• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Moon Mining

Processor Ryzen 2700X
Motherboard X470 Tachi Ultimate
Cooling Scythe Big Shuriken 3
Memory C.R.S.
Video Card(s) Radeon VII
Software Win 7
Benchmark Scores Never high enough
I recommend watching the movie "Moon"

I want to weld in space and on the moon. No atmosphere, different gravity, space dust to contaminate the weld... Only a welder would appreciate it.

@Bones how often did the equipment need welding? Ive never worked in a mine, I've been aerospace my whole career

My kids say I can go weld in space, but wife says "No!"

Constantly.
Esp with the front-end loaders and conveyer/sorting equip. Sometimes the arms to the bucket of these loaders had to be replaced because they had been welded on so much the metal itself became brittle and was cracking/breaking all the time - A welder's maintenance nightmare until done.

The hammer mill was a weekly thing to check and a total PITA when it did require welding. The guy that did it could be in the thing for days welding on the hammer drum before it was back in service.
Only exception was a quick fix to get it up again but was always followed up with the same later.
Always nasty work too, no escaping the lime dust.
I also later worked at a granite quarry and it was even worse - Thankfully I wasn't there for long.