• Welcome to TechPowerUp Forums, Guest! Please check out our forum guidelines for info related to our community.

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Confirmed, Beats RTX 2080 SUPER

Processor faster at instructions than yours
Motherboard more nurturing than yours
Cooling frostier than yours
Memory superior scheduling & haphazardly entry than yours
Video Card(s) better rasterization than yours
Storage more ample than yours
Display(s) increased pixels than yours
Case fancier than yours
Audio Device(s) further audible than yours
Power Supply additional amps x volts than yours
Mouse without as much gnawing as yours
Keyboard less clicky than yours
VR HMD not as odd looking as yours
Software extra mushier than yours
Benchmark Scores up yours
And do you need the latest and greatest cards for that?
So the only games worth playing are those that need top graphic cards and deemed worthy of play by you. You sound like a spoiled immature brat.

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
Last edited:
So the only games worth playing are those that need top graphic cards and deemed worthy of play by you. You sound like a spoiled immature brat.
Assumptions are dangerous. Way to insult people on forums...

No. That's not what im saying. I like big AAA games but unfortunately there have been distinct lack of quality there in past years. Thus also no need for the latest and greatest GPU's. I guess things will start picking up steam now (no pun intended) as PC's start to race to match the new consoles in IO/SSD and price/perf metrics.

Case fancier than yours
I like big AAA games but unfortunately there have been distinct lack of quality there in past years.
Past years, how about past two decades. Every game you mentioned has a number after it. Originality and quality has been far and few in AAA games for a long time.
Thus also no need for the latest and greatest GPU's.
You never "needed" them only when you wanted to push the game to max settings, FPS, and resolution. For the most part PC games tend to scale well as publishers & developers want to maximize play-ability.

I guess things will start picking up steam now (no pun intended) as PC's start to race to match the new consoles in IO/SSD
I think you mean consoles can finally match PC IO/SSD

I think you mean consoles can finally match PC IO/SSD
No. The new consoles, especially PS5 still have an advantage. Until we get DirectStorage as part of DX12 Ultimate next year they will still have an edge. Currently there is no SSD on the market for PC that exceeds PS5's custom SSD. Eventually there will be and DirectStorage will also help to close the gap. When PC's will move to PCIe 5.0 in 2022 most liikely it will once again be the fastest platform.

Case fancier than yours
No. The new consoles, especially PS5 still have an advantage. Until we get DirectStorage as part of DX12 Ultimate next year they will still have an edge. Currently there is no SSD on the market for PC that exceeds PS5's custom SSD. Eventually there will be and DirectStorage will also help to close the gap. When PC's will move to PCIe 5.0 in 2022 most liikely it will once again be the fastest platform.
Now I get it, you are a console fan boy. Makes sense now about all your previous posts.

Now I get it, you are a console fan boy. Makes sense now about all your previous posts.
Hahaha you get nothing human. You would be suprised to learn that i have not owned a single console in my life. Not a single one. I've played on them at friends house but i could never get used to the controller. Nothing beats keyboard and mouse when it comes to precision.

The fact that you jump into baseless conclusion like that makes me think that you yourself might be a fanboy. I distinctly remember one other person who made fun of PS5's SSD claiming, thatt PC totally has faster solutions right now (for under $500?). Later he was forced to admit his mistake after doing some research. His name is Linus Sebastian. You might want to look into that before you claim someone is a fanboy when they DARE to say that a console is better than a PC any ANY aspect.

You know what. I better link the video right here:

Like i said before. The new consoles are ahead in some aspects but as usual the PC will blow past then in the coming years. That is always how it's been after new consoles launch. Only people new to the whole Console/PC dilemma claim otherwise.

D

Deleted member 24505

whatever.

two posts in, and you are insulting people already...

How did he insult anybody? i see no insult there, he called you no insulting name, unless you are insulted by kid, he insulted no race or religious group or creed. :confused:

Hahaha you get nothing human. You would be suprised to learn that i have not owned a single console in my life. Not a single one. I've played on them at friends house but i could never get used to the controller. Nothing beats keyboard and mouse when it comes to precision.

