• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI MEG Prospect 700R

Darksaber

Senior Editor & Case Reviewer
Staff member
System Name Meshlicious Monster
Processor Intel Core i5-10600T
Motherboard MSI Z490I Unify
Cooling NZXT Kraken Z53 with 2x Noctua Redux 1300 RPM PWM fans
Memory ADATA 16 GB 3200 Mhz DDR4
Video Card(s) MSI GeForce RTX 3070 Gaming X Trio
Storage TeamGroup 1TB NVMe SSD
Display(s) Asus ProArt 27" 1440P, 75Hz
Case ssupd Meshlicious with mesh side panels
Power Supply Fractal Design Ion 660 W Platinum ATX
Mouse Corsair Dark Core RGB Pro Wireless
Keyboard Microsoft Sidewinder X4 Keyboard
Software Windows 10 Home
The MSI MEG Prospect 700R comes with a beautiful 4.3" built-in IPS touch screen that give you access to various functions, including fan speed and ARGB control. MSI's new case is not only a hefty, well built and cool looking chassis, it also supports vertical mounting for triple-slot GPUs and ships with four 140 mm fans and additional parts for an E-ATX or cooling focus.

Show full review

The New England region of the United States
System Name Daily Driver(gaming, browsing)
Processor Ryzen 7 3800X
Motherboard Gigabyte X570 Aurus Pro Wifi
Cooling Noctua NH-D15 chromax.black
Memory 32GB(2x16GB) Patriot Viper DDR4-3200C16
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 3060 Ti
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB (Boot/OS)|Hynix Platinum P41 2TB (Games)|Kingston KC3000 2TB (Misc)
Display(s) Gigabyte G27F
Case Corsair Graphite 600T w/mesh side
Audio Device(s) Logitech Z625 2.1 | cheapo gaming headset when mic is needed
Power Supply Corsair HX850i
Mouse Redragon M808-KS Storm Pro (Great Value)
Keyboard Redragon K512 Shiva replaced a Corsair K70 Lux - Blue on Black
VR HMD Nope
Software Windows 10 Pro x64
Benchmark Scores Nope
For what you get, I don't think the price is that steep. If I was into ARGB junk, I might jump on this, but I really see no reason to consider it. Just plain overkill for my needs.

System Name Incomplete thing 1.0
Processor Ryzen 2600
Motherboard B450 Aorus Elite
Cooling Gelid Phantom Black
Memory HyperX Fury RGB 3200 CL16 16GB
Video Card(s) Gigabyte 2060 Gaming OC PRO
Storage Dual 1TB 970evo
Display(s) AOC G2U 1440p 144hz, HP e232
Case CM mb511 RGB
Audio Device(s) Reloop ADM-4
Power Supply Sharkoon WPM-600
Mouse G502 Hero
Keyboard Sharkoon SGK3 Blue
Software W10 Pro
Benchmark Scores 2-5% over stock scores
This case really feels like an over-the-top Cooler Master case for some reason...

System Name Computer of Theseus
Processor Intel i9-12900KS: 50x Pcore multi @ 1.18Vcore (target 1.275V -100mv offset)
Motherboard EVGA Z690 Classified
Cooling Noctua NH-D15S, 2xThermalRight TY-143, 4xNoctua NF-A12x25,3xNF-A12x15, 2xAquacomputer Splitty9Active
Memory G-Skill Trident Z5 (32GB) DDR5-6000 C36 F5-6000J3636F16GX2-TZ5RK
Video Card(s) EVGA Geforce 3060 XC Black Gaming 12GB
Storage 1x Samsung 970 Pro 512GB NVMe (OS), 2x Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB (data 1 and 2), ASUS BW-16D1HT
Display(s) Dell S3220DGF 32" 2560x1440 165Hz Primary, Dell P2017H 19.5" 1600x900 Secondary, Ergotron LX arms.
Case Lian Li O11 Air Mini
Audio Device(s) Audiotechnica ATR2100X-USB, El Gato Wave XLR Mic Preamp, ATH M50X Headphones, Behringer 302USB Mixer
Power Supply Super Flower Leadex Platinum SE 1000W 80+ Platinum White
Mouse Zowie EC3-C
Keyboard Vortex Multix 87 Winter TKL (Gateron G Pro Yellow)
Software Win 10 LTSC 21H2
Looks overfiltered. If I had this case, I'd remove all those filters, the grill work is adequate.

