• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

Need a new cooler for my graphics card: recommendations?

System Name HTC's System
Processor Ryzen 5 1600
Motherboard Asrock Taichi X370
Cooling NH-C14
Memory G.Skill Kit 16GB DDR4 F4 - 3200 C16D - 16 GTZB
Video Card(s) Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 OC 4 GB
Storage 1 Samsung NVMe 960 EVO 250 GB + 1 3.5" Seagate IronWolf Pro 6TB 7200RPM 256MB SATA III
Display(s) LG 27UD58
Case Corsair Obsidian 650D
Audio Device(s) Onboard
Power Supply Corsair TX750
Mouse Logitech Performance MX
Software Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
When i purchased my current video card last year (see system specs), i installed it right next to the sound card as there appeared to be just enough space, barely (this was before upgrading to a ryzen system: i had, @ the time, an APU system) and, when i 1st powered the PC, there was this awful crackling sound so i immediately turned of the PC and removed the card for inspection and, sure enough, the fans had markings from hitting the sound card. I then placed the sound card in a lower PCI slot and had no problems since with the video card, including when i upgraded to my current ryzen system.

Fast forward to last week, the card's fans started making a slight cracking sound and this is making me worry so i mailed the shop that sold me the card and asked if the sold a cooler that was compatible with my card and i just received a reply today that says they don't sell any cooler that is compatible with my card.

My main problem is compatibility because my card isn't reference and that could well be an issue.

Unless ofc i can buy just the fans: if this is possible, i'd rather go that route, instead of purchasing a whole cooler.

sneekypeet

Super Moderator
Staff member
System Name His
Processor Intel i9 7920X
Motherboard Asus Prime X299 Deluxe
Cooling Corsair H150i PRO RGB
Memory G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB @ 3600MHz
Video Card(s) nVidia GTX 1080ti SLI with EVGA Hybrid coolers.
Storage Samsung 960 Pro / Crucial MX300 750GB / Seagate 1TB Spinner
Display(s) Sony 43" 4K 60hz
Case Cooler Master Cosmos C700P (Inverted Layout)
Audio Device(s) Realtek on board > Sony Receiver > Cerwin Vega's
Power Supply Thermaltake TPSG 1050W
Mouse Always Changing
Keyboard Always Changing
Software Windows 10 Pro 64
If you remove your cooler and pull the fans, they should have a part number on them. Search that number on Ebay.