The fact that you jump into baseless conclusion like that makes me think that you yourself might be a fanboy. I distinctly remember one other person who made fun of PS5's SSD claiming, thatt PC totally has faster solutions right now (for under $500?). Later he was forced to admit his mistake after doing some research. His name is Linus Sebastian. You might want to look into that before you claim someone is a fanboy when they DARE to say that a console is better than a PC any ANY aspect.

You know what. I better link the video right here:

Like i said before. The new consoles are ahead in some aspects but as usual the PC will blow past then in the coming years. That is always how it's been after new consoles launch. Only people new to the whole Console/PC dilemma claim otherwise.

At the end of the day a PC is just better. a console is a toaster that plays games, a thing you buy from a white goods store. A PC is a whole lot more, just because your console plays the same games as a PC for the cost of just a high end GPU for the PC does not make it better. You will end up paying a shit ton more for it once you have 20 games for it on your shelf, as that is where they make the money back they lose on the small in comparison cost of it.

Now please enough of this console vs PC bullshit

r9

System Name Primary|Secondary|Poweredge r410|Dell XPS|SteamDeck
Processor i7 11700k|i7 9700k|2 x E5620 |i5 5500U|Zen 2 4c/8t
Memory 32GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|16GB DDR4|32GB ECC DDR3|8GB DDR4|16GB LPDDR5
Video Card(s) RX 7800xt|RX 6700xt |On-Board|On-Board|8 RDNA 2 CUs
Storage 2TB m.2|512GB SSD+1TB SSD|2x256GBSSD 2x2TBGB|256GB sata|512GB nvme
Display(s) 50" 4k TV | Dell 27" |22" |3.3"|7"
VR HMD Samsung Odyssey+ | Oculus Quest 2
Software Windows 11 Pro|Windows 10 Pro|Windows 10 Home| Server 2012 r2|Windows 10 Pro
How did he insult anybody? i see no insult there, he called you no insulting name, unless you are insulted by kid, he insulted no race or religious group or creed. :confused:

At the end of the day a PC is just better. a console is a toaster that plays games, a thing you buy from a white goods store. A PC is a whole lot more, just because your console plays the same games as a PC for the cost of just a high end GPU for the PC does not make it better. You will end up paying a shit ton more for it once you have 20 games for it on your shelf, as that is where they make the money back they lose on the small in comparison cost of it.

Now please enough of this console vs PC bullshit

Me personally I'm more into PC VR sim racing/flying but I bought used Xbox one X for my son for ~$160.
You can't argue the value you are getting for the money as there is no way to build anything similar for that kind of money.
There is a reason why consoles exist and why is such a big market, gamers getting great gaming experience for lot less and from the game publishers standpoint you have a crowd that can enjoy their games without doing screenshot pixel by pixel comparison and bitch and moan about every little thing.

System Name Alienation from family
Processor i7 7700k
Motherboard Hero VIII
Cooling Macho revB
Memory 16gb Hyperx
Video Card(s) Asus 1080ti Strix OC
Storage 960evo 500gb
Display(s) AOC 4k
Case Define R2 XL
Power Supply Be f*ing Quiet 600W M Gold
Mouse NoName
Keyboard NoNameless HP
Software You have nothing on me
Benchmark Scores Personal record 100m sprint: 60m
No. This is a relatively recent thing. It always used to be the xx70 that would beat the previous xx80. In any case, this is a xx60 Ti, which is a whole different matter.
1070 as 980ti, 1060 as 980, 960 as 780, 970 as 780ti, 660 as 580, 670 as better than 580. Last 10 years I guess.