Skybuck

What do you mean with AF ?

How much clearance is there for the power supply ? There should be some airflow moving towards it.

It seems like this "shroud" might cover it, it's a bit concerning...

ONLY SHOWING 2.5 INCH HARDDISKS ?! LAME ! THIS IS NOT A LAPTOP !

START WITH 3.5 INCH HARDDISKS AND THEN MOVE ON TO 2.5 INCH HARDDISKS.

YOU ALMOST GAVE ME A FRICKING HEART ATTACK ?!

THE 2.5 INCH SEEM TO BE MOUNTED WITH A SPECIAL MOUNTING BRACKET.

NORMAL 3.5 INCH HARDDISKS WON'T BE NEEDING THIS ?!

MAYBE THIS PC COULD MOUNT MY LAPTOP 2.5 INCH DRIVE IF IT IS A 2.5 INCH DRIVE THAT WOULD BE FUNNY.

THOUGH THE 7950X PROCESSOR PROBABLY WON'T WORK WITH WINDOWS 7 HOME EDITION FROM THE LAPTOP.

WHAT IS THE POINT OF HAVING 2.5 INCH DRIVE BAYS AND THEIR LIMITED CAPACITY ?!?!?!

APPERENTLY THESE 2.5 INCH HARDDISKS ARE INDEED LAPTOP HARDDISKS, KINDA NICE.

EXCUSE ME FOR BIG FAT CAPITAL LETTERS :p*

!!!!!!

WHAT KIND OF POWER SUPPLY DID YOU USE ???

MOST POWER SUPPLYS HAVE VENTILATOR ON THE INSIDE OF THE CASE ?!?!?!?

YOUR SCREENSHOT SHOTS A POWER SUPPLY WITHOUT AN INTERNAL VENTILATOR ?!?!

HOW THE HELL DOES THE POWER SUPPLY GET AIR ?!?!

!!!!

OK NOW I SEE THE POWER SUPPLY SUCKS IN AIR FROM THE BOTTOM, THROUGH THE TRIANGLES...

THIS IS NOT A VERY GREAT IDEA, THERE WILL BE LOST OF DUST UNDER THE TABLE TOO, AND ON THE TABLE NEAR THE TABLE.

BUT IT'S BETTER THAN NOTHING.

ONE MAJOR REASON FOR CONCERN IS:

IS THE POWER SUPPLY INPUT COVERED BY THE DUST FILTER ?!

LAST THING I WANT TO DO IS SUFFICATE THE POWER SUPPLY AND CAUSE A FIRE...

ESPECIALLY IN COMBINATION WITH THE DIFFICULTY OF REMOVING THE BOTTOM DUST FILTER OUT THE BACK WHERE THE WALL WILL BE.

FROM THE MANUAL IT CAN BE SEEN THAT THE BOTTOM DUST FILTER DOES COVER THE POWER SUPPLY...

RISKY IN MANY WAYS...

THIS COULD BE A DEAL BREAKER... MAYBE... I WILL HAVE TO THINK ABOUT IT, IF I WANT A POWER SUPPLY SUCKING IN DUST FROM THE TABLE...

AT LEAST FOR WATER BUILDS, THIS CONFIGURATION IS MORE SAFE...

HOWEVER IF I REMOVE THE BOTTOM DUST FILTER, THEN THE ENTIRE PC WILL BE SUCKING IN DUST FROM THE BOTTOM.

THIS COULD BECOME A BIG FAT VACCUUM/DUST CLEANER DEVICE, SAD...

VERY MAYBE ONE POSSIBLE SOLUTION COULD BE TO MOUNT THE POWER SUPPLY, THE OTHER WAY AROUND AND REMOVE THE SHROUD...

SO THAT IT SUCKS IN AIR FROM THE PC CASE ITSELF... HMMM...

IS THIS AT ALL POSSIBLE, OR WILL THE SCREWS NOT ALIGN ? HMMM...

I THINK THIS IS WHAT THE SPECIAL POWER SUPPLY MOUNTING BRACKET IS FOR... HMM... IS IT STURDY ENOUGH TO KEEP THE POWER SUPPLY IN CHECK/IN THE PC.. HMMM...

MOVING THE PC CASE ON A MONTHLY BASIS TO REMOVE THE BOTTOM DUST FILTER, IS A BIG FAT NO-NO

THIS COULD SERIOUSLY DAMAGE:

1. HARDDISKS
2. MOTHERBOARD/GRAPHICS CARDS AND THEIR HEAVY WEIGHT
3. CPU COOLERS/HEAVY WEIGHT
4. WATER COOLING LOOPS
5. MAYBE EVEN RADIATORS AND PUMPS.

THE DUST SUCKING FROM THE TABLE MIGHT NOT BE SO BAD, AT LEAST THE PC IS SOMEWHAT HIGH OF THE TABLE THANKS TO IT'S PC CASE FEET..

THE BOTTOM DUST FILTER WILL HAVE TO BE REMOVED, IT'S TOO MUCH OF A RISK FOR THE POWER SUPPLY IF MOUNTED WITH INTERNAL FAN DOWNWARD.

HOWEVER I DON'T FEEL COMFORTABLE WITH A PC POWER SUPPLY SUCKING IN LARGE QUANTITIES OF DUST FROM THE TABLE, SO THEN FLIPPING IT MIGHT BE BETTER, BUT WHAT TO DO WITH THE SHROUD ?! HMMM... STRANGE STUFF.

WHEN FLIPPED, THE BOTTOM DUST FILTER CAN BE LEFT IN AND WILL BLOCK ADDITIONAL DUST FROM GETTING INTO THE PC CASE AND POWER SUPPLY, THIS MIGHT BE WORKABLE, THOUGH ODD...

SLIGHT LITTLE RISK OF STATIC ELECTRICITY BUILD UP IN THE DUST/AIR ITSELF NEAR THE HARDDISKS, BUT THIS IS PROBABLY MINOR...

HOWEVER THE SHROUD WILL MOST LIKELY BE NECESSARY/ESSENTIAL FOR MOUNTING THE GRAPHICS CARD VERTICALLY AS INDICATED BY THE MANUAL.

SO IF THE SHROUD IS REMOVED, FORGET ABOUT VERTICAL MOUNTING APPERENTLY...

AND THUS THE GRAPHICS CARD WILL BE IN IT'S HOT PCI EXPRESS SLOT IN COMBINATION WITH HOT M2.SLOTS... A BIG DRAWBACK...

A MODULAR POWER SUPPLY WILL BE ESSENTIAL TO BE ABLE TO CLEAN THE POWER SUPPLY, IF IT'S MOUNTED DOWNWARDS...

THIS COULD BE A SOLUTION.

I SEE ANOTHER BIG DRAWBACK OF THIS MOUNTING DOWNWARD POSITION OF POWER SUPPLY.

IT WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE TO SEE IF THE POWER SUPPLY IS FULL WITH DUST....

SO THE ENTIRE PC WILL HAVE TO BE INSPECTED... AND POWER SUPPLY PULLED OUT.

HOW MANY TIMES CAN YOU PULL OUT POWER SUPPLY PLUGS BEFORE THEY BREAK ? HMMM.....

CAN THE PC CASE ACTUALLY BE FULLY CLOSED, WITH REMOVED DUST FILTERS ?! STRANGE QUESTION, BUT GONNA ASK IT ANYWAY... JUST IN CASE...

WHAT IS THE SIZE OF THE FANS THAT CAME WITH IT ON THE FRONT ? HMMM MANUAL SAYS 120 MM VS 140 MM POSSIBLE...

WEBSITES SAYS 4X140 MM THAT WOULD BE SWEET.

THE ONLY OTHER GAMING CASE THAT COMES CLOSE TO IT SO FAR IS:

THE OTHER CASES ARE FLAWED/CHEATERS AS FAR AS I AM CONCERNED FOR HAVING DANGEROUS VERTICALLY MOUNTED HARDDISKS, AND VERTICALLY MOUNTED POWER SUPPLIES ! ;)

I SEE ANOTHER ISSUE WITH THIS SHROUD...

IF IT IS USED... TO MOUNT GRAPHICS CARD VERTICALLY... IT WILL HAVE TO BE DETACHED, OTHERWISE CAN'T ACCESS THE POWER SUPPLY COMFORTABLE... WOULD HAVE TO PULL IT OUT TO BE ABLE TO REMOVE THE CABLES...

SO THIS SHROUD MAKES IT DIFFICULT TO USE THE MODULARITY OF THE POWER SUPPLY... HMMM.......

