in place :D

GPU tray has been cut as well

PCIE extender mounted

Tt RGB PSU

Shaping up pretty nicely I would say!

Stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

Hi guys,

Here's the glorious GTX 1070 Founders Edition mounted it. I love the design of these new cards so much I feel bad putting a waterblock on it. But a waterblock will definitely go on.

Remember this is just a test fitting for all hardware, more details will be added to everything and it will all be customised to match the colours of the wings :)

I also added some more details to the wings and if anyone is wondering how I cut these, it's with a jig saw and with this scroll saw + lots of filing in the end :D

And here are the Gundam inspired wings mounted

They are stuck together using acrylic cement glue which pretty much bonds them together and is a really strong hold.

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more.

Cheers,

Alex

Here I am about to start on the water cooling loop.

But first I am drilling some pass-throughs to clean up the loop and add an extra feature to the mod.

I've also added an extra piece of acrylic going around the edges of where the motherboard sits for a bit of contrast.

First tubes are in.

A very tight fit on the right there. A piece of tube is actually in between then to connect the two fittings.

Thanks for checking it out and stay tuned for more!

Cheers,

Alex

Hi guys,

Here's more progress and better photos as I start working on the water cooling loop.

A nice view of the frame.

I'm using 3 stand-off to set the motherboard forward a bit to allow room for the wings to mount as well as cable routing from underneath.

Cables for the fans routed under the radiator.

Cheers,

Alex

Hi guys,

I've been busy working on the tubes and they're now pretty much done.

Let me know what you think about it!

The tube from the GPU going up had to be off-set like that as the fittings in the top around the back are as close as they can be. They're a bit big and can't have the runs any closer than that with these fittings. In the end I think it give a nice feature to the loop :D

Cheers,

Alex

Hi guys,

I've been pretty busy working on the build over the last few days, about a week to go now before it has to be finished! I did a ton of work with vinyl as well as some painting and I shot a nice video to talk a bit about the mods as well as assemble the whole thing!

Check it out below and let me know what you think!

Cheers,

Alex

System Name AM4 / 775
Processor 2600x / C2D E7600
Motherboard B450 Aorus / ASUS P5G41C-M LX
Cooling TT Esports Duo / Chinesium cooler
Memory 16GB DDR4 3ghz / 4GB DDR2 800mhz
Video Card(s) 2060 Super / 5700-XT / GTX 650Ti
Storage 120GB + 1TB SSD / 160GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung CRG5 144hz QD
Case CiT shit chassis modded / Coolermaster Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster FX / Audigy 2 ZX
Power Supply Superflower Leadex III GOLD / BeQuiet 450w bronze.
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Read Dragon Kumara
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores 1 Billion
I'm lost, what on earth is an RGB PSU?

Hi guys,

Here are the CableMod cables! I decided to shoot another quick video as I installed them!

Enjoy :D

Stay tuned as final photos are next :D

Cheers,

Alex

System Name main/SFFHTPCARGH!(tm)/Xiaomi Mi TV Stick/Samsung Galaxy S23/Ally
Processor Ryzen 7 5800X3D/i7-3770/S905X/Snapdragon 8 Gen 2/Ryzen Z1 Extreme
Motherboard MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk/HP SFF Q77 Express/uh?/uh?/Asus
Cooling Enermax ETS-T50 Axe aRGB /basic HP HSF /errr.../oh! liqui..wait, no:sizable vapor chamber/a nice one
Memory 64gb Corsair Vengeance Pro 3600mhz DDR4/8gb DDR3 1600/2gb LPDDR3/8gb LPDDR5x 4200/16gb LPDDR5
Video Card(s) Hellhound Spectral White RX 7900 XTX 24gb/GT 730/Mali 450MP5/Adreno 740/RDNA3 768 core
Storage 250gb870EVO/500gb860EVO/2tbSandisk/NVMe2tb+1tb/4tbextreme V2/1TB Arion/500gb/8gb/256gb/2tb SN770M
Display(s) X58222 32" 2880x1620/32"FHDTV/273E3LHSB 27" 1920x1080/6.67"/AMOLED 2X panel FHD+120hz/FHD 120hz
Case Cougar Panzer Max/Elite 8300 SFF/None/back/back-front Gorilla Glass Victus 2+ UAG Monarch Carbon
Audio Device(s) Logi Z333/SB Audigy RX/HDMI/HDMI/Dolby Atmos/KZ x HBB PR2/Edifier STAX Spirit S3 & SamsungxAKG beans
Power Supply Chieftec Proton BDF-1000C /HP 240w/12v 1.5A/4Smart Voltplug PD 30W/Asus USB-C 65W
Mouse Speedlink Sovos Vertical-Asus ROG Spatha-Logi Ergo M575/Xiaomi XMRM-006/touch/touch
Keyboard Endorfy Thock 75% <3/none/touch/virtual
VR HMD Medion Erazer
Software Win10 64/Win8.1 64/Android TV 8.1/Android 13/Win11 64
Benchmark Scores bench...mark? i do leave mark on bench sometime, to remember which one is the most comfortable. :o
nice one funny ... i can only think of Chiffon Fairchild (Aoi) in Nova Form from Freezing manwha ... when i see the wings setup ...
i also aim for either a P3 or a P5 later (if i don't get tempted by the Cougar Panzer Max ...) but modding is a bit too far for me (other than custom loop )

see what i mean?
True_Form.jpg

Awesome! Thanks a lot :D
what about actually thanking her on TPU (there is a thanks button ;) )

not that it matter though :laugh:

nice one funny ... i can only think of Chiffon Fairchild (Aoi) in Nova Form from Freezing manwha ... when i see the wings setup ...
i also aim for either a P3 or a P5 later (if i don't get tempted by the Cougar Panzer Max ...) but modding is a bit too far for me (other than custom loop )

see what i mean?
View attachment 78835

what about actually thanking her on TPU (there is a thanks button ;) )

not that it matter though :laugh:

Hi mate! Yup I see the resemblance. It was never meant to resemble any particular character. I'm not even that much into Gundam, it was one of my mates ideas to base it on that. I just wanted an angel looking Core P3 haha and drawing some inspiration from Gundam worked out well :)

I think the Core P3 or P5 are both awesome as for Cougar, I never used one of their cases so I'm not sure.

Hahaha I used the thank button now :p

Hey guys,

The Tekno Angel build was recently displayed at PAX AUS at the Thermaltake booth. Check out some of the pics and video.

PAX AU video -

Cheers,

Alex

Processor i7 8700k 4.6Ghz @ 1.24V
Motherboard AsRock Fatal1ty K6 Z370
Cooling beQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 3
Memory 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200/C16
Video Card(s) ASRock RX7900XT Phantom Gaming
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 1TB + Samsung 830 256GB + Crucial BX100 250GB + Toshiba 1TB HDD
Display(s) Gigabyte G34QWC (3440x1440)
Case Fractal Design Define R5
Audio Device(s) Harman Kardon AVR137 + 2.1
Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 750W
Mouse XTRFY M42
Keyboard Lenovo Thinkpad Trackpoint II
Software W10 x64
Awesome build! Nice work!