• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NewEgg goes "Premiere"

System Name EVGA-FX | Lenny (Lenovo Y480)
Processor AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz 1.416v | i7 3610qm
Motherboard Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE
Memory 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600 | 8gb DDR3 @ 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX780 Classified @ 1228MHz 1.615v | GT640m LE
Storage Crucial M500 480GB, WD Caviar Blue 500GB, WD Scorpio Blue 750GB | Samsung 250GB 840
Display(s) Qnix QX2710 1440p | 42" Vizio 3D LCD TV 1080p
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo
Power Supply Seasonic G-650
Software Windows 6.3.9600
Who can complain.. And i will get that between 12am-12:45pm.

I think newegg screwed the time imput it should of been the 9th and it was ordered sunday afternoon..

Like come on were talking sunday ordering and if the destination was closer we would of got it earlier. But yes i guess ya could say that was 3 days but when you really think about it it's some what less although no 2 days.

And that's my new XFX 290X :).

I don't know why you can't understand. Moving it by truck would've been closer to 4-5 days so they (UPS) put it on a plane which cut down the time. Simple logistics and it has nothing to do with newegg.

Congrats on the new card.

I fail to see why this is either a good or a bad thing. It's Newegg emulating Amazon, without branching out into absolutely every market (yet).

Let's look at the business model, and see why there is nothing special going on here.

From basic business models, we understand that initial pricing has to be high and service has to be good in order to win customers over. You first have to beat out competition to bring the customers in the door, and then have to give them a reason to stay with you. Newegg had this phase about three years ago. Their pricing was generally great, and their service was next to none.

Transitioning into phase two, the business needs to turn a profit. Here's where things get sticky, and that service level has to retain customers. Your pricing adjusts higher, so that profits will be realized. You may not be the best pricing out there, but loyal customers and superior service bouy you in the consumers' eyes. Newegg hit this about two years ago, whenever they introduced the daily deals and shell shockers for the first time. Pricing was more in line with other retailers, except for the "special" deals that brought consumers in.

Penultimately, the pricing inflates further to either the level of competitors or above. Customers are fiercely loyal, and your level of service is justified in their minds as being worth the cost. You offer specific items at a value price to get people in the door, but once in the door pricing is not the draw. This phase is hard to pin down, but for Newegg it ended when they introduced the Neweggflash program.

Finally you diversify, reward, and start over again at step 1. New items draw a more diverse consumer in, and get them to peruse your old catalog. Maybe the person who needs diapers also determines that they need a new mouse for an old computer due to abuse from a fussy toddler. You sell the new item at near cost, and make money from the mouse. Soon the consumer is loyal, and you can start "rewarding" that customer. Amazon and Newegg are pioneers in the rewards department, such that they actually make you pay for the rewards now. It used to be free 3 day shipping at Newegg, which has been cut back to the much cheaper egg-saver variant. Prime introduced "discount" shipping for an annual fee; Newegg decided to do exactly the same thing. Amazon branched out from books into everything under the sun; Newegg is branching out with other sellers and the flash deals. If you want to see Newegg's future then you need only look at Amazon.

To the point of delivery, 2-day delivery is a joke. When I was in MN it was 3 day delivery taking 3 days, but the processing usually took less than 3 hours. I would order in the morning Monday, and have it at my door Thursday. I currently live in NC, and it is a 2 day shipment, that generally takes 3 or more days. Order Monday AM from Newegg, order doesn't process until Tuesday, then I have it Thursday. The Premier service cuts that day+ of processing off, which means I can get my crap by Wednesday. Amazon isn't bad, but most of the things I've ordered from them came from other sellers. Both Newegg and Amazon services sucks hard whenever it comes to other sellers.

System Name Juliette // HTPC
Processor Intel i7 9700K // AMD Ryzen 5 5600G
Motherboard ASUS Prime Z390X-A // ASRock B550 ITX-AC
Cooling Noctua NH-U12 Black // Stock
Memory Corsair DDR4 3600 32gb //G.SKILL Trident Z Royal Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 3600
Video Card(s) ASUS RTX4070 OC// GTX 1650
Storage Samsung 970 EVO NVMe 1Tb, Intel 665p Series M.2 2280 1TB // Samsung 1Tb SSD
Display(s) ASUS VP348QGL 34" Quad HD 3440 x 1440 // 55" LG 4K SK8000 Series
Case Seasonic SYNCRO Q7// Silverstone Granada GD05
Audio Device(s) Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 // HDMI to Samsung HW-R650 sound bar
Power Supply Seasonic SYNCRO 750 W // CORSAIR Vengeance 650M
Mouse Cooler Master MM710 53G
Keyboard Logitech 920-009300 G512 SE
Software Windows 10 Pro // Windows 10 Pro
I just heard on the radio that Amazon is raising its annual fee to $119 and adding music streaming if they can get the license