NOW THE GRAPHICS CARD IS AT RISK TOO, TO BE REMOVED ETC IF MOUNTED VERTICALLY, RISKY STUFF.

Last edited:
System Name boomer--->zoomer not your typical millenial build
Processor i5-760 @ 3.8ghz + turbo ~goes wayyyyyyyyy fast cuz turboooooz~
Motherboard P55-GD80 ~best motherboard ever designed~
Cooling NH-D15 ~double stack thot twerk all day~
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP ~memory gone AWOL~
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 ~*~GOLDEN EDITION~*~ RAWRRRRRR
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo (OS X, *nix), 128GB Samsung 840 Pro (W10 Pro), 1TB SpinPoint F3 ~best in class
Display(s) ASUS VW246H ~best 24" you've seen *FULL HD* *1O80PP* *SLAPS*~
Case FT02-W ~the W stands for white but it's brushed aluminum except for the disgusting ODD bays; *cries*
Audio Device(s) A LOT
Power Supply 850W EVGA SuperNova G2 ~hot fire like champagne~
Mouse CM Spawn ~cmcz R c00l seth mcfarlane darawss~
Keyboard CM QF Rapid - Browns ~fastrrr kees for fstr teens~
Software integrated into the chassis
Benchmark Scores 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999
System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121
How does this compare to the Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2. It may not come with fans but it is 50% cheaper. Even the Corsair 7000D Airflow is a better and cheaper case than this. Why is MSI trying to make themselves seem like a high end Company when they are certainly not Asus. Even the LCD is something you could easily do yourself for about $40.

Skybuck

(I was actually looking at corsair manual):
This is indeed a good case, there are different models of it, some have a door in the front, that is a bit less. It also has the power supply mounted vertically.

Besides from that I will have to study a bit harder on this case, will do so tomorrow. I wonder if it has usb 3.0 gen 2x2 and such.

Perhaps this is a bit older case and has older usb ports, not sure yet.

(Concerning phanteks:)
I have seen it before... I think it may have had some radiator mounting issues were they get in the way of each other or maybe not, but if so, other cases have this problem as well, I can remember there was some kind of problem with it, this may have been it, maybe me a bit too hasty to dismiss. I will take a closer look tomorrow.

I did a quick search, it's successor has this problem with the radiator:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Phanteks/comments/fcdv4p
The harddisk and the radiator are mutually exclusive.

However the enthoo pro 2 is older/different but I nevers studied it so I will dos tomorrow thanks for mentioning it ! =D
( I forgot about this case... so good to take a deeper look into it ! ;) maybe it has some problems, many not... hmmm)

I checked the manual of the enthoo pro 2, it indeed has the same problem, if harddisks mounted then front radiator cannot be mounted, this is a big disadventage of this case and kinda dismisses it immediately... unless one doesn't want to go with a radiator on the front ?! But why throw away such an option ?!...

Both cases are strong contenders but I am looking for the best, with that extra little bit of uemph, I think the prospect has it, though just like a ferrari it comes with limitations... =D

At least with prospect the harddisks can still be mounted no matter if radiator or not, not sure if phantek pro 2 has other harddisk mounting options...

Also the way the harddisks are mounted in phanteks enthoo pro 2 looks weak, it's basically attached in the back on one side, this is concerning, what if these drive bays start to vibrate ?! shack up and down or even break off ?! It doesn't seem too sturdy... another reason to perhaps dismiss this case... if it's strong it could be nice though... but I like my harddisk mounted strongly, no room for mistakes/drops/break offs etc...

That leaves the corsair, very similiar to the prospect, however I think the prospect has slightly more modern usb ports... also sometimes less is more, less usb ports is less cables to route...

The prospect has the possibility to use EK water blocks, something special for this case, so it has these options... that is what makes it extra interesting...

Last edited:
System Name Best AMD Computer
Processor AMD 7900X3D
Motherboard Asus X670E E Strix
Cooling In Win SR36
Memory GSKILL DDR5 32GB 5200 30
Video Card(s) Sapphire Pulse 7900XT (Watercooled)
Storage Corsair MP 700, Seagate 530 2Tb, Adata SX8200 2TBx2, Kingston 2 TBx2, Micron 8 TB, WD AN 1500
Display(s) GIGABYTE FV43U
Case Corsair 7000D Airflow
Audio Device(s) Corsair Void Pro, Logitch Z523 5.1
Power Supply Deepcool 1000M
Mouse Logitech g7 gaming mouse
Keyboard Logitech G510
Software Windows 11 Pro 64 Steam. GOG, Uplay, Origin
Benchmark Scores Firestrike: 46183 Time Spy: 25121

This is indeed a good case, there are different models of it, some have a door in the front, that is a bit less. It also has the power supply mounted vertically.