System Name PC-Casa
Processor i7-9700F
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer II 240
Memory 2x16gb DDR4 3200 Kingston HyperX
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Eagle OC 8Gb
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 500Gb + Samsung SSD 870 QVO 2TB + 2x WD 2Tb HDD SATA
Display(s) Samsung LU28R55 4K
Case Sharkoon TG5 Pro RGB
Power Supply Cooler Master 600W 80+
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
Keyboard Corsair Strafe
Software W10 Pro - 64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark Performance: 30167 3D Mark Extreme : 15862
It's terrible to see how a thread about the RTX 3060 becomes a war between consoles fanboy and pc gamers. It seems we are talking about the rtx 3060 and its capacity to beat the rtx 2080s... well amazon listed it for the 2nd of December the rtx 3060 ti version at a price quite similar to a rtx 3070 so where's the interest? I was waiting for it but due to the constant delays I took a rtx 3070 and I'm happy with it. Then, honestly you can't compare a ps5 or xbox to a pc, and not only for the graphic quality, just intent to write a word document with your ps5 or edit a video...

rtwjunkie

PC Gaming Enthusiast
Supporter
Louisiana -Laissez les bons temps rouler!
System Name Bayou Phantom
Processor Core i7-8700k 4.4Ghz @ 1.18v
Motherboard ASRock Z390 Phantom Gaming 6
Cooling All air: 2x140mm Fractal exhaust; 3x 140mm Cougar Intake; Enermax T40F Black CPU cooler
Memory 2x 16GB Mushkin Redline DDR-4 3200
Video Card(s) EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Xc
Storage 1x 500 MX500 SSD; 2x 6TB WD Black; 1x 4TB WD Black; 1x400GB VelRptr; 1x 4TB WD Blue storage (eSATA)
Display(s) HP 27q 27" IPS @ 2560 x 1440
Case Fractal Design Define R4 Black w/Titanium front -windowed
Audio Device(s) Soundblaster Z
Power Supply Seasonic X-850
Mouse Coolermaster Sentinel III (large palm grip!)
Keyboard Logitech G610 Orion mechanical (Cherry Brown switches)
Software Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (Start10 & Fences 3.0 installed)
1070 as 980ti, 1060 as 980, 960 as 780, 970 as 780ti, 660 as 580, 670 as better than 580. Last 10 years I guess.
Except....you’re wrong on the examples you listed that have two numbers in between them.

System Name PC-Casa
Processor i7-9700F
Motherboard Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X
Cooling Artic Liquid Freezer II 240
Memory 2x16gb DDR4 3200 Kingston HyperX
Video Card(s) Gigabyte RTX 3070 Eagle OC 8Gb
Storage Samsung 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 500Gb + Samsung SSD 870 QVO 2TB + 2x WD 2Tb HDD SATA
Display(s) Samsung LU28R55 4K
Case Sharkoon TG5 Pro RGB
Power Supply Cooler Master 600W 80+
Mouse Corsair M65 Pro RGB
Keyboard Corsair Strafe
Software W10 Pro - 64
Benchmark Scores 3D Mark Performance: 30167 3D Mark Extreme : 15862
Actually back then I did 2042x1536 @ 85hz sooo yeah not to mention that HD6950 was also build for the future with its 2gb of Vram etc, today that would cost 400 euro as well, but it didn't, it cost 200, 200 for a videocard is fine, heck even 300 I can live with...but 800...for an ok-ish videocard? really?

Also because resolution goes up and games become more demanding...the gpus should also cost more?

I mean that is why Im buying A NEW GPU in the first place and not sticking with the old thing forever right?
The problem is that the new gpu for the sku has completely jumped in price to imo rediculous levels.

And I do feel I have to emphasis the "imo" here, if the current prices is not issue for you, great, but for me its heavily been withholding me from upgrading, its not that I cant afford it, I just dont want to pay that much for IMO relatively not blazingly impressive performance
My old system I recently changed was really similar to yours and honestly it wasn't really made to play modern games with decent graphics... looking yours the big difference was in the graphic card, mine was a GTX 1060 3GB which was in front of the RX 480 at this time. Then, talking about the HD 6950 in 1680x1050 in Crysis Warhead in fanatic mode without AA the result was 45 fps... far away to be playable at 2042x1536@85Hz. And you can say what you want about the price of the new GPU it will not change nothing so accept it or leave it.

To come back to the subject of the thread I was just looking the prices of the 3060 Ti in Spain ... starts at 549,00€ and top model at 659,00€ ( sourced in a website of a big player) so when you can have a 3070 like mine for 679,00€ which is 15% better than the 3060Ti where is the interest??