I Ive had Newegg premier for almost 30 days now. Using the free for 30days option. And while it is nice to have faster shipping it not that much faster and I kept waiting for the "special discounts" they weren't really that special

Buy the way Newegg's lastest e mail special (its on the first web page) has some of the lowest prices on SSD Ive ever seen. Crucial M500 240Gb for $112

AsRock

TPU addict
Processor AMD 3900X \ AMD 7700X
Motherboard ASRock AM4 X570 Pro 4 \ ASUS X670Xe TUF
Cooling D15
Memory Patriot 2x16GB PVS432G320C6K \ G.Skill Flare X5 F5-6000J3238F 2x16GB
Video Card(s) eVga GTX1060 SSC \ XFX RX 6950XT RX-695XATBD9
Storage Sammy 860, MX500, Sabrent Rocket 4 Sammy Evo 980 \ 1xSabrent Rocket 4+, Sammy 2x990 Pro
Display(s) Samsung 1080P \ LG 43UN700
Case Fractal Design Pop Air 2x140mm fans from Torrent \ Fractal Design Torrent 2 SilverStone FHP141x2
Audio Device(s) Yamaha RX-V677 \ Yamaha CX-830+Yamaha MX-630 \Paradigm 7se MKII, Paradigm 5SE MK1 , Blue Yeti
Power Supply Seasonic Prime TX-750 \ Corsair RM1000X Shift
Mouse Steelseries Sensei wireless \ Steelseries Sensei wireless
Keyboard Logitech K120 \ Wooting Two HE
Benchmark Scores Meh benchmarks.
I don't know why you can't understand. Moving it by truck would've been closer to 4-5 days so they (UPS) put it on a plane which cut down the time. Simple logistics and it has nothing to do with newegg.

Congrats on the new card.

Sure but for $2.99 for get ya shit on plane from the other side of the country and to you in less than 3 days is next to none. If i had picked the free shipping i would of still got it was before 7 days in fact would of had it by thursday.

And if i had to buy it of Amazon it would of cost me $830 and not $650. They have more in stock too now..

O yeah i all so know if they drop the price in the next month and i get in touch with them they will part refund at the very least... As lilhasselhoffer
says there is many loyal newegg customers and there is good reason for it. Newegg goes to no end to make the buyer happy unlike what i have noticed with Amazon in the passed.

System Name EVGA-FX | Lenny (Lenovo Y480)
Processor AMD FX-8320 @ 4.5GHz 1.416v | i7 3610qm
Motherboard Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0
Cooling Phanteks PH-TC14PE
Memory 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600 | 8gb DDR3 @ 1600
Video Card(s) EVGA GTX780 Classified @ 1228MHz 1.615v | GT640m LE
Storage Crucial M500 480GB, WD Caviar Blue 500GB, WD Scorpio Blue 750GB | Samsung 250GB 840
Display(s) Qnix QX2710 1440p | 42" Vizio 3D LCD TV 1080p
Case CoolerMaster HAF XB Evo
Power Supply Seasonic G-650
Software Windows 6.3.9600
Sure but for $2.99 for get ya shit on plane from the other side of the country and to you in less than 3 days is next to none. If i had picked the free shipping i would of still got it was before 7 days in fact would of had it by thursday.

And if i had to buy it of Amazon it would of cost me $830 and not $650. They have more in stock too now..

O yeah i all so know if they drop the price in the next month and i get in touch with them they will part refund at the very least... As lilhasselhoffer
says there is many loyal newegg customers and there is good reason for it. Newegg goes to no end to make the buyer happy unlike what i have noticed with Amazon in the past (FX-GMC).

Of course you would've had it in less than 7 days. It only takes UPS ground 7 days to get shit from Alaska.

Both (Amazon and Newegg) have been very good to me and I shop from both places. Amazon gets me more bang for my buck 9 times out of 10 so they get more of my business. Of course there are going to be instances where something is cheaper one place or the other. That isn't news to anyone that knows anything.

You are never going to convince me that Newegg gets preferential treatment when it comes to shipping carriers. Amazon puts my shit on a plane for $40/year on 98% of my purchases (at least the ones that come from the west coast). If I had to pay $2.99 for each shipment I would be way over that. Hell I'd be way over the non student price of Amazon prime.

There are many loyal Newegg customers and many loyal Amazon customers. Another useless statement.

Have a nice day.