Besides from that I will have to study a bit harder on this case, will do so tomorrow. I wonder if it has usb 3.0 gen 2x2 and such.

I have seen it before... I think it may have had some radiator mounting issues were they get in the way of each other or maybe not, but if so, other cases have this problem as well, I can remember there was some kind of problem with it, this may have been it, maybe me a bit too hasty to dismiss. I will take a closer look tomorrow.

However the enthoo pro 2 is older/different but I nevers studied it so I will dos tomorrow thanks for mentioning it ! =D
( I forgot about this case... so good to take a deeper look into it ! ;) maybe it has some problems, many not... hmmm)

I checked the manual of the enthoo pro 2, it indeed has the same problem, if harddisks mounted then front radiator cannot be mounted, this is a big disadventage of this case and kinda dismisses it immediately... unless one doesn't want to go with a radiator on the front ?! But why throw away such an option ?!...

Both cases are strong contenders but I am looking for the best, with that extra little bit of uemph, I think the prospect has it, though just like a ferrari it comes with limitations... =D

At least with prospect the harddisks can still be mounted no matter if radiator or not, not sure if phantek pro 2 has other harddisk mounting options...

Also the way the harddisks are mounted in phanteks enthoo pro 2 looks weak, it's basically attached in the back on one side, this is concerning, what if these drive bays start to vibrate ?! shack up and down or even break off ?! It doesn't seem too sturdy... another reason to perhaps dismiss this case... if it's strong it could be nice though... but I like my harddisk mounted strongly, no room for mistakes/drops/break offs etc...

That leaves the corsair, very similiar to the prospect, however I think the prospect has slightly more modern usb ports... also sometimes less is more, less usb ports is less cables to route...

The prospect has the possibility to use EK water blocks, something special for this case, so it has these options... that is what makes it extra interesting...
Actually the Enthoo Pro 2 came out after the 719. It is basically a 719 with USB C and 2 USB 3.0 headers for 4 ports. The 7000D series from Corsair has the same thing.

There is a side mount that you can use and there are other places to mount hard disks. I had that case and the best thing is to put fans in the front and mount your res there. I put my AIO rad in the side mount to exhaust and it worked great.

System Name boomer--->zoomer not your typical millenial build
Processor i5-760 @ 3.8ghz + turbo ~goes wayyyyyyyyy fast cuz turboooooz~
Motherboard P55-GD80 ~best motherboard ever designed~
Cooling NH-D15 ~double stack thot twerk all day~
Memory 16GB Crucial Ballistix LP ~memory gone AWOL~
Video Card(s) MSI GTX 970 ~*~GOLDEN EDITION~*~ RAWRRRRRR
Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo (OS X, *nix), 128GB Samsung 840 Pro (W10 Pro), 1TB SpinPoint F3 ~best in class
Display(s) ASUS VW246H ~best 24" you've seen *FULL HD* *1O80PP* *SLAPS*~
Case FT02-W ~the W stands for white but it's brushed aluminum except for the disgusting ODD bays; *cries*
Audio Device(s) A LOT
Power Supply 850W EVGA SuperNova G2 ~hot fire like champagne~
Mouse CM Spawn ~cmcz R c00l seth mcfarlane darawss~
Keyboard CM QF Rapid - Browns ~fastrrr kees for fstr teens~
Software integrated into the chassis
Benchmark Scores 9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999

What are you looking for in a case? Based on your previous post it seems like you've been out of the market for a while, and perhaps have some misconceptions about what does and doesn't work. If you could clarify your needs we could help you find something suitable.

Skybuck

I came across this video, watched it again, it's also an interesting case, the "luxe" version of phanteks enthoo:

Phanteks Enthoo Luxe 2 :​

Another version, the enthoo pro 2:

I do see how this PC could look a bit weird if not using the micro itx/dual system, thus perhaps this case a bit overkill, though the space can be re-used for harddisks,
AM5 motherboards only come with 4 or 6 sata ports... any additional harddisks slots would be nice to move old hardisks over to new ones or so...

Last edited: