• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Moving on up in the world to better things. What goes round comes round.

Frick

Fishfaced Nincompoop
System Name Black MC in Tokyo
Processor Ryzen 5 5600
Motherboard Asrock B450M-HDV
Cooling Be Quiet! Pure Rock 2
Memory 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury 3400mhz
Video Card(s) XFX 6950XT Speedster MERC 319
Storage Kingston A400 240GB | WD Black SN750 2TB |WD Blue 1TB x 2 | Toshiba P300 2TB | Seagate Expansion 8TB
Display(s) Samsung U32J590U 4K + BenQ GL2450HT 1080p
Case Fractal Design Define R4
Audio Device(s) Line6 UX1 + some headphones, Nektar SE61 keyboard
Power Supply Corsair RM850x v3
Mouse Logitech G602
Keyboard Cherry MX Board 1.0 TKL Brown
VR HMD Acer Mixed Reality Headset
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores Rimworld 4K ready!
Some sites have an "Off Topic" section for subjects unrelated to the focus of the site and General Nonsense is what we have here but it's limited in it's use because of the title of the forum imo. I've only read a very little at GN but it doesn't seem to be the place to put up a thread on anything other than sillyness.

Aye GN used to be here on this forum, but the stuff there spilled over to the other forums and after the split it became different beast altogether. I've nothing against this thread at all, but it really doesn't belong, unless you make it into a Emotional Support or something club. Community Talk Club. Whatever. The option is to make a Real Talk (or something) forum here but that just makes even more stuff to moderate and if there's a shitstorm there it'll spill over to other forums, generating a higher need of moderation. And so on and so forth.

Reactions: 64K
System Name AM4 / 775
Processor 2600x / C2D E7600
Motherboard B450 Aorus / ASUS P5G41C-M LX
Cooling TT Esports Duo / Chinesium cooler
Memory 16GB DDR4 3ghz / 4GB DDR2 800mhz
Video Card(s) 2060 Super / 5700-XT / GTX 650Ti
Storage 120GB + 1TB SSD / 160GB SSD
Display(s) Samsung CRG5 144hz QD
Case CiT shit chassis modded / Coolermaster Elite 430
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster FX / Audigy 2 ZX
Power Supply Superflower Leadex III GOLD / BeQuiet 450w bronze.
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Keyboard Read Dragon Kumara
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores 1 Billion
There should be an Off-Topic really but i'm not the boss.

Also there are plenty of others with hard times and issues... reading some stuff a bit off topic may help some people... people can be very secretive :p

Processor Phenom II X6 1090T @ 4.1 Ghz/ 4790K (4.3Ghz but now @ STOCK)
Motherboard Cheap Biostar TA890FXE/ GA-B85N Phoenix-WIFI
Cooling Corsair H50/ Corsair H80i
Memory G. Skill Ripjaws 16gigs/ 16gigs of Ballistic Tracers
Video Card(s) HIS 6950 unlocked to 6970/ EVGA GTX 970 FTW
Storage 2 Corsair Force 80gigs SSD Raid 0(OS)*1.5TB Seagate 7200.11(Backup/Data)/ Samsung 850 EVO 500G mSATA
Display(s) 28 inch LG Flatron LCD/ 144hz Asus VG248 & LG 34UM57P Ultrawide
Case 8 dollar case I got from Frys/ INWIN 901 (mITX)
Audio Device(s) Onboard/ Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX850W/ Cooler Master V700 80+ Gold
Mouse Razer Taipan (Battlefield 4 Edition)
Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate (Battlefield 4 Edition)
Software W7 Ultimate/ Windows 10 Pro
Wow, Recon-UK your story and mines are so similar, it mirrors each other pretty well beside a few things, who would of thunk it. Here's the short of my story, Like you, I was in the Army (USA), mechanized infantry. Signed up for 3 years initially but got caught up and got orders to deploy on my last month of duty. 12months tour of Iraq with a 6 month involuntary extension of tour and 6 months mandatory stay when I got back stateside. Towards the end of my deployment got news back home my dad had colon cancer, before that I figured since I already did 5 years whats 15 more but came to realization that if anything was to happen to my father and I couldn't be there I would never forgive myself so I decided to leave. Came home after everything was done with the army and cared for my dad, took him to the doctors and his Chemo treatment every time, hes is doing better now they removed a third of his colon and he is responding well to the treatment and the cancer is in remission now. While caring for him I took the advantage of the GI Bill and went to college and got a Bachelors of Science in Computer Science. I enjoy computers/tech as a hobby but never really wanted it as a career only picked CS cuz I didn't know what to study in school and plus while in school the GI Bill paid for my rent so I wouldn't be homeless. Met a nice girl back home, she has three kids from a previous relationship but I don't mind, she makes me happy and they make me happy. While going to school I started driving at night delivering drugs (pharmaceutical) to hospitals and convalescent home. Made pretty decent money doing it but no benefits so I switch to being a full time driver for a Clinical Laboratory. Its been 8 years now since I left the army, still a driver, still with my girl and Pops is doing OK. I can totally relate to the things you are going through man, no matter how much struggles and bullshit we go through there's always a light at the end of the tunnel.

Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard MSI Z270 SLI Plus
Cooling CM Hyper 212 EVO
Memory 2 x 8 GB Corsair Vengeance
Video Card(s) MSI RTX 2070 Super
Storage Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB and WD Black 4TB
Display(s) Dell 27 inch 1440p 144 Hz
Case Corsair Obsidian 750D Airflow Edition
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply EVGA SuperNova 850 W Gold
Mouse Logitech G502
Keyboard Logitech G105
Software Windows 10
There should be an Off-Topic really but i'm not the boss.

Also there are plenty of others with hard times and issues... reading some stuff a bit off topic may help some people... people can be very secretive :p

I can appreciate that you wanted to share some life experiences with us. That is a scary thing for most to do. Takes courage to open up and reveal yourself.

I wouldn't worry about being banned at Tom's. I remember some guy giving you shit about running two GTX 480s over there and you pointing out that it was fine with Gelid coolers. Was that when you got banned? Well, anyway, I've been banned too occasionally. It's not a big deal.

System Name AM4 / 775
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Wow, Recon-UK your story and mines are so similar, it mirrors each other pretty well beside a few things, who would of thunk it. Here's the short of my story, Like you, I was in the Army (USA), mechanized infantry. Signed up for 3 years initially but got caught up and got orders to deploy on my last month of duty. 12months tour of Iraq with a 6 month involuntary extension of tour and 6 months mandatory stay when I got back stateside. Towards the end of my deployment got news back home my dad had colon cancer, before that I figured since I already did 5 years whats 15 more but came to realization that if anything was to happen to my father and I couldn't be there I would never forgive myself so I decided to leave. Came home after everything was done with the army and cared for my dad, took him to the doctors and his Chemo treatment every time, hes is doing better now they removed a third of his colon and he is responding well to the treatment and the cancer is in remission now. While caring for him I took the advantage of the GI Bill and went to college and got a Bachelors of Science in Computer Science. I enjoy computers/tech as a hobby but never really wanted it as a career only picked CS cuz I didn't know what to study in school and plus while in school the GI Bill paid for my rent so I wouldn't be homeless. Met a nice girl back home, she has three kids from a previous relationship but I don't mind, she makes me happy and they make me happy. While going to school I started driving at night delivering drugs (pharmaceutical) to hospitals and convalescent home. Made pretty decent money doing it but no benefits so I switch to being a full time driver for a Clinical Laboratory. Its been 8 years now since I left the army, still a driver, still with my girl and Pops is doing OK. I can totally relate to the things you are going through man, no matter how much struggles and bullshit we go through there's always a light at the end of the tunnel.

WOW yes i can totally see the similarities, i'm glad everything is going well on your end :)
I don't directly care for my mum, i live under the same roof or i would be homeless so i have respect for my parents.

Before the Army i was in Foster care since the age of 12, my dad used to beat us and was quite abusive, i also never really had friends or went out due to the overprotection of my mother.
No parents are perfect and there is no book handed out to them on how to parent, all i can do is be phenominally better than them, plus a lot of learning disability is in my family.
I would also not be who i am today without the massive influences in my life, my carers were one of a kind.
Taught me everything valuable to me.
She went through hard times, had a bunch of loons who almost sent her crazy.. some kids are just really bad people, she also had an abusive partner, punched holes through her nice house walls, when i left and went in Army he set her house on fire.
I mentioned when we caught up that i never knew what to do when he was going at it, the guy was built and strong as an ox and i'm this stick figure with no weight behind it, i wanted to help at the time but was risking my own safety, plus your job and only income source.
According to friends my carer thinks highly of me, i got to see her a couple of months back, had a drink in Blackpool with her and her fella, watched a show, went over her rough times... said i would be there anytime for her come shitstorm or heaven.
Oh and she is only 11 years older than me so we relate pretty well, i have a genuine love for her, she's my rock, will never replace my mum, but damn... family she is.

