• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

My IPV6 has problems

So, since a few days, i'm experiencing what it seems to be like IPV6 related issues. The exact problem is that i cant access websites on my own servers that seems to connect using IPV6. All these websites are online however and with a anyonymous browser and using my 4G internet, i can access them.

Ive whitelisted my IPV4 adress on the server(s), i can for example access directadmin, i can connect using FTP (Which connects using IPV4) but i cant open websites on my own server with IPV6. The strange part is, when i test my own connection on IPV6 on for example https://test-ipv6.com/ , it reports IPV6 not detected. I'm not sure if this has bin or is a problem with my ISP now;

But: these websites wont connect; anything on my home internet connection to my own server to what it seems IPV6, fails to open. When i switch to 4G they open as they should. What the f is going on ? I cant unban any IPV6 if thats the case because i dont know my outside IPV6 IP adress; the model itself does'nt report IPV6 connectivity or a public IPV6 adress. Just a IPV4 adress.

Sites hosted on for example, the same server but using cloudflare, work without any issues. Proberly because CF has a fallback to IPV4. My servers do as well, both IPV4 & IPV6, but i'm the only one experiencing these issues as both of my server guys (managed) cant figure it out whats going on. They say on their end everything checks in and i need to contact my own ISP.

My ISP is a portugese one with 1000/400mbit glasfiber; it's very consistent and i never had any issues so far. But now there are a dozen of websites that i cant access on my own server and i dont have a clue why it's not working as it should. A pathping halfway shuts off because it seems like it's blocked or something. At least it's not getting to where it should. I can ping the servers (Over IPV4) which work normal; i just cant open a few url's on which i do can using my 4G subscription. Any idea?

-Restarted modem, there are'nt much of options available in there at all
-Resetted NIC settings; changed DNS server(s) to 1.1.1.1, no result
-Disabled local IPV6; i know my servers have a fallback to IPV4 so that shoud'nt cause problems
-Flushed firewall completely on servers, not that i condole in doing that but that was'nt the issue

the same exact thing happens with Firefox surfing certain sites. The hosts file is "clean". It basicly says the server is taking too long to respond; which does sound like a IPV6 issue being blacklisted. But clearing the 35k of IP bans did'nt resolve it, nor that i cant figure out what my public IPV6 adress is.

Its only a handfull of sites; and i clearly dont understand why this is happening. When i test these sites with a IPV4/IPV6 test they work seamless. The problem is'nt at the end of my servers really.

Last edited: