• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Monitor calibration

Charalampos232

So I have an asus tn panel vp247h which is not that great on the color side of things which is reasonable as it uses a fast tn panel. Spending some time finding for a color profile in order to make colors better I couldn't find one. So can anyone find me a proper color profile for this monitor or help me tweaking the osd setting? I would be glad if someone can help.

System Name SYBARIS
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 3600
Motherboard MSI Arsenal Gaming B450 Tomahawk
Cooling Cryorig H7 Quad Lumi
Memory Team T-Force Delta RGB 2x8GB 3200CL16
Video Card(s) Colorful GeForce RTX 2060 6GV2
Storage Crucial MX500 500GB | WD Black WD1003FZEX 1TB | Seagate ST1000LM024 1TB | WD My Passport Slim 1TB
Display(s) AOC 24G2 24" 144hz IPS
Case Montech Air ARGB
Audio Device(s) Massdrop + Sennheiser PC37X | QKZ x HBB
Power Supply Corsair CX650-F
Mouse Razer Viper Mini | Cooler Master MM711 | Logitech G102 | Logitech G402
Keyboard Drop + The Lord of the Rings Dwarvish
Software Windows 10 Education 22H2 x64

Regeneration

NGOHQ.COM
Set to sRGB profile from OSD and add a bit of digital vibrance from the graphics driver.

System Name Brightworks Systems BWS-6 E-IV
Processor Intel Core i5-6600 @ 3.9GHz
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-Z170-HD3 Rev 1.0
Cooling Quality case, 2 x Fractal Design 140mm fans, stock CPU HSF
Memory 32GB (4 x 8GB) DDR4 3000 Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) EVGA GEForce GTX 1050Ti 4Gb GDDR5
Storage Samsung 850 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 860 Evo 500GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung S24E650BW LED x 2
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Power Supply EVGA Supernova 550W G2 Gold
Mouse Logitech M190
Keyboard Microsoft Wireless Comfort 5050
Software W10 Pro 64-bit
Well I tried but I made it worse.
Are you sure? I ask because our minds tend to play tricks on us in this area. I note that typically, TV and monitors are set at the factory with "enhanced" contrast and brightness settings, for example, to make these monitors "appear" brighter and sharper - particularly on show room floors. And studies have shown when we humans attempt to calibrate using our eye, when we get it just where we like it, when the screen is properly tested and measured with a professional display calibration tool, the settings are found to be way off and totally inaccurate.

If you spend a lot of money on a quality big screen TV, or if you are a professional photographer and you need (1) your display to be accurate and (2) the image on you display to match the output of your professional printer, you will need your display professionally calibrated. That "service" can easily cost around $300, but may be well worth it. This may especially be true if you just spent several $1000 on a big screen TV before SuperBowl weekend.

If the need for a calibrated display is a frequent need, then buying your own display calibration tool like this or this may be the smarter move.

If you are attempting this just to get an image that appears natural to you, then typically best way for the layperson to calibrate for color accuracy is to display several high quality images of human faces. We humans (if we concentrate) are pretty good at adjusting the settings so those human faces appear "natural". That is, not too yellow, not too green, not too blue or not too red.

If we get human faces to look natural, then usually the sky, grass, buildings, etc. do too. That's not to say the colors are 100% accurate. But if the human in the photo is not standing next to your monitor, you can't tell.

Charalampos232

Ok thank you very much I am am going to try testing on pictures of human faces and see if it makes a difference.