Before her i was with a lovely guy who moved to Bulgaria and i was originally set to go with him but social services would not allow it and my parents were concerned. He is now married to another carer who looked after me on respite who is also lovely, both live together in Bulgaria now and i keep in contact through Facebook.

I was also a little sht as a kid, i had issues and did not fit in with school so was bullied, tall and skinny... yeah easy target too.
I also had 1 or two carers tell me i will amount to nothing because i don't possess anything good.

On a high note due to the large female friend base i have... i easily attract females lol.

My bro lives here too and is autistic, terrible hygiene, never worked, obese. Won't listen to sense, he's a year older than me.

I lift weights and do some body weight routines, it releases stress if only for a short time.

Overall i feel there is something out there for me, something much bigger. But i have to earn it and find it.

Ahhzz

Staff member
System Name OrangeHaze / Silence
Processor i7-13700KF / i5-10400 /
Motherboard ROG STRIX Z690-E / MSI Z490 A-Pro Motherboard
Cooling Corsair H75 / TT ToughAir 510
Memory 64Gb GSkill Trident Z5 / 32GB Team Dark Za 3600
Video Card(s) Palit GeForce RTX 2070 / Sapphire R9 290 Vapor-X 4Gb
Storage Hynix Plat P41 2Tb\Samsung MZVL21 1Tb / Samsung 980 Pro 1Tb
Display(s) 22" Dell Wide/24" Asus
Case Lian Li PC-101 ATX custom mod / Antec Lanboy Air Black & Blue
Audio Device(s) SB Audigy 7.1
Power Supply Corsair Enthusiast TX750
Mouse Logitech G502 Lightspeed Wireless / Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Keyboard K68 RGB — CHERRY® MX Red
Software Win10 Pro \ RIP:Win 7 Ult 64 bit
System Name AM4 / 775
Mouse Razer Basilisk
I'm no longer speaking about myself now as i kinda feel i'm being a bit errr self absorbed?
And well if you think this is easy, it's not.

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Overall i feel there is something out there for me, something much bigger. But i have to earn it and find it.

Sell your house and go help fight I.S as a freedom fighter

System Name AM4 / 775
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Sell your house and go help fight I.S as a freedom fighter

Come on man remember the terms i used? "perspective" i want a family of my own, i want to be much more independent than i am right now, that to me is a big leap, then it goes on from there.

Last edited:

FreedomEclipse

~Technological Technocrat~
System Name Codename: Icarus Mk.VI
Processor Intel 8600k@Stock -- pending tuning
Motherboard Asus ROG Strixx Z370-F
Cooling CPU: BeQuiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 {1xCorsair ML120 Pro|5xML140 Pro}
Memory 32GB XPG Gammix D10 {2x16GB}
Video Card(s) ASUS Dual Radeon™ RX 6700 XT OC Edition
Storage Samsung 970 Evo 512GB SSD (Boot)|WD SN770 (Gaming)|2x 3TB Toshiba DT01ACA300|2x 2TB Crucial BX500
Display(s) LG GP850-B
Case Corsair 760T (White)
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V573|Speakers: JBL Control One|Auna 300-CN|Wharfedale Diamond SW150
Power Supply Corsair AX760
Mouse Logitech G900
Keyboard Duckyshine Dead LED(s) III
Software Windows 10 Pro
Benchmark Scores (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻
Come on man remember the terms i used? "perspective" i want a family of my own, i want to be much more independent than i am right now, that to me is a big leap, then it goes on from there.

I was gonna make a joke about liberating a few jihad brides while your there but I think you've been through enough already, If i joined the army when i left school id probably still be there today if not 6 feet under.

System Name AM4 / 775
Mouse Razer Basilisk
Don't know if peeps are on there that are on here... at least not the common faces, plus i wanted to share it with this community since it's where i am at usually.

Anyway i'm not doing to bad.... spoke to an old friend from back when i was like 16 or so, she was much younger than me though and still is actually but last night was errr getting a bit fruity and i have not spoken to her for over 9 years, apparently she could not decide if i were hotter or the other guy she compared. Spoke about things, caught up, she's 21 whilst i'm 26... not a huge gap :)

Lucky treat in spoiler, i don't share images usually.

Single mom though. And her ex wants her back but she aint having none of it, says she deserves better, good for her.
Not saying anything between me and her will go anywhere, but yeah she fancies me lol, i just have to sort myself out before i do anything like that especially that she has a kid.

Well i think it's done now we both kinda in love lol... wow something happened this week... WTF is it my time or something? whatever i'm going with it and i'm making it happen.