• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI R5670 Cyclone 1G voltage control

Pomerancak

Hi,

as many other I am having problem regarding RBE. I would like to flash bios of above mentioned card. I tried card peak values in AfterBurner application. I find out i can increase core speed to 950 and 1150 for memory. However I have to push voltage by +99 mV to maintain stability.
Now to my problem. I have read RBE Tutorial and all articles linked within it. But I am not sure how to increase voltage in RBE. I have made some screenshots.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I cannot see any option for increasing voltages. I would appreaciate any advice. Accept my apologies if I overlooked anything in your tutorial.

Thanks in advance.

With my (apparantly) reference 5850 card (Sapphire, vanilla), there was the option to set the voltage with a button called "voltage registers", but as this option is greyed out as seen in your screenshots, I am guessing that there is unfortunately no voltage control on your card that you can play with.

I had difficulty in making this work on my 5850, but eventually I figured out exactly how to do it, but all I had to do was to adjust a number in the "voltage registers". On 5850's one is supposed to not touch other voltage settings at all, only the numbers in menu for "voltage registers".

I think you are out of luck, but I am no expert.

Pomerancak

Hi,

ye in RBE it seems there is no possibility to change voltage. However in Afterburner +99 mV works fine...

Guess I will take to undergo some risk and try flashing bios with changed voltage and...
..cross fingers for luck ;)

Edit: I have successfully flashed bios without voltage adjustments, specifically 850/1150 Mhz (core/memory). I also tried increase voltage to 1.2V and core to 950 Mhz but that does not work. In Windows GPU-Z showed default frequencies (775/1010). It seems I will settle with 850/1150 status. However I have run into another problem. I have changed fan settings. I used fan throttle control settings, Tmin = 30°C, Tmax = 70°C, Duty cycle min = 30%, Hysteresis = 2% (rest of the settings can be seen on the screenshot). The problem is that in GPU-Z in idle fan is on 28%, I checked it with Afterburner. The fan is not using settings I have written into bios. I have tried some flashing bios with Duty cycle min = 75%. During boot fan was certainly using this speed but once Windows logo appear on screen it slowed down. It seems fan is behaving differ way when I enter Windows. I am using Windows 7 64b Professional.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I will be glad for any help.

Last edited: