• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

MSI RX 570 8GB Elpida - Incorrect Shares after a few hours of running

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhammi20

Need help. I am fairly new to mining. I have a 4 card build. (1) Gigabyte RX 580 8GB SAMSUNG (1) XFX 570 4GB Hynix and (2) MSI RX 570 8GB both Elpida. Windows 10 Home w/ Claymore Miner. I am using the crimson blockchain driver that is dated 8/8/2017 in device manager with the atikmdag patch. I tried the latest 12/13 Crimson Driver, but was getting very very low MH/s.

SO......the issue is with one of my MSI RX 570 8GB, I have modded the bios timings following the recommendation of copy and pasting the 1750 timings and up. I then overclocked both MSI cards with Core Clock = 1150 and Memory Clock = 2100. I am at a loss for what to make the voltage, so I left that stock for now. With those settings, I get about 27 MH/s for both cards. However, 1 of the cards keeps getting and "incorrect share" message after a few hours of mining perfectly fine. The other MSI card seems to handle anything I throw at it, even 2250 memory clock and 28.5 MH/s with a random dip here and there, but no incorrect shares. This one card doesn't seem to like any changes at all. On a side note, I did import the same modded rom file to both cards if that would be a problem? Any recommendations as I am at a loss? I guess I could try not overclocking the card at all and see what happens on an overnight run, but where is the fun in that? ;)

I think I posted this to the wrong place. Double posted to the Mining Thread.